White Widow, Bubble Gum, Purple Haze Grow Tubs LST CFL

High Mardo, girls looking amazing. One pointer I would give you though for next time if you choose to LST would be to bend them more. I'll have to take some pictures of my stems and post them to show you what I mean. When I was LSTing, I just bent the tops right to the rim of the pot.

O really.. I must admit I was kind of scared to go too crazy with the bends. Now you get to watch and giggle as I try to keep the bastards in control

Mardo, you can get quite agressive on the LST, BUT before you go too crazy, make sure you set a "counterpoint" for the LST.

In other words, make sure you secure the plant to a tie-down point at a lower position on the plant, then tie your LST to a higher point and pull in the opposite direction of the lower tie-down. This way, you don't have to worry about uprooting the plant when you get agressive with the LST.

You may be able to see what I did here:

2011-01-24_AK1_01.jpg

:goodluck:

updates.

Girls have been moved into flower. I went heavy with 2700k but kept around a few 6500k into the mix.I also made some changes to the tubs to accommodate for vertical growth. From base of soil to top of lights I am clear to grow 22 inches. Now I just have to keep them under control with LST...

If there was an award for best low cost box...

That bottom picture just inspires the shit out of me man! I want to get a few buckets, couple yards of mylar, and go to town. Did you ever polish your duct work reflectors?

Mixing lights... This in my first primarily CFL grow , but I usually keep a few 6500k CFL or tube fluorescents around my perimeter for vegetative growth support. Don't know that it is the right thing to do, but the girls haven't complained yet! on my current grow I am gonna change all the bulbs in the fixture I made to 2700k, but the 24" T5 side lights will retain one blue bulb and get one red bulb each. About to got hang the second one!

The rule I was explained when using CFL to flower was for every 2 2700k have 1 6500k.

Im not saying other setups are incorrect. This was advice I followed from my last thread. it seemed to do the job.

At the moment I have 12 CFL's per tub. Currently have 4 6500k in the mix.

For Flower

Light Output: 2800 Lumens
Energy Used: 42 Watts
Rated Life: 10,000 Hours
Volts: 120
Incandescent Equal: 150 Watts
Base: E26 - Medium Screw (standard household base)
Length: 7.3 Inches
Diameter: 2.75 Inches
Color Temperature: 2700
CRI: 82
Bulb Type: CFL Spiral

For Veg

Light Output: 1800 Lumens
Energy Used: 26 Watts
Rated Life: 10,000 Hours
Volts: 120
Incandescent Equal: 100 Watts
Base: E26 - Medium Screw (standard household base)
Length: 4.75 Inches
Diameter: 2.5 Inches
Color Temperature: 6500
CRI: 80
Bulb Type: CFL

Hey mardo just so you know your light hood is the inspiration and base design of my new reflector. It houses two 150w hps instead of cfl. I got the whole setup for $64.00. Very happy so far.

Thats awesome to hear. So many things in my head I never know if they are useful to someone. Im happy to assist another (diy) fellow. Never let the Macgyver in you die.

Re: If there was an award for best low cost box...

Did you ever polish your duct work reflectors?

Its on the list.. I always have a never ending to do list since I started growing the herb.. I think you can relate lol

Back
Top Bottom