Website Upgrade: New Features

True, but there's press and hold, select open in new tab, then switch to new tab. Nothing like Ctrl click!

Downsizing can be good, unfortunately with limits sometimes. It appears this may be one of them.

Thanks for your feedback to help us evolve though, hopefully it will manifest in the days to come.

Good afternoon.

I was just on the Members Page and saw a new listing called Established Members and when you click on it, it then shows one page of 20 members:

420 Mag - Established Members.jpg

So, I'm wondering what makes these 20 members "established" over the thousands of other members?

Hi, HG, glad to see you're still alive and kicking. It's poetically just set up to only display a set amount of users (or, possibly, it's a bug). Generally speaking, something like that would be a designation of a portion of the user base that has greater (or, at least, different) permissions. E.g., new members cannot send PMs other than to staff members, cannot vote in contests, et cetera.

I do not know if that's what it means here, but am guessing it is. Member has at least 50 posts and/or has attained some other milestone. I suppose length of time that a person has been a member could have something to do with it, although I've not seen mention of that as a requirement (but I've been away). Maybe there could even be a thing having to do with having successfully completed a grow journal. Actually, that would be kind of nice - not as a requirement for a thing, but some little badge(?) under their user name in their posts that kind of gave them a virtual pat on the back for accomplishing it. The journal threads are a big part of the forum, IMHO.

Hi, HG, glad to see you're still alive and kicking. It's poetically just set up to only display a set amount of users (or, possibly, it's a bug). Generally speaking, something like that would be a designation of a portion of the user base that has greater (or, at least, different) permissions. E.g., new members cannot send PMs other than to staff members, cannot vote in contests, et cetera.

I do not know if that's what it means here, but am guessing it is. Member has at least 50 posts and/or has attained some other milestone. I suppose length of time that a person has been a member could have something to do with it, although I've not seen mention of that as a requirement (but I've been away). Maybe there could even be a thing having to do with having successfully completed a grow journal. Actually, that would be kind of nice - not as a requirement for a thing, but some little badge(?) under their user name in their posts that kind of gave them a virtual pat on the back for accomplishing it. The journal threads are a big part of the forum, IMHO.

This is how I understand it. The reason for limited access for new members, that need over 50 post count to pm is so we have time to catch outside vendors trying to sneak in under new member status.

Oh ya, I am probably wrong. :rofl:

Tok..

That would be one of the reasons.

This is how I understand it. The reason for limited access for new members, that need over 50 post count to pm is so we have time to catch outside vendors trying to sneak in under new member status.

Oh ya, I am probably wrong. :rofl:

Tok..

It's mostly for spam prevention, as a majority of spammers won't take the time to create 50 posts that don't look like they are bumping their post count. It takes a lot of time and energy to create 50 posts that don't look like fake fluff posts, although we usually end up getting them in the long run anyway, even if they do.

@420, can we get a 'Mark as Read' added to the dropdown at the bottom this page.

It would mean getting notifications again without trying to play catch-up. If not, no worries... It just seems convenient.
@Marc Ocean can you please respond to this, I do not understand the question.

I do see a drop down at the bottom right of that page that allows you to select threads and enable email notifications, disable email notifications or stop watching the thread. Not sure how or why "mark as read" would be desired there and if it's something we should consider.

Maybe @Regrowth can be a little more specific and give us more reasoning as to why this would be a good feature.

We have this week introduced a bunch of new features for you.

Push Notifications
Go to your Preferences - Username (black menu bar at top of the page) > Preferences - where you can turn these on and off. Push Notifications will work for most browsers, however not on Apple's Safari or iOS.

Table Support
After many member requests, the ability to copy and paste a data table has been added, so this should please quite a few. You can c&p tables from most sources, including the web and Excel. Or you can use the BB code button for tables and choose the row/columns, then add data.

Emoji Enhancements
You can see the differences by clicking the smiley icon from the post menu - many more options. There's a search function too.

Post Reactions
There are now more options than just "Like".

Untitled.png

Content Bookmarks
Click your Username, (black menu bar at top of the page), and explore the new bookmarks feature.

URL Unfurling
If someone links to something, you can read meta data before clicking. It looks like this:

There are other goodies tucked away to discover and more to come.

We hope that the upgrades add to your experience on 420 Magazine.

Thanks are due to our Tech Team who work so hard, testing and implementing. :circle-of-love:
This right here is enough to make me happy! Yeah, it's 77° f where I'm at, lol

Screenshot_20211221-160537-542.png

@Marc Ocean can you please respond to this, I do not understand the question.

I do see a drop down at the bottom right of that page that allows you to select threads and enable email notifications, disable email notifications or stop watching the thread. Not sure how or why "mark as read" would be desired there and if it's something we should consider.

Maybe @Regrowth can be a little more specific and give us more reasoning as to why this would be a good feature.
I no longer get alerts in journals I've subscribed to because I've fallen behind and haven't had the chance to catch up. Ideally I would catch up with each one, but instead it's more convenient to mark those missed threads as read so that I can get notified about future posts. I believe the only other way to fix the broken notifications is to view the latest post in each thread I've missed manually. This would just be a lot easier. I appreciate the reply. Happy Holidays.

Instead of us custom programming for one person, how about trying this instead.

Settings > Preferences > Search Options > Persistent Alerts Emails Enabled

This will give you an alert every time someone replies to a thread you are subscribed to.

Thanks. I'm giving it a try. I kind of clued in too that just using the 'mark forums read' button on the 'new posts' page would've likely also solved my issue. Although neither solution are what I described I think this is good enough. Cheers.

Good afternoon.

Recently, I've been much more active on the website and consequently have hundreds of notifications every day. My screen shows 30 notifications at a time and for example, I had 264 notifications one day this week, which would put the first notification on Page 8. However, because the page numbers only show at the bottom of the page, I've been clicking on each page number individually up to page 8 so that I can use the Back button on the top of the page to progress through them.

What I would like is to be able to see the page numbers at the top and at the bottom of the notification screen. Is this possible?

Good afternoon.

Recently, I've been much more active on the website and consequently have hundreds of notifications every day. My screen shows 30 notifications at a time and for example, I had 264 notifications one day this week, which would put the first notification on Page 8. However, because the page numbers only show at the bottom of the page, I've been clicking on each page number individually up to page 8 so that I can use the Back button on the top of the page to progress through them.

What I would like is to be able to see the page numbers at the top and at the bottom of the notification screen. Is this possible?
Unfortunately, custom programming navigational breadcrumbs could turn into a nightmare, especially after every upgrade long term. I can ask @Marc Ocean to request the software developer to consider it, but that's as far as we can go at this time.

Back
Top Bottom