Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Unfortunately for us, the worst advice for growing can be found on pot forums. The total idiocy and adherence to false premises almost guarantees problems and definitely keeps true high quality produce out of reach.

I didn't learn about growing for high brix on a pot forum!

Here is a short list of stupid ideas that are holding soil growers back and insuring that substandard crops are the norm:

1.)pH the feed water! Total BS!!!! It takes a level of ignorance to fall for this one...unfortunately, most of us start off ignorant and then get it re-inforced by reading information here. Any time there is a problem, people immediately, like a bunch of magpies start saying, "looks like a pH problem, looks like a pH problem, waaaaaaaak! Looks like a pH problem......squaaaaaaaawk."

2.)Is there a problem? Flush, flush, flush!!!! Again, pure BS. The "problem" isn't due to lack of flushing, it's due to build up of salts and death of the micro-herd. Flushing just further depletes the soil, even it it does temporarily relieve some of the salt build up. Proper feeding requires no flushing!

3.)Closely related to the above is the dreaded "lockout." Sage growers, upon viewing a crappy garden with sickly plants are quick to opine that "it looks like lock out. Flush with pH "X" water, then keep flushing more, etc."

Total BS! Many times, "lockout" is merely the result of too much pH down being used, and the deficiencies associated with "lockout" are due to leeching from all the flushing!

Pot growers are like medieval barbers! No matter what problem the patient had, a bit of bloodletting would fix it......

Here's the reality:

Microbes adjust pH on the fly, all by themselves, all the time. Actually, you want "lockout" because then you can't burn your plants and the only food they get is what the microbes bring.....and they'll be lush and healthy! As long as the soil has the raw materials, a healthy microbial population will feed the plants far better than any number of bottles with rasta men, or bright colors and tatoo-like graphics.

I think what has happened is that hydroponics methods have been mixed in with soil growing technique. The two are totally different! What I'm saying above applies to soil growing only. Hydro is different, not better, not worse.....different.

:amen: brother! That post should be engraved somewhere for future generations of growers! Wait..I guess it kind of is! :rofl:
You convinced me to stop pHing more than a year ago when I switched over to OC+! :thumb: I think most of the problem is that most people grow in sterile soilless mediums, and quickly do everything in their power to kill off any beneficial microbes that might be trying to hang on...so they end up having to use these modified hydroponic techniques to keep them alive!

I view the mj forums like everything else on the internet...it's a bit of a mine field! There's good and bad, once you know enough, you can navigate through it safely!

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Finally got through your thread. Those are some fantastic growers, but with the organisms doing all that work all you have left to do is sing to them. lol

Count me in Vape. Sub'd

Cant hardly wait to see the next pics.

Glad to have you aboard! :thanks:

I do feel a little guilty sometimes...my biggest job, and one of the most important ones, is maintaining the best environment I can in the grow room. Unfortunately, that can also be the biggest challenge at times. But I will have my environmentally controlled rooms soon enough! :high-five:

I do fear if I sang too much to them, high Brix or not...they might not make it! :rofl:

:Namaste:

I hear what you're saying. My exposure to " high brix " was through a doc bout fruit and veg quality. It spoke about organic growing and getting back to what worked through natures balance. I then began my search for a community of common sense growers. So :amen:, you hit the nail on the head in that post. It should be funneled thru every soil grower's msg inbox. Best summary I've eva seen breaking down the myths that growers have kept in existence. :bravo::high-five: 1st class post !!

Keep it Growing Chronicly !!​

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

All right, Guilty as charged. I always adjust ph. I mix a weeks worth of BPN full organic line (6 part) and bubble it. The ph ends up going over 8 so I use apple cider vinegar to drop to between 6.5-7. I thought i was doing the right thing but you guys are saying to let it ride.
As a side note I do have dolomite lime in my soil mix.Soil and nutes all organic but not High Brix mix yet. Still trying to locate limestone without mail order. looking for field marking lime or possibly the crushed oyster shells. Next soil mixing due this weekend. may have to go 1 more round before getting to experience High Brix. Sure am trying though. I rotate 1/2 Flower closet out approx. every month so I I guess I wont have to wait to long. Anyway, Thanks for any thoughts on my PH issue.:peace:

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

All right, Guilty as charged. I always adjust ph. I mix a weeks worth of BPN full organic line (6 part) and bubble it. The ph ends up going over 8 so I use apple cider vinegar to drop to between 6.5-7. I thought i was doing the right thing but you guys are saying to let it ride.
As a side note I do have dolomite lime in my soil mix.Soil and nutes all organic but not High Brix mix yet. Still trying to locate limestone without mail order. looking for field marking lime or possibly the crushed oyster shells. Next soil mixing due this weekend. may have to go 1 more round before getting to experience High Brix. Sure am trying though. I rotate 1/2 Flower closet out approx. every month so I I guess I wont have to wait to long. Anyway, Thanks for any thoughts on my PH issue.:peace:

I'm not familiar with the BPN line, but if you're organic, your soil should have nutrients, etc. If you have to feed all the time, you're basically doing hyrdroponics in dirt. If BPN is mainly just salts, you might have a problem keeping your soil alive, but I don't know the line at all.

Just add some Azomite and Soft Rock Phosphate and things will improve.
Next, get yourself a good microbial tea and you've taken another step.
Use a large pot and you shouldn't have to worry about pH ever.

I'm not familiar with the BPN line, but if you're organic, your soil should have nutrients, etc. If you have to feed all the time, you're basically doing hyrdroponics in dirt. If BPN is mainly just salts, you might have a problem keeping your soil alive, but I don't know the line at all.

the Blue Plaint Nutes line is sponsor on here with a great quality nutes.Check them out.I don't use them yet, but have friends on here that use it with awesome results.

the Blue Plaint Nutes line is sponsor on here with a great quality nutes.Check them out.I don't use them yet, but have friends on here that use it with awesome results.

Well shoot! Awesome results?

You're probably better off ignoring what we do and just follow the directions on the bottle then. That's your path forward.

Thanks for the info, Should i also put some of the gypsum in my soil now. As far as BPN goes, when i talk to Corey, the owner he has me add blackstrap molasses to the bubbling mix to feed the microbes and also supplies a soil additive called Root Magic Mycorrhizae Biological Inoculum. Not Sure if this indicates quality of organics or not. I to am very impressed with the results so far but always looking to improve myself and if I can get to where less is more than that is always better. As always, Thank you very much for your patience and info.:peace:

Thanks for the info, Should i also put some of the gypsum in my soil now. As far as BPN goes, when i talk to Corey, the owner he has me add blackstrap molasses to the bubbling mix to feed the microbes and also supplies a soil additive called Root Magic Mycorrhizae Biological Inoculum. Not Sure if this indicates quality of organics or not. I to am very impressed with the results so far but always looking to improve myself and if I can get to where less is more than that is always better. As always, Thank you very much for your patience and info.:peace:

I think your best bet is probably in following the whole BPN protocol. They've formulated their product line to be a complete grower's solutions, so why not just do what they say and see how it comes out?

I took a brief glance at their website and looked a 2 or 3 of the organic products. I see no reason why you couldn't incorporate mineralized soil with those products.

i only have one question about bpn, on the web site it gives you one feeding schedule but on he bottle its a different schedule so i wondered if you can use both or best to use the online version as thats what im told to use, but the bottle version has an extra schedule added to it and the last 2 feed schedule on the bottle contains no grow but on the online shedule it says to still use it all the way to the end, just wondered why it was changed and if both work, and if they both work is the online version the best to use

i only have one question about bpn, on the web site it gives you one feeding schedule but on he bottle its a different schedule so i wondered if you can use both or best to use the online version as thats what im told to use, but the bottle version has an extra schedule added to it and the last 2 feed schedule on the bottle contains no grow but on the online shedule it says to still use it all the way to the end, just wondered why it was changed and if both work, and if they both work is the online version the best to use

I seem to remember the one on the website is the preferred schedule, but I'm not 100%...I would suggest you email or PM Corey and ask him about it...

:thumb:

Vapedogg- I'm looking for a vape for my mom who has lung cancer... can you make any recommendations? Or maybe just have her eat it instead?

tnks

Vapedogg- I'm looking for a vape for my mom who has lung cancer... can you make any recommendations? Or maybe just have her eat it instead?

tnks

got my dad a no2 he has same problem as your mom
i have a volcano he uses it when he stops by eating might be better best to have her try one first and if it affects her breathing just go with food stuffs.

Is BPN an organic product? All previous grows were hydro. Used Foxfarms products. Then I decided to use soil. Work'n towards fully organic.
:peace:

thanks for clearing that up about bpn, so the best method is the online method then, its just on the bottles the last 2 feeds in the schedule contain none of the grow bpn, but the online guide still have higher levels of the grow then any other of the bottles, so i take it the plants still need grow to stop the leaves turning yellow, i have been using the online method and not whats printed on the bottle but just wondered if the bottle version was better, ill drop corey a msg and see what he suggest,

Hey Vape how is that high brix ICE sog coming?? Hope all is well with you and yours :thumb:

Is BPN an organic product? All previous grows were hydro. Used Foxfarms products. Then I decided to use soil. Work'n towards fully organic.

They make organic & non-organic (synthetic) products! The 2-part bluemax & 3-part elite are non-organic, along with the Bloom booster.
The farmers pride line is organic

thanks for clearing that up about bpn, so the best method is the online method then, its just on the bottles the last 2 feeds in the schedule contain none of the grow bpn, but the online guide still have higher levels of the grow then any other of the bottles, so i take it the plants still need grow to stop the leaves turning yellow, i have been using the online method and not whats printed on the bottle but just wondered if the bottle version was better, ill drop corey a msg and see what he suggest,

He told me to follow the feed chart, not the bottles. Tapering off the Grow towards the end is to reduce Nitrogen, hence the yellow leaves like you mentioned. The Nitrogen keeps the leaves healthy and green, and full of chlorophyll, if you taper off at the end of flowering the plants leaves will yellow and die off, therefore getting rid of some unwanted chlorophyll. Some growers believe you will get a better final product because it is believed that chlorophyll plays a large role in how your buds taste/smoke

I've also read studies that found that supplying excess Nitrogen during flower can negatively affect your buds. They determined it slightly reduced yield and even lost some potency

Other growers believe that it is not necessary to taper off Nitrogen, especially if you are fully organic. Some will feed N right up to harvest with no complaints about taste/smoke.

I'm interested in how other growers go about this! Do you guys feed up to harvest? Or cut the N back completely? Or taper off N to half-strength?

They make organic & non-organic (synthetic) products! The 2-part bluemax & 3-part elite are non-organic, along with the Bloom booster.
The farmers pride line is organic

He told me to follow the feed chart, not the bottles. Tapering off the Grow towards the end is to reduce Nitrogen, hence the yellow leaves like you mentioned. The Nitrogen keeps the leaves healthy and green, and full of chlorophyll, if you taper off at the end of flowering the plants leaves will yellow and die off, therefore getting rid of some unwanted chlorophyll. Some growers believe you will get a better final product because it is believed that chlorophyll plays a large role in how your buds taste/smoke

I've also read studies that found that supplying excess Nitrogen during flower can negatively affect your buds. They determined it slightly reduced yield and even lost some potency

Other growers believe that it is not necessary to taper off Nitrogen, especially if you are fully organic. Some will feed N right up to harvest with no complaints about taste/smoke.

I'm interested in how other growers go about this! Do you guys feed up to harvest? Or cut the N back completely? Or taper off N to half-strength?

I'm pretty sure Vape will agree with this.....

I do not feed my plants anymore. I decided to let the professionals handle the task. They know far more about feeding plants than I do.

I'm talking about the nation of microbes, protazoa and funghi that live in my soil. I keep them happy and they do whatever the plant tells them to do.

Fan leaves on well fed plants seem to yellow and fall off at about week 4 of bloom. The sugar leaves stay green and healthy right up to the end, unless they change colors, which many strains will do.

The soil is full of everything...including nitrogen.

The whole decreased nitrogen thing and flushing is a way to mitigate over feeding in hydro-like mediums. No such problem exists in the world of High Brix. We have staff to handle all that.

Back
Top Bottom