Winter Outdoor Grow 2009/2010

This is fascinating - do you expect them to start flowering right away when they go outside?

I would think the Full Moon 1 should start to flower right away, it was already showing some female preflowers, The others I am not too sure about they where starting to show signs of sex but too early to tell what they are. Since this is all new to me and I do not know how the colder weather will affect them, its really a mystery to me as to when and if they will start to flower. We will see and fingers are crossed. Thanks so much for the comments and stopping in....

Great update sonzor, looking good. It's interesting to watch your girls as temps drop, to see how it affects them.

Great job.

+reps now that I can.

Yes, its a lot of fun, I don't think we will get too much of any nights lower than the mid to high 40s so I think if plants hang in there at this temp they will do fine. The only other worry is if and when they do start to bud, is the rain. We don't get much but they do say its a el nino winter so we might get more than usual, We will see. Thanks so much for stopping in and your comments are always appreciated....

sonzor bro your full moon and your papayas just exploded O_O
nice job
hope those babies grow like wildfire

Thanks blacken, now is the real test we will see how it goes, thanks so much for stopping in and you comments

Hi sonzor

This will be interesting to say the least. Glad you have some indoor backups just in case.

We are all about to see just how hardy these wonderful plants really are. :grinjoint:

Actually thanks for trying it, lot of us are interested in this grow.:thanks:

Hi sonzor

This will be interesting to say the least. Glad you have some indoor backups just in case.

We are all about to see just how hardy these wonderful plants really are. :grinjoint:

Actually thanks for trying it, lot of us are interested in this grow.:thanks:

Looks promising so far. The clones that where put in the ground a week or so had very little roots and just a couple of leave. They were put in a part of my garden that does not get sun until around 12:00 and is in shadow by 3:00 and they seem to be growing fine. But a long way to go.. Got to get some buds growing... Thanks for stopping in and your comments

Full moon and the Papaya are still my fav. Looking good hope they do well:popcorn: Nice to see them enjoying that warm sun.

Me to siscokid, The papaya cause it is just so easy to grow and the Full Moon cause it is such a great plant and the smoke is my favorite by far. Thanks for your comments and stopping in....

thanks for the update sonzor!

I'm very interested in this grow because winter temps here get a bit colder than where you're at, but frost is very rare.

I would expect growth to be slower in colder temps, but can't wait to see what happens!

Me too, cant wait to see what happens either. I would expect slow growth also, do not think I will get any monster plants. My hope is for some nice, dark cold weather buds. One can only hope and we will see. Its just a lot of fun waiting so see what happens. Thanks so much for stopping in and your comments are always appreciated...

Great looking plants man, had their rougsh but seem to be pulling nicely through

Thanks Stakkur, they are packing on some growth now. Thanks for stopping in and you comments...

Plant update 12-18-09

Ok, I got 5 plants in the ground, I put four outside on Monday and One, the Mystery plant on Thursday. The Mystery plant looks a little droopy after her first night in the ground but all the rest seem to be doing just fine.

The soil mix I used for the bottom third of there new home:
Oganic Soil Mix:
— Miracle grow organic. for base (its all if had)
— Black Gold Catus Mix (Pumice, Forest Humus, worm castings, compost)
— Worm Castings
— Home Made Compost
— Bone Meal 3/15/0
— Blood Meal 13/0/0
— Garden Lime
— Indonesian Bat Guano 0.5/12/02
— Perlite

Mixed all ingredients together, added Compost Tea and mixed again in a large tub. Put top on it and let it cook in the sun for a week or so.

I dug out the holes of all old dirt and filled the hole 3 quarters full with the new soil mix. Mixed in a little worm casting and bat guano into the soil I removed from the hole which happened to be full of nice healthy worms and it was a nice black color so I know its nice and healthy soil and filled the hole back in.

Plants where put into holes and topped with 2 to 3 inches of compost to keep them nice and warm, kinda like a ganga blanket.

Not sure how this is all going to work out. But what the heck going to give it a shot.

I will not be adding any other food for the plants except for my teas every other weak or so. We will see how the plants do. Things may change however, since I have no idea what is going to happen. Everything I have read and researched so far say this grow will fail so we will see at least I got some nice clones out of it..

Plants have not been sexed so chances are I am going to lose a few. Well not lose, males will be pulled and repotted and put in a safe place so I can use them to pollenate for seeds.

Anyway take a look, plants look pretty good, just waiting to see some flowers develop. Wishful thinking, fingers a crossed.

Full Moon 1 side view
fm1_12_18_09_side.jpg

Full Moon 1 top view
fm1_12_18_09_top.jpg

Full Moon 2 side view
fm2_12_18_09_side.jpg

Full Moon 2 top view
fm2_12_18_09_top.jpg

Mystery First night in the ground, looking a little droopy. Fingers crossed she will recover.
mystery1_12_18_09.jpg

Papaya 1
papaya1_12_18_09.jpg

Papaya 2
papaya2_12_18_09.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping in and any and all comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Looks great sonzor, I really like the way the fresh green tops pop out of those pics. Your plants are looking super healthy.:goodjob::nicethread:

hi mate...im loving those plants of yours......nice fat bushy plants ....just the way i like em ha ha...you really have done yourself proud mate...they are gonna be fantastic when there all grown up lol....nice growing mate +reps for all the bud sites your gonna have..........be lucky weedtastic :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom