Unforgiven's - Picture-A-Day - Barney's Critical Kush - DWC

had a great nap today........fueled by some oreo rice krispie squares....with cannabutter.lol

worked like a charm

I may just have to design and 3D print a net pot with correct size holes then...problem solved ;)
Let ya see it when I'm done! Cheers!

Hi StonedGypsy

When you do that, let me know, I'll order a dozen... I had to carve the holes in my pots manually. The only available netpots here are 7cm in diameter.

Hi StonedGypsy

When you do that, let me know, I'll order a dozen... I had to carve the holes in my pots manually. The only available netpots here are 7cm in diameter.

StonedGypsy said:
Hi,
If you want custom net pots what size would you like? Maybe I can help.

Mark

Hi StonedGypsy

Unfortunately, I can't send PM's until I collect 50 posts so I'm replying here.

Thanks for the offer, I was half-kidding but also half serious. I made a tub with 12.5cm diameter holes (4.9'') and the net pots this size are impossible to find here in Croatia (Europe). The largest diameter available here is 7.5cm (3''). I had to make my own and it took me a whole day to carve out the three regular plastic pots.

You are in the States and just shipping those would cost an arm and a leg :) But thanks to you, I'm considering the idea to have them 3D printed here.

Thanks again for the offer and all the best!

day 21 here at the bucket. ph climbed, res temp dropped. all's well anyhow. she's a slow grower for now. but I know why at least.

the stats: T: 70.5....RH: 49....PH: 7.1....REST: 20.0....PPM: 535 no major changes save maybe the ph floating.

the pic......
20160801_162836.jpg

looking pretty good, small but pretty good.

have fun eh

day 21 here at the bucket. ph climbed, res temp dropped. all's well anyhow. she's a slow grower for now. but I know why at least.

the stats: T: 70.5....RH: 49....PH: 7.1....REST: 20.0....PPM: 535 no major changes save maybe the ph floating.

the pic......
20160801_162836.jpg

looking pretty good, small but pretty good.

have fun eh

Still looking good . Why do you think she is growing slow ? There is that little ph swing again . What are you using to adjust your ph if you don't mind me asking ?

It look to me that growth has stalled. How's the root ball coming along. In soil, plant stalls until roots hit sides and bottom. DWC is different but I'd look at root development to ensure nothing is going on with its development.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

hey no pain and millertim. thanks for stopping in.

just feels slow, lol. not going by any specific calendar for her or anything. previous soil xp I would see the plant covering the pot by now, so a full pot of roots eh.

I use vinegar for my ph down. if I am doing the current bucket, I drain a litre into my mixing jug, add the vinegar, stir, pour into the bottom of the bucket. stir a bit. check again. when I check the res, I drain off a couple cups before taking my reading cup. so I take a cup, pour it into the hydroton, repeat 2-3 times to ensure i'm not getting anything "stale" from the sight hose.

hey miller, yeah it kinda feels stalled to me, but then she surprises me with a lil growth spurt ya know. I poked around in the top hydroton, trying to see anything, but for fear of busting roots I didn't go deep at all. I did see a root approaching the side of the basket a couple days ago, so i'm expecting her to soon take off.

update after my maintenance time. cya in a few hours, lol.

have fun eh

wow I really need to scroll up before typing eh.

hello to stonedgypsy, angrybird and sara!!!

thanks for dropping by to check on this lil lady. she's doing fine, just slowly and carefully lol.

cya innabit

have fun eh

hey no pain and millertim. thanks for stopping in.

just feels slow, lol. not going by any specific calendar for her or anything. previous soil xp I would see the plant covering the pot by now, so a full pot of roots eh.

I use vinegar for my ph down. if I am doing the current bucket, I drain a litre into my mixing jug, add the vinegar, stir, pour into the bottom of the bucket. stir a bit. check again. when I check the res, I drain off a couple cups before taking my reading cup. so I take a cup, pour it into the hydroton, repeat 2-3 times to ensure i'm not getting anything "stale" from the sight hose.

hey miller, yeah it kinda feels stalled to me, but then she surprises me with a lil growth spurt ya know. I poked around in the top hydroton, trying to see anything, but for fear of busting roots I didn't go deep at all. I did see a root approaching the side of the basket a couple days ago, so i'm expecting her to soon take off.

update after my maintenance time. cya in a few hours, lol.

have fun eh

As far as it being slow by comparison to soil . This is your first time growing this right ? It could be the strain . Like my grow Gc and Ww dominate compared to Bb . Gc and Ww exhibit hybrid vigor with Gc being the most prominent and Bb just kinda just chugs along . I used to grow hybrids all the time and there is a defiant difference in grow rate to old solid seed stock.

In regards to your ph . Vinager may not be stable enough I would try some ph down . But first do an experiment if you want mix a little nute solution and use the vinager to set your ph and set aside for a couple days and see if goes up. One other thing and I can't look back right at this second . But if you are using rock wool it will make your ph upswing if you didn't pre soak it as rock wool has a naturally alkaline ph .

so we made it to day 22 and we are still alive and kicking. I see the third node starting, so exciting times are coming.

the stats: T: 72.6....RH: 45....PH: 7.2....REST: 21.8....PPM: 410... adjusted PH: 6.1 res will get an ice bottle.

annnd the pic....
20160802_204913.jpg

hey no pain, thanks for looking out here eh.
yeah, my first dwc, and first time with this strain too. so plenty of unknown variables.
no rockwool in the dwc. I don't have any ph down atm. dunno when im going to the city to be able to get any either. so I will make do as I can with the vinegar.

have fun eh

I think i'll make do with the vinegar rather than lemon juice.

just a choice. same reaction.

Back
Top Bottom