Tranquilgreens High Brix - Green Crack - Y Griega - StarRyder - Bubblegum - NL - 2015

Re: Tranquilgreens High Brix - Green Crack - Y Griega - StarRyder - Bubblegum - NL -

Shadow, I had planned to upcan these girls into 7 gallons this next week. I don't think the problem is root bound - the pots are 1 gallon. The problems started over two weeks ago. You can be sure I will look over the roots at transplanting!

You should really upcan them ASAP. They'll recover when you do, and won't recover until you do. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Re: Tranquilgreens High Brix - Green Crack - Y Griega - StarRyder - Bubblegum - NL -

Tranquil, this is a heartbreaker. :straightface: I know you must be beyond frustration. I certainly hope you find the cause so you can spare yourself this type of distraction again. I feel for you.

All I can do is send positive intentions, and I do that already. Best of luck in your search for solutions. :hug:

:thanks: Indeed it is a heartbreaker. I feel those good thoughts coming! :circle-of-love:

:green_heart:

You should really upcan them ASAP. They'll recover when you do, and won't recover until you do. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Its happening today! Gonna take some photos of the roots as I transplant. Thanks guys and gals, it's so comforting to know everyone watches out for others here.

Its happening today! Gonna take some photos of the roots as I transplant. Thanks guys and gals, it's so comforting to know everyone watches out for others here.

Community gardening at its best. Community that actually cares about YOU first and your plants second. Aren't you glad you stumbled into this neighborhood? Graytail gave me the same advice with my Carnival when she was beginning to fade. High Brix works best in big pots. My Carnival recovered within a day, if I recall correctly, and look at her now. He's a good friend to have by your gardening side. Darned laws of physics that keep us all separated in space. :straightface: If we could only harness the wizardry we see being applied in all these grow rooms, eh? :laughtwo:

Grab your laughs where you can. I know this was frustrating for you. I'm learning not to question my own ability. Sometimes, with plants, stuff happens just because it's Tuesday and it's raining, you know what I mean?

I'm as curious as anyone else about the origin of your challenge. Go. Conquer. Transplant.

Here we go, the upcanning process and the roots, which look almost healthy to me except they seem to be more overwhelming at the bottom and not out to the sides. This tells me I need to let them dry out more so this I will do. I'm also wondering if the pots they are in are somehow toxic?

001b.jpg

002b.jpg

003b.jpg

004b.jpg

005b.jpg

006b.jpg

007b.jpg

008b.jpg

Now we will see if this helps them at all. If not, then more sleuthing is needed. Today they get a little sun, it's supposed to be 80 for the next few days. I'm getting out the transplant now to give them a treat.

Stay green and frosty,

Community gardening at its best. Community that actually cares about YOU first and your plants second. Aren't you glad you stumbled into this neighborhood? Graytail gave me the same advice with my Carnival when she was beginning to fade. High Brix works best in big pots. My Carnival recovered within a day, if I recall correctly, and look at her now. He's a good friend to have by your gardening side. Darned laws of physics that keep us all separated in space. :straightface: If we could only harness the wizardry we see being applied in all these grow rooms, eh? :laughtwo:

Grab your laughs where you can. I know this was frustrating for you. I'm learning not to question my own ability. Sometimes, with plants, stuff happens just because it's Tuesday and it's raining, you know what I mean?

I'm as curious as anyone else about the origin of your challenge. Go. Conquer. Transplant.

Yeppers, this is how I learn best - by doing and failing and doing and succeeding! All the while the experts are looking over my shoulder ready and willing to give suggestions.

Wouldn't be great if we all lived close to each other? Then we could have a "potluck"! :rofl:

Yeah, those were severely rootbound! Wow. I apologize for not going back to check, but ... were you soaking them when you water or just watering from the top? The roots circled the outside of the pots.

But, problem solved. :cheesygrinsmiley: You're going to be amazed at how well they recover now. :thumb:

Wow! Those babies just needed more root space! The teeny-tiny nature of the particulates in the drenches means they need lots of little roots to soak up all the goodness. In all likelihood, this was your problem.

My rule of thumb, as it is with my limited experience, has become to get them upcanned as quickly as possible once the leaves are overreaching the sides of the small pot they're in. I've noticed that's the point when roots have filled the ball, but before they start to circle, and now it's time to let them run free again.

I don't think the pots were toxic. I think your soil was incapable of retaining enough nutrients to feed its resident plant. Not enough attachment points. I work with tiny pots. I find they respond best to more frequent but diluted waterings. It's a real balancing act sometimes.

I'm so thrilled that you got them transplanted. Whew! :high-five: Watch them bounce back now!

Graytail, which method would have caused the roots to circle like that?

Top-watering without being sure the rootball got soaked could cause that. It would allow water to run down the sides without the inner ball getting well soaked.

... Just supposition ... doesn't matter now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm so pleased I listened to you guys! Since I had 12 of these gals and not enough soil to go around I had to make a decision which ones to save. The others are still in their little pots waiting for me to get more soil or toss them, or give them away.

Top-watering without being sure the rootball got soaked could cause that. It would allow water to run down the sides without the inner ball getting well soaked.

... Just supposition ... doesn't matter now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the clarification Graytail. I haven't grown long enough to have caught all this stuff. Look, I learned something new today. :battingeyelashes:

I'm so pleased I listened to you guys! Since I had 12 of these gals and not enough soil to go around I had to make a decision which ones to save. The others are still in their little pots waiting for me to get more soil or toss them, or give them away.

You choose the healthiest ones and cull the rest. They're damaged, and the longer they sit in those small pots, the more damaged they become. They may turn into a headache for someone else. Worth considering before you give them away. It's one thing for you to save a damaged plant, but do you really want that carried out one more step into someone else's grow space?

I love the pic with your cat in it if I fits I sits lol

and me personally I don't like plastic pots never did never will I only use fabric pots and I tell every one I know that grows to use them too

Everyone has hit the nail on the head. They have you covered brother. Doc Bud has a nice method. Top water, then drench, top water, then drench. Let them dry out fully between. Plants can be small up top but roots all over the place.

Hi Tranquil, I've been lurking and catching up on your journal. It looks like it was the roots being the problem. Hope the transplant takes care of that issue. (I was beginning to think you might have had a virus)It was the Y Griega that caught my eye as I have grown it a few times and I've made a pretty good hybrid crossing it with a Malawi Gold. I grow indoors and the Y Griega surpassed 8 ft. It is a long flowering time but it's definitely worth the wait. I classify this as one of the Super Sativas as it is one heck of a buzz. It's actually very energetic and kind of a racey high. Not the best choice for going to bed early but a very good strain for those chores that just have to get done today! Your is a fun grow to watch!

Hi Tranquil, I've been lurking and catching up on your journal. It looks like it was the roots being the problem. Hope the transplant takes care of that issue. (I was beginning to think you might have had a virus)It was the Y Griega that caught my eye as I have grown it a few times and I've made a pretty good hybrid crossing it with a Malawi Gold. I grow indoors and the Y Griega surpassed 8 ft. It is a long flowering time but it's definitely worth the wait. I classify this as one of the Super Sativas as it is one heck of a buzz. It's actually very energetic and kind of a racey high. Not the best choice for going to bed early but a very good strain for those chores that just have to get done today! Your is a fun grow to watch!

Thanks for the interest and for passing on your experience with Y Griega. I can tell you the two Y Griega I have growing will soon reach the top of my 8 foot tent! I love the sativas and their energy for daytime. Next time I grow them will be springtime so they can stretch outside and reach their natural height. I have a lot of patience so the long flowering time doesn't bother me. They do seem to be water hogs though and I have to be aware of that.

:thanks:

Hello TG, please allow me to introduce myself, I hesitate to throw advice out there, but I have the EXACT same thing going on with my plants right now....I am a Doc Bud soil girl, beginning my 2nd year of growing MJ, still a newb, but 40 year degreed horticulturalist. Some grow with machine like precision and keep knocking it out month in and month out, but me, I've encountered every hiccup in the book and I keep telling myself I should be glad to get all the screw ups out of the way early....and I will never EVER get a big head, I guarantee.

Anyway, I am fresh out of a PM debacle, so I've had to sanitize and swab my grow rooms and everything in them....all your questions have been valid (toxic pots, etc) because, like you, I freak and go over every possibility....since I know my groom is completely sterile I rule out toxicity, my girls are in the same 1 gallon pots and I don't believe my roots are bound.....so I go back to your water....like you I have well water....one thing I did in my past grows was fill up a couple plastic 1 gallon jugs of water and let them sit at least over night and water with that after they have rested......before I started and during Doc Bud research I read about don't worry about PH, but letting it rest calms the chlorine down or so they said and this did not rear it's ugly head until now because I haven't been letting my water rest overnight (!).....just put that in your back pocket for the halibut (hell of it).

I'm back to using rested water, I already destressed once, will apply Doc's rescue dench tomorrow and then follow up with another destress in a day or 2.....I'll watch your journal to see how you recover and pipe in to let you know if I do as well.....godspeed my dear.....

I've been falling down on the job of updating my high brix grow. So here is where I am now.

I transplanted the clones into 5 and 7 gallon fabric pots and yes they took off like we knew they would. Some look like small bushes. As you will see in the photos they are taking up my tent, in fact a friend of mine took 7 of them for awhile and I am flipping everyone into flower and I am taking some clones from the healthiest/robust ones which will be the mother plants for my 6 spring outdoors plants. Which will probably be my next grow journal. I am working on the soil right now for that grow.

But back to this grow...

My Y Griega are very tall even after pinching back the tops. They are the thirstiest plants I have ever grown.
Here they are just before getting watered. (I didn't want to water them until they went back in the tent.)

My two thirsty Y Griega girls.
MARIA

1YGriega.jpg

PALOMA
2YGriega2.jpg

The sisters MARIA and PALOMA
3YGriega.jpg

Green Crack Mothers
The plants types seem so different from each other. The one in the middle is my favorite.
4GCMothers.jpg

They have been trying to flower since coming inside.
5GCMothers.jpg

Here are some of their clones, the ones that were recently transplanted. (front two) They have changed!
6GCMothersWClones.jpg

7GCMothers.jpg

8GCMothers.jpg

One of my green crack girls, just a bush!
9GCClone.jpg

10GCClone.jpg

Inside my tent
11Tent.jpg

12Tent.jpg

13Tent.jpg

The Bubblegum, StarRyder and Northern Lights autos are now just a memory. They smell so good every time I open the jars. After growing these autos I have decided I am not a fan of them and prefer normal sized plants.

So, today I flipped all my girls in the tent to Flower. Gotta get some clones tomorrow.

Good to see an update from you! I was wondering how it's going.
Some big girls you've got there! Looking forward to the finish.

Back
Top Bottom