White Widow Max HomeBox Grow 2009!

FYI - you always want to pull air through a carbon filter - not push it

I'm not sure about your spray device but I'd be wary of adding perfumes or spritzing other chemicals onto or around your plants. This probably doesn't matter much in veg, but most of the odor occurs during flowering.

One of the benefits of home growing is you can control what you're smoking

hey thanks for the info Soniq420! All i know is my exhaust doesn't have the power to get air through the filter one way or the other. I took my whole set up down to try and get the filter installed and it just kept backing up the heat into the grow chamber. The one thing I though of was this: The filter had a 4 inch connection piece. MY fan is a 6 inch fan. I bought a converter, from a 4 to 6 inch, do you think the converter messed up the flow? Would it be more efficient if I had a 4 inch exhaust fan going to the 4 inch filter? I would think that the larger fan would create more suction. I am stumped, but I have a few weeks to get it sorted out.

Also I just installed the Ozium sprayer across from the set up, and the set up is enclosed so the contact between the plants and spray should be minimal to none. I am hoping to just use it as a temporary solution!

As always any thoughts advice or comments are greatly appreciated!

yea I dont have the room to put any bigger equipment in this set up. I forgot to mention that when i posted last, that is why I was asking if anyone had any ideas or if they knew about the duct work reducing air flow. I also had the smallest filter the company made, so it just didnt make sense to me. Honestly it is probably just my luck and I got a bad filter, because the next two items I bought in general were messed up. I bought some hair clippers that were missing the metal piece that made the clippers move, and then i bought an office chair that was missing the wheels right out of the box... o well

O now i have noticed that the second WWm is deformed, I dont know why, it just is, ill post some pictures at some point...

Its a good thing you did not but something important like a heart-lung machine...or something..

Hey wrx420 looking good so far. I like your setup and I hope you get your temps under control. I got the same WWM seeds I also got the afghan and the free seeds. They seem to be a lot shorter and bushier than my other grow but look pretty healthy as do yours. Mine sprouted on 7/7. I'm psyched to see how these turn out and will be watching your grow. Good luck and if there is anything I can help with let me know.

-Sol

Hello and happy 420!

Its been a while since my last post! Thank you for the rep and comments! Poker it is def a good thing I didn't buy a heart and lung machine because it would have broke and I would have lost the receipt for sure!!!

So lots has happened, I mentioned that one of the WWM plants was deformed, and I trimmed off the funny leaves and put "her" in some fresh soil.

I had started all of the plants on a weak nutrient solution last time I had posted and now they are all on the full doses, and doing lovely!

After the transplant and the trim job on the deformed WWM it came back with a vengeance! It is still slightly deformed, one side is slightly larger than the other, and the shoots are not coming out at the same spots, rather they are staggered and have some open areas.

I think the UK strain is a male. I have a few close up pictures, and I think I see a nub, the start of some ball sacks, and I believe that the WWMs are both female.

here is the nub...
UK strain
rsz_grow_019.jpg

and an other shot
rsz_grow_020.jpg

Someone had put a post up with pictures of female and male pants, I cant find the link so if anyone has it that would be sweet! Or if these pictures are are good enough for someone to make a positive ID on a male then that works as well....ugh sry i ramble...

ok here are some more pics
greenery from the big WWM
rsz_grow_025.jpg

all the plants are droopy because its watering day! I think it has been 2 days since they last got water.

here is the deformed WWM, you can still see one side is larger than the other, but she has grown super hearty and she has a super stinky smell but not as strong as the big WWM.
rsz_grow_028.jpg

here is an other shot of "her"
rsz_grow_032.jpg

This is the biggest WWM, I have named "her" Stinky because she smells, its mouth watering!
rsz_grow_036.jpg

the deformed WWM next to a ruler! is that 10 inches? sweet!
rsz_grow_045.jpg

here is "stinky"
rsz_grow_048.jpg

and last the possible male

rsz_grow_055.jpg

I do have a small mite infestation, i noticed 2 holes in leaves yesterday, I am going to get some spray today.

Also, I would like some advice on trimming. How much do I need to cut back and from where? Do i cut stems off or just the leaves? I also wanted to ask about the foliage spray feeding. I feel like I am forgetting something, so im sure ill be posting some more questions soon!

Your ladies are looking good man. Nice and healthy. I see the little nubs you are talking about and I've never seen them that small but here is the link you were looking for what are preflowers. As far as trimming goes, some people do it and some don't. What is your primary reason for doing so? If you're wanting more new growth, bush style, then LST them. Through recomendation from Ms.Fox, I didn't prune anything, just a half assed attempt at LST. If you want a pic tutorial on LST, look into Tunes420 journal if you haven't already. I did mine later than that but was a little concerned with the thickness of the stalk so I didn't work it too much.

Hey WRX420........I drive a WRX 2002 rally pearl blue. :Rasta:

O sweet! thanks for the rep and comments!

So everything has been going fine until today. Sadly the heat came with a vengeance. My frozen water bottles were no match for the heat and my poor babies are now wilted. I am not worried because they only lost a little bit of color on the bottom leaves, and also because I took my happy ass out and bought an AC unit!!!

I would post pics of the wilted plants but they make me so sad, so I will wait to post more pics once they perk back up!

I am still interested to learn pore about trimming.

Also, how do i make the plant stop growing?

Alright its been a while since my last post!

I will upload some pictures in a little bit, but I need to go get some food first!

The plants survived the heat! They are all very well! Super bush and green! They are loving my nutrient lvls and they SMELL SO good!

I am about to start flowering them because they are about to out grow my space if I dont!

I bought a new light bulb for flowering and I am super excited!

Ill be back asap and post a bunch of pics!

very nice i had a feeling with your name and all......... lol anyway its the best, most fun car ive ever had..........if the engine ever goes bad ill put one of those new 300 hp babys in there if it will fit LOL yyeeeeeehaaaawwwwww
:Rasta:

I promised some pictures!

Here they are!

here is stinky in all "her" glory!

rsz_new_007.jpg

mmmmm!
rsz_new_008.jpg

Here is a lower section! looks just like the top! O see that yellow thing in the corner! Its a model of the WRX sonic yellow ftw!

rsz_new_014.jpg

a leaf...

rsz_new_020.jpg

Here are all 3 under the new Light! It is a 250watt High Pressure Sodium, and has more of the red spectrum in it for flowering! Im going to fool around with the camera and see if i can get some cool shots! this light is rad!

Stinky is in the back left.. the deformed WWM is in the back right and the UK strain is the on in the front! Super bushy! I'm loving it!
rsz_new_024.jpg

an other...
rsz_new_034.jpg

one more!

rsz_new_028.jpg

please let me know what you think! Any suggestions! Comments! Even if you just want to tell me I smell funny! I'm all ears!

Also I finally put the bamboo stakes in to support the plants. These pictures are a day or 2 old, and I swear that the plants are growing like weeds every day....wait a min.... :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom