Tranquilgreens High Brix - Green Crack - Y Griega - StarRyder - Bubblegum - NL - 2015

Re: Tranquilgreens High Brix - Green Crack - Y Griega - StarRyder - Bubblegum - NL -

I've been keeping cuttings in cups of water until they start producing root nubs, and I drop a pinch of Roots! into a couple inches of water for that. I tried a drop of Tea once, too, but it wasn't a dramatic difference. Warmth, humidity and low light are most important for success.

:Namaste:

Thanks Graytail. That's good to know. When do you typically take cuttings? Height? Nodes? At some particular point in the timeline?

Re: Tranquilgreens High Brix - Green Crack - Y Griega - StarRyder - Bubblegum - NL -

Thanks Graytail. That's good to know. When do you typically take cuttings? Height? Nodes? At some particular point in the timeline?

I'm kinda lazy about it, probably because I haven't been all that successful in awhile. :laughtwo: I usually end up waiting until they need their legs trimmed up before the flip. The side shoots at the bottom will do best because they have more rooting hormone in them but they're also the weak shaded ones. I like 'em 4-5 inches long with a couple good 2 inch internodes. I've also taken longer ones and cut them in half and rooted both pieces - that usually works pretty well. One of the nice things about keeping them in cups is that it gives me a lot of time and flexibility. I can try a couple cuts in soil while the rest sit in the cups. If the water stays uncontaminated, they'll keep for weeks, eventually growing their own little hydro roots.

I need an aerocloner ... :straightface:

So if one supplemented with some lower side lighting during veg one might possibly be able to coax those little branches underneath to beef up a bit. :hmmmm:

Food for thought Graytail.

I've only cloned a few times and I've only used water. So far, so good. Sometimes the clones root in one week. Other times it has taken as long as three weeks. Doc mentioned a couple of times about adding a drop of Tea to the clone water but I haven't tried it yet. If I was going to change anything, that's what I'd try.

This is my first clone attempt and it's not likely they will all produce roots. Tea is a good idea as they are needing more moisture now. The other day I had a little brix solution left and I sprayed them lightly with that. I wondered if kids like sugar... :rofl: So I will try a dilute mixture of tea.

:thanks:

Everyone looks amazingly healthy Tranquil. That StarRyder is aptly named! :laughtwo:

I have a fondness for bushy. The Bubblegum looks right up my alley. :battingeyelashes: And best of luck with clones. SoilGirl has been having good luck with hers lately using aloe. If you have a plant you could dilute some of the interior gel and soak the cubes in it.

I have some aloe gel I keep for making face cream Sue. Pure aloe. Maybe that will work? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've been keeping cuttings in cups of water until they start producing root nubs, and I drop a pinch of Roots! into a couple inches of water for that. I tried a drop of Tea once, too, but it wasn't a dramatic difference. Warmth, humidity and low light are most important for success.

:Namaste:

Mine are in rockwool cubes. The rockwool was soaked first in pH water of about 6.2 and I never thought of cups of water. Do you think Roots! would dissolve in water to the benefit of the clones? :scratchinghead:

hey tranq like ur grow its lookin great i sub i would like to see the green crack and how it does i think i am gonna grow this next

Thanks for subbing mads!

You will enjoy growing green crack, it's a great daytime smoke. :volcano-smiley:

I took all my clones from my 3 plants.

Mine are in rockwool cubes. The rockwool was soaked first in pH water of about 6.2 and I never thought of cups of water. Do you think Roots! would dissolve in water to the benefit of the clones? :scratchinghead:

Mostly, I wanted the mycos from Roots, but some of the rock dust should be useful, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can the mycos survive in water?

Tranquil, if the aloe is pure it should work.

According to my quick search, yes they can.

ALL my transplanted clones are surviving and looking good. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I took them all outside for some morning light the other day and when I brought them inside one plant was drooping and its leaves were laying on the soil all wrinkled up. I was going to throw it away as one that didn't make it but instead I took all the clones under my florescent lights and sprayed them with de-stress. The next day the faded plant was standing tall and the leaves looked perfect! I was amazed.

Since then I have sprayed them nearly every evening with De-stress and they are vibrant and healthy, all 12 of them. I see no degradation by spraying them so often. I fed them a little water, mainly on the outer area of the soil. They seem to be surviving. Today they are on their 15th day of cutting.

0012501.JPG

0022450.JPG

These clones are in high brix soil and only time will tell if they all survive but I have a guess that they will unless something bad happens now.

:green_heart:

New clones seem pretty delicate to me. I don't even give them full access to my little T5 lights when they are getting started. That sunshine was probably a but much for the one that faded. I bet they do just fine.
:thumb:

Impressive. I'll remember that about the DeStress when I start playing with clones. Great work Tranquil! :high-five:

Feels pretty darned good, doesn't it? :battingeyelashes:

That is pretty sweet Tranquil. They are all looking great. I will have to try my hand at cloning soon.
So many great tutorials to be followed here. I'm crossing my fingers they all survive. :thanks:

New clones seem pretty delicate to me. I don't even give them full access to my little T5 lights when they are getting started. That sunshine was probably a but much for the one that faded. I bet they do just fine.
:thumb:

:thanks: Major, yes the sun shook them up a bit but all is well now. They are sitting under my two florescents, one a daylight and one a blue light. I have my T5s ready to take over once the clones are strong enough.

Impressive. I'll remember that about the DeStress when I start playing with clones. Great work Tranquil! :high-five:

Feels pretty darned good, doesn't it? :battingeyelashes:

My friend and her daughter have been failing to get any clones to take so I was curious and decided to take some before my GC began to flower. I think my brown thumb is turning green with the help of Doc's kit.
And YES :yahoo: it feels great! :thanks:

so how are your autos doing?

The autos are doing GREAT. But they are not ready to harvest yet. Their buds are putting on weight and the outer buds are getting bigger. I'll take a photo or two to show you when the sun comes out. I still have to update this grow.

:popcorn:

How's the weather down your way Major? I've had a lot of torrential rain and wind. My table umbrella blew up and out of its holder while I was gone last weekend and knocked my 3 autos off and to the ground. Two autos got knocked out of their pots but they are fine, their roots held the soil together and the rain kept them moist. They let me slip them back home without a problem.

How's the weather down your way Major? I've had a lot of torrential rain and wind. My table umbrella blew up and out of its holder while I was gone last weekend and knocked my 3 autos off and to the ground. Two autos got knocked out of their pots but they are fine, their roots held the soil together and the rain kept them moist. They let me slip them back home without a problem.

Not quite that bad here. We had one day (Friday) of wind, heavy rain and a little hail. I had to support my AoS plants and they all got a little beat up, but they are fine and it looks like hot weather is one the way back.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your girls are doing. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom