When do you perform major defoliation?

When do you do major defoliation?

• 1 day before flip

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THC Onlyfans

Hey guys and gals,

Ive done some defoliation in the past but never a major one like ive seen in some of the threads.
I mostly remove any fan leaves blocking budsites. I do plan on defoliating heavy before flip and after stretch on this one.

I am curious what the general public is doing these days. Feel free to share your techniques :) and dont forget to vote :)

Attachments

• 20200611_192055.jpg
    20200611_192055.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 20200611_171730.jpg
    20200611_171730.jpg
    1,000 KB · Views: 156
Hey THC Only! What’s up?

Nope can’t vote- my 2 cents and nobody else’s. I grow in soil so that my POV.

LITE to MEDIUM defol couple weeks before flip. Why? Fans are nute storage and she will eat her own fans up as she needs them. Mobile nutrients and all

Nice plant, this is a clone that was taken in flower, she’s monster cropped right?

That plant doesn’t need defol - it needs training to spread branches out, open up the center for air & light. I’d tie that gal up. Supercropping would work too I’m sure there’s a tutorial for both around here. How many gallons is that smart pot? If less than 7 gallon I’d be super sizing that mama jama before flip.

Hey THC Only! What’s up?

Nope can’t vote- my 2 cents and nobody else’s. I grow in soil so that my POV.

LITE to MEDIUM defol couple weeks before flip. Why? Fans are nute storage and she will eat her own fans up as she needs them. Mobile nutrients and all

Nice plant, this is a clone that was taken in flower, she’s monster cropped right?

That plant doesn’t need defol - it needs training to spread branches out, open up the center for air & light. I’d tie that gal up. Supercropping would work too I’m sure there’s a tutorial for both around here. How many gallons is that smart pot? If less than 7 gallon I’d be super sizing that mama jama before flip.
Whats up man! Ya light to mediun defoliation is what ive been doing but im going to test this one out and strip her bare. I quadlined and lst but my veg tent wont allow her to be any wider as plants in there need to share the limited space. I removed the ties when i transplanted to 5 gallon. This one was from seed, very slow and stuned start but fairly bushy now and her roots were thick and healthy when transplanted.

Can't vote. I don't defol.
Since I stopped doing it my grow weights improved.
Didn't tuck or expose budsites either on my last grow.
I'm not saying there aren't times when it is needed for airflow etc.
I'm an indoor grower and can manipulate the environment so I don't have to do it.
Just wondering about the " science " behind defol.
There was a discussion on my journal about it. We decided that a side by side clone comparison was the way to go.

I planned only only tucking leaves on this run, with that being said with how much foliage I have I’m thinking I might do a defoliation after the stretch.
Can't vote. I don't defol.
Since I stopped doing it my grow weights improved.
Didn't tuck or expose budsites either on my last grow.
I'm not saying there aren't times when it is needed for airflow etc.
I'm an indoor grower and can manipulate the environment so I don't have to do it.
Just wondering about the " science " behind defol.
There was a discussion on my journal about it. We decided that a side by side clone comparison was the way to go.

Very interesting that you guys dont do a major defoliation, I really thought everyone was doing it but doesnt seem like that so far. Anyway, i just went ham on the plant above and stripped her pretty heavily. Ill let her recover for a week and hopefully a spot in the flower tent opens up. I do have a couple clones ill try to test out

Its very brief. Hope to run a comparison to get more data to share.
Would be cool if a few growers could get together and share their findings.

I grow outside, in soil, in fabric pots. I never do a defoliation. I figure those big fan leaves are ther for a reason, like soaking up all that sun light that helps to make a good final product. At this time of year, when there’s the most amount of sun light, my plants are loving it. I’ve found that they really like direct sunlight and the sun doesn’t have any problem penetrating through the leaves. Somehow the sun is just the right distance from earth. It‘s really pretty amazing when you think about it.

When do I perform major defoliation? While trimming the harvest, lol.

I grow outside, in soil, in fabric pots. I never do a defoliation. I figure those big fan leaves are ther for a reason, like soaking up all that sun light that helps to make a good final product. At this time of year, when there’s the most amount of sun light, my plants are loving it. I’ve found that they really like direct sunlight and the sun doesn’t have any problem penetrating through the leaves. Somehow the sun is just the right distance from earth. It‘s really pretty amazing when you think about it.

Wish i could grow outside but id be lugging from basement to my deck daily lol. I can imagine the light penetration outside would be awesome...i do take em out sometimes but only 1 at a time during veg

but id be lugging from basement to my deck daily

Once my plants go outside, they stay outside. I put them on our covered back patio at night with a fan blowing on them.

I like to lollipop the plant a little bit before I flip, but other then that I just train my plants and tuck leaves. The only exception to this is if the growth is so crazy on the inside that I’m concerned about mold or PM then I will trim up the inside a little bit. But training the plant properly and providing adequate airflow prevents that situation from occurring.

I like to lollipop the plant a little bit before I flip, but other then that I just train my plants and tuck leaves. The only exception to this is if the growth is so crazy on the inside that I’m concerned about mold or PM then I will trim up the inside a little bit. But training the plant properly and providing adequate airflow prevents that situation from occurring.

^^^THIS^^^

Aside from that, well... I haven't seen anyone rip half the solar cells off their roof in hopes that it would somehow provide more electricity to their home, or tearing leaves off their tomato plant because they thought it would cause their tomatoes to be bigger.

But... Stoners.

I did a defol/Loli pop right after stretch, just once throughout the grow I've done mostly leaf tucking though. I'd be interested in seeing a side by side comparison as well, especially for the lower buds I imagine our techniques would also change based on light provided as Blurples don't have nearly as much light penentration as some other lights so I'd think more tidying up would be needed - in theory.

Back
Top Bottom