Tunkers Fogging Herb Garden

Hey I seen this clip from an article and thought you may like.

Abstract
The high price of synthetic fertilisers and the price barrier for biochar as a soil amendment have encouraged the exploration of using biochar in fertiliser replacement formulations. Biochars coupled with fertilisers can be applied at lower application rates to achieve benefits in plant growth and nutrition, as well as soil biological fertility. It is necessary to evaluate the use of biochar as a fertiliser substitute. Therefore, this study investigated the comparative influences of biochars, including Acacia saligna (AS), Simcoa jarrah (SJ) and Wundowie jarrah (WJ), mineral fertiliser with microbes (MF + M), biochar-mineral complex (BMC) and their combination on mycorrhizal colonisation, growth and nutrition of wheat in a glasshouse experiment and sorghum in field conditions. BMC + MF + M treatment produced higher mycorrhizal colonisation than MF + M alone, indicating that BMC had a significant role in increasing mycorrhizal colonisation. SJ (treated with acetic acid) and MF + M treatments, as well as AS + MF + M application, showed similar effects on mycorrhizal colonisation, but lower colonisation than the BMC + MF + M treatment. Overall, the BMC + MF + M treatment supported the maximum shoot, root and total plant dry weight followed by AS + MF + M and WJ + MF + M. The MF + M treatment had the maximum shoot N and K concentrations, while BMC + MF + M application had the maximum shoot P concentration. AS + MF + M and WJ + MF + M treatments supported the maximum N uptake by wheat shoots, while BMC + MF + M supported the maximum P uptake. The results showed that biochars and BMCs could increase mycorrhizal colonisation, plant growth and nutrient uptake of wheat, particularly N, P, K, S and Zn. The field experiment confirmed that BMC application at a rate of 300 kg ha−1 could increase the yield of irrigated sorghum on a loam soil and provide better applied P use efficiency compared to a water-soluble fertiliser alone. These results indicated that biochar-based fertilisers might increase the resilience and sustainability of dryland cropping in environments such as in Western Australia and warrant further field evaluation.

evening mr.T, I do apologize bout the above, as I must've been incredibly stoned cause....??? Effed if I know. Otherwise the girls are looking very good after the defol..
Bahaha all g. I just assumed if I had no idea what you were on about it was something lost in translation or you were high af haha glad it was the latter.

Haven't defoled since I put them in the flower room actually lol they seem to be dropping leaves under the canopy that are not receiving enough light or getting too humid. Gonna see how they go with minimal trimming.

Sorry I haven't stopped by your thread for a while smeeg, I'll endeavour to catch up soon. Last time I looked you had so much shit going on, I need to see how it all panned out.

You are on a roll bud. You got any plans to do anything a bit different this time?
Woops, missed this one. I'm trying a few things to hopefully improve.

Angled the LED to try and promote the plants to grow towards the empty side of the net. I bought a lux meter to test par readings and got it in a good spot.

I'll be using a product called liquid lead for the last 4 weeks of flower to try and optimise my harvest more. It has organic enzyme activators that are supposed to "unleash" the flowering potential of my plants lol also have been adding silica this time.

And finally, I just purchased a dehuey because the room is hitting 80% RH during lights off due to the cooler temperatures. I don't want to run a heater so I figured I'd lash out and get a dehumidifier, see how it goes...

Bahaha all g. I just assumed if I had no idea what you were on about it was something lost in translation or you were high af haha glad it was the latter.

Haven't defoled since I put them in the flower room actually lol they seem to be dropping leaves under the canopy that are not receiving enough light or getting too humid. Gonna see how they go with minimal trimming.

Sorry I haven't stopped by your thread for a while smeeg, I'll endeavour to catch up soon. Last time I looked you had so much shit going on, I need to see how it all panned out.

No stress my bru, our journals are always here to catch up whenever we need, damn those last cpl pics are becoming impressive in their own right and quickly too.... Frosty Friday's and a frosty nug for tea time.....

Have a good un mr.Tunks....

Did the Silica seem to help promote stronger stems?
I only started using it when I flipped the lights and tbh I haven't noticed any extra strength in the stems as of yet. I can only really compare the Sal because I haven't grown the other strains yet but if there has been any difference, I haven't noticed yet.

Back
Top Bottom