Urmom's New Indoor Medical Garden

It might just be that they have longer flowering times, and will start packing on some weight towards the end. I hope so anyway.

I hope so too...but it looks like overall they are just not as vigorous and they just look like something is wrong...they are green and producing, just not like the other genetics in the tent...

Ok, update time...I know it has been awhile but we have been pretty busy around the farm...The girls are all doing stellar and the autos are starting to really tighten up and put on the crystals...TRICHOMES, TRICHOMES, TRICHOMES!!! Things are looking really good...should be finishing up the Cheese soon, we are at 2 full months of flower and about 9-10 weeks of total growth from germination, so that puts us in the window for finishing. I cut a small lower branch from each of the cheese autos to dry and sample fro flavor, potency etc. We will keep the best plant for head stash and some of the tops from the rest and run the remainder as hash (dry and water).

Super Lemon Haze has redeemed herself in 2 of the plants...one is starting to catch up with the rest of the tent and another of the small phenos is actually looking pretty impressive...we shall see how they turn out in the end.

Anyway, everyone else is doing great and I will post some pictures for eye candy...enjoy!

SLH (haze pheno)
super_lemon_3.JPG

SLH (kush pheno 1)
super_lemon_2.JPG

SLH (Kush 2)
super_lemon_1.JPG

CH9 Superhaze
super_haze1.JPG

Cheese Auto (w/flat stem mutation)
cheese_auto_1.JPG

Flat stem top
ca12.JPG

Cheese Auto (roadkill pheno)
chees_auto_2.JPG

Tent shot, almost the whole thing...
IMG_339110.JPG

and finally, some trichome production shots...these are all off the cheese autos...
IMG_34137.JPG
IMG_34075.JPG
IMG_34002.JPG

I hope everyone is doing good and staying lifted!
:Namaste:

Yea buddy!! Those are looking awesome, really pack n on the "crystals" hehehe..... Seriously though well done!:thumb: Hey have you ever seen bud growing from a fan leaf...? Only reason I ask is because your growing the same strain I have and saw it on, the Cheese! Here s a pic
image7735.jpeg

From what I ve read it s a mutant and has potential to be an EPIC plant, they suggest Reveg for years because of what it s gonna produce, but who knows....gonna look into clones from her when I Reveg that's for sure!

Hello anyone...sorry I have been kind of half assing this journal...I am pretty lazy really and have other shit that is way more important most days...I like to play with my 4 yo daughter and I am retired, so the garden gets about an hour a day and she gets the rest!

I have some pictures but they are still on my wife's camera so you will all just have to wait another day or 2 until I get them processed...her camera costs more than my grow setup so I let her do all that stuff...

Today was the day of days in the basement tent...My 3 Big Buddha Cheese Automatics cam down...we are at 10.5 weeks from first leaf...I know the packs say something like 60-75 days so I am happy with it. I could have left 1 of them up for another few days and one could have come down 4 days ago but I think we will have some nice flower and hopefully some beautiful hash as well...This will be the first round of strain specific flower I am using with my screens so this will be the real test for full melt dry sift hash...wish me luck and stay tuned for that show! I will process and photo journal the whole process right here...I mean, what else do we have to do right?

So anyway, 3 small autos are looking like maybe 1.5 oz on the little plant, 2 on the medium and maybe 3 on the larger girl...It definatley made some much needed sq footage in the tent, shit was getting crowded! The remaining tent looks like this: 1 GHS "Sweet Mango Auto" (she is so far behind...maybe go another 2-3 weeks? for a total of 14/15!!!), 2 Great Gardener "Rene", 3 GHS "Super Lemon Haze" (2 phenos both are now doing well...one is blowing the others away but still a decent showing [they had me worried for a few weeks]), 1 CH9 "Super Haze" (a real nice looking plant...and very aromatic, like spice and cedar/sandalwood etc...not perfume like some get, just really pungent and smells like a middle eastern spice bazaar)...and I also have 3 small clones I pinched off a week before flowering...they are in 1/2 gal pots just chilling and starting to flower too...the plan is to re-veg them in April and try them outside...maybe take a shit load of clones and pass them around the area for other medical growers...

Thats it for now...enjoy the ride!

no time to write...here are some pictures from 28 February...
IMG_34207.JPG

IMG_34198.JPG

IMG_34188.JPG

IMG_34174.JPG

IMG_34169.JPG

IMG_34154.JPG

IMG_34149.JPG

Is that last pix some type of Thai? Looks great.

The big plant on the right in the last picture is House of the Great Gardener "Rene"...the breeder lists it as Skunk #1 crossed with a Himalayan Indica...The original genetics came from someone Bubbleman knew from the mid/late 90's...he says it has some shishkaberry genetics (probably that Himalayan) and is "weed that gets you busted" regarding the terpene profile. I have another one that is a little smaller with a stockier structure...this one is out of control...I had to chop the top 18" off of 6 tops...I wish I didn't have to but otherwise it would have been over 8' tall and that just doesn't work inside! It is already tied up and bent over and still is 6' tall!

So again I apologize for being so flaky on the journal. I would like to give everyone a decent update...so here it goes.

We cut the 3 Big Buddha Cheese autos and hung them to dry. They have been drying in the basement (appx 50% rh) for 1 week (total grow time was 77 days) and I took them upstairs and trimmed them up, took them off the branches and they are now resting comfortably in paper bags and will stay in the closet for the next 10-20 days depending on what they feel like at the 10 day mark. While I was trimming today I thought they could have gone another week or so but hindsight is always 20/20 right? I will probably give them another shot...they grew nice, took plenty of nutrients, although they did indeed need some dialing in but nothing to advanced and overall were pleasant plants to grow, they looked nice and smelled amazing.
We ended up with appx 100 grams of top shelf flowers and another 100 grams of popcorn/small flower and trim...everything will dry for another 10-20 days (buds in paper bags, trim in open jars/ins to get really bone dry) and then flower goes into jars and the rest is processed into hash and edibles.

The remaining plants are all starting to swell and pack on the trichomes.
In particular, the CH9 Superhaze looks like a million bucks! Covered in crystals, all the way down the leaves and the buds are really starting to look amazing, its hard to explain, you just have to see it...
The Super Lemon Haze plants are doing good. We have 2 distinct phenos, one is very "kushy" and the other is growing like a true haze, with thin leaflets and long internodes. Of the 2 kush types, one is clearly outperforming the other. It almost looks like the smaller plant is a dwarf mutation. It just stopped growing at 2 feet tall and became a short little bush...the main cola even split and it looks like you cut the main bud off and left the next set down. The other kush pheno is really filling out and has an impressive main bud that should be about 10-15 grams dry in another few weeks when it finishes.
We are also following the 2 "Rene" plants. They look and smell similar, almost like seed clones... You can smell some fruit starting to come through the spice but it is still dominated by cedar and spice right now. They both are a super dark, almost black/green coloring with ultra bright white pistils...a nice contrast, very visually striking at this stage of growth.

So for finishing times and such we are here:
Rene says she will finish in 7-8 weeks
SLH should be 9-10 weeks
CH9 Super haze is right at "some phenotypes will finish in 8 weeks" for a description...

The plan is to let everything go to at least 10 days and maybe even 2 full weeks past the seed company suggestions...I will go even longer if things are interesting and still productive.

So that's it for now...I will try to get some pictures taken tonight before the lights come on...have a great day everyone!

Hello! I took some pictures last night, processed them and here they are...you can check my photo gallery for more but I just wanted to post the highlights here! These were all taken March 11 right before and as the lights came on...

IMG_34477.JPG

IMG_34468.JPG

IMG_344211.JPG

IMG_34417.JPG

IMG_344010.JPG

IMG_34375.JPG

IMG_34335.JPG

IMG_34326.JPG

IMG_34305.JPG

IMG_34297.JPG

IMG_34239.JPG

IMG_34226.JPG

enjoy!

I am so very sorry for neglecting this journal...I have (as I always am) super busy and other (more important) things have kept me from you wonderful people. I have a couple hours of silence and no child, no wife, no distractions so here you go...an update! I have my memory chip on the desk and will be doing a dry sift photo essay in the next hour or so and will upload the link when it is finished...so hopefully that makes up for my absence.

As for the girls downstairs, we are approaching lift off! I cut the sweet Mango Auto from GHS 2 weeks ago after letting go to something crazy like 100 days. It looks, smells and tastes amazing. Full flavor after a pre harvest branch was cut and smoked at 80 days. Still have the 3 SLH blooming like crazy, my 2 Rene girls are so huge and covered in white hairs still, no chance they are done at 8 weeks...looks like 11-12 weeks for them, and then the CH9 Superhaze...what to say about that beauty?...she has trichome covered flowers that just refuse to ripen! They are so covered in resin, you can not see green in places anymore...and it still have at least 7-10 days to go! Maybe even 14/20...who knows!

So I will attempt to get some updated pictures posted in the next 24 hours and I will post the dry sift picture set in this thread when finished! It was done with 100 grams of bone dry flowers and sugar trim and made some amazing, melty, flavorful hash!

Here is the dry sift photo essay...this was all made with the cheese autos from this current grow thread...so its only fitting I post it here!

Dry Sift: A Photo Essay

Quick update on my increasingly shoddy and neglected journal...

I had my 2 "Kush" phenos of Super Lemon Haze start to produce male flowers on the tips of most flowering sites so they got cut 7-10 days early at 10 weeks after the flip...not a huge loss in trichomes of weight, they were both within the "window" and have almost 90% cloudy heads with a small amount of clear and maybe 1% amber...I only plan on keeping the very best of these flowers and will process 75% of the material as hash, probably dry sift then bubble it all...

The remaining plants are all really swelling up and packing on the trichomes! I will attempt to get some updated photos tonight and maybe get them posted in the next few days. The last SLH and the CH9 Superhaze have finished any and all new growth and the Superhaze in particular is oh-so-frosty. Both of the Rene plants are still packing on the flowers and building some serious nuggets right now...I would say they have a minimum of 2 weeks to go, making them flower for a full 13-14 weeks...the SLH and Superhaze both look like another 7-10 days probably, maybe 5, but I will leave them for another full week probably...

We are currently at 11 full weeks from the flip and the seed companies would have me believe that the SLH finishes at 9-10 weeks, the Superhaze claims some phenos will finish at 8 weeks, and the Rene will be done around 7-8 weeks...needless to say, they are all so wrong! If the SLH I already cut had not started producing male flowers, she would go another week minimum and as I stated above, the Rene has AT LEAST 10 DAYS TO GO for a 13 week flower and the CH9 will finish at 12 with the other SLH that still lives.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a bit of advice to other growers out there...DO NOT CUT YOUR PLANTS BECAUSE THE SEED PACKAGE SAYS SO...when it says 9-10 weeks of flower, it means 9-10 weeks after flowering has really started, some people have called this "budset" in the past and it takes anywhere from 5-25 days for the plant to reach this point. Only after that point should you consider the plant "in flower" and you can start your day/week count then. So my SLH reached budset in about 10 days, the Rene took about 12-15 days and the Superhaze was set in 5 days.

Using this math we are fully in the window to harvest and all of these plants (except the Rene) could be cut and would be fire for most people right now. However, we are growing trichomes right now and want them to be full and bursting with cannabinoids at harvest.

I am still amazed that the Rene will go at least another 2 weeks for 11-12 weeks of flowering (13 from the flip)...pictures to follow in the next few days...have a wonderful day!

So we have a new batch of seeds started and thought I would share the info here first and create a new journal for them too…these will all be split indoor and outdoor seeds. I have a certain batch of “pheno hunting” seeds that are almost exclusively for outdoors as they are the seeds we created last year specifically for that purpose. We have a small group of plants that express themselves as a group with 4 specific phenos: “ red”, “green”, “gold chunk” and “wispy thai”. They all share a terpene profile that is very lemon skunk with some tropical scents/flavors and a slight to heavy “lemon cleaner” background. We just call it lemon skunk and know the differences based on bud structure and color. The best phenos are the “red” and “wispy thai”. When you smoke the “green”, you feel like you did a huge line of coke and it lasts about 2-3 hours! The gold chunk seems to get a bit angry and is not recommended for day to day smoke…maybe someone likes it but the wife and I are convinced it is the bottom of the pile.

So we started 10 seeds from the bottom of the outdoor jars from last year…all green, gold, red and wispy phenos combined. Some were seeded by our Black Widow male and then I suspect at least one of the moms had a couple male flowers. I am giving out about 30 seeds for other people to grow (legally and locally) so we can start locating specific varieties and people can breed with them…they finish at the end of September in New England so they are a dream come true for outdoor cultivating.

The other batch of seeds consist of import seeds: Super Skunk (Sensi), Nicole Kush (DNA), Purple Afghan Kush (Dinafem), OG 13 (G13 Labs), Flo OG (Rare Dankness [score from a dispensary bud!]), Auto Pineapple Express (G13 Labs) and Auto Chemdog (Auto Seeds). I am pretty excited about these seeds and they will all get a couple of clones taken off them (except the autos) and then they will get put outside and we will see how they perform. You never know what varieties will do good until you try them!

The split for “day time” vs “night time”, because that is how I split them…All we care about is what ones are usefull during the day while someone works and which ones are good for the evening and bedtime…obviously when the individual plants finish we can determine exactly where they fit on the spectrum of useful medicine. According to the seed companies…Super Skunk, Nicole Kush, Purple Afghan Kush, Pineapple Express and the Auto Chemdog all fall into the “nighttime” category…While the OG 13, and the Flo OG will be “day time” varieties…we shall see. The outdoor pheons I am growing are all day time phenos so we should have a nice mix at the end of the season. I will put the autos outside as soon as the weather permits, probably another month, maybe 3 weeks…

That will leave us with clones of everything getting flowered inside under the 1000w and I will hang my 400 beside the tent just so we can get some light on the mothers if needed at any time over the summer. All the import seeds will live as mothers for the summer outside in pots and we will take clones off them periodically and have a nice batch ready to flower again in the fall. They will give up 4 sets of clones right away (early May), 3 for indoor flower and the other for outdoor, in the ground experiments…I want to see what will finish outside in New England. Then around July they will get cut again, probably take 6 each and drop half of them right into flower inside before putting them moms (drastically cut down, repotted and ready) into flower in September…we will probably let them start flowering outside naturally then finish them in the tent in October/November.

That will put us flowering the 15 import clones and probably 5 of our domestic seeds as clones too, so a total of 20 clones inside under our 1000w from May 15 to August 1 (just to be safe on time...10 weeks)then an additional 15 under the lights as soon as the others finish, call it Aug 1-Oct 15 and then we bring the mothers inside to finish their cycle on or about 15 October...these dates can move up by about a week per batch so the earliest the moms come inside is October 1 and that should be fine. We have a greenhouse that will sustain about a dozen plants into November...

I have to go, my daughter needs me to read...pictures coming in about an hours...I promise!

So here are some photos from last night...

IMG_376613.JPG

IMG_376215.JPG

IMG_376110.JPG

IMG_37608.JPG

IMG_375811.JPG

IMG_375710.JPG

IMG_37556.JPG

IMG_375310.JPG

IMG_37519.JPG

Here are the import seeds we are popping for the newest cycle...
seed_selection.jpg

I m really enjoying your work buddy, esp your dry sift action! Might be looking for some screens right away here.... I ve been bagging and freezing my last 4 or 5 harvests worth of sugar leaves eventually for Bubble hash, but if I could dry sift then make a batch of b hash that would be awesome. I don't really like doing 2 nd and 3 Rd runs on the bubble hash anyway, seems to me it degrades after the initial run and you get green matter mixed in. Thanks for the detailed work, it's really useful and definitive!:high-five:

I m really enjoying your work buddy, esp your dry sift action! Might be looking for some screens right away here.... I ve been bagging and freezing my last 4 or 5 harvests worth of sugar leaves eventually for Bubble hash, but if I could dry sift then make a batch of b hash that would be awesome. I don't really like doing 2 nd and 3 Rd runs on the bubble hash anyway, seems to me it degrades after the initial run and you get green matter mixed in. Thanks for the detailed work, it's really useful and definitive!:high-five:

You can't use frozen trim for dry sifting...the condensation is an issue...but obviously you can bubble it all..if you want to start dry sifting, yo need to dry your material out well before you start...I like to hang full plants/branches for at least 30 days before sifting...I am going to try longer as I build up my materials. I have read stories of drying the plants for 3-4 months, sifting then curing the powder for 1-15 years before pressing it into hash...imagine that!?!? 15 years of waiting before pressing the hash?!?!

Yea I kinda figured you d need to dry the piss out of that material first, 30 days wow! I wonder if I spread out my trimn s on a screen and left it in warm room with a dehumidifyer running, that should dry it out decently hey!? So I went hunting for those screens and saw how expensive they are esp for the custom wood boxes all logo d up. I m pretty handy with wood so my next move is looking for the micron/lpi screen Material alone in the 4 essential sizes. This method is so intriguing to me, I'm just getting into the concentrates and extraction methods so I m relatively new too all this.... Very overwhelming but also the next logical path to take. 15 years of sitting on incredible product.... Dang I can hardly wait 15 days for weed to cure before I get all up in it! Hahaha. With that being said, this sifting method must be old ,tried ,tested and true..... I feel sooo far behind! Mind still blown..... 15 yrs wow. You'd think it would just cure up and RH would just vary over time going up and down with the environment, you can't tell me it's getting better and better over the yrs...?! Or am I out too lunch? Consider the change in genetics and potency over the last 15 yrs, man o man some strains have been doubled, tripled or more in potancy over that time and would alone blow your mind a month after harvest..... I just wanna try some of that hash just to know what I m missing, hahaha, you ve sparked the OCD in me now!
Good luck with those new seeds, they look like some epic strains man, can't wait to see what you do with em!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom