Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

Subbed!!!! Wish I didnt have to type with a PS3 controller !!!:yahoo:

Either way, glad to have you brother! :thumb:

You bring a positivity that I really enjoy. :welcome:

Subbed! Now where's that damned rolling paper I just had? :goodluck:

:) I was just wondering the same thing about my sandwich... ;)

I miss joints -- I'm pretty much a vaporizer guy these days, but once in a while it's fun to smoke a "J" or two or three...

:welcome: Jozo-sha! Glad to have you back brother, truly! :thumb:

XLR8...... check out my grow..... now check out yours..... anything familiar??? lol were both using the FLO N GRO in a GL80L... thats so funny... because the GL80L is way too small for a FLO N GRO to use its full potential. but good choice doing only 4 buckets. I used 9 and its a crowd in there. a very lovely crowd. You're gonna love that system brother. Im SUBBED!! :popcorn::popcorn::cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Magic Beans -

Just subbed to your grow - it will be interesting watching you fill that up - I can't believe you fit 9 in there! Looks great so far, btw. I have mine configured to do up to 6 and I may still do that. Can't wait to see how yours works out with 9 - I'd love to see you just fill that sucker to the brim by the end of flowering.

Right now, I'm leaning toward 4 and letting them stretch out a bit more maybe -- we'll see.

You're right, the Flo N Gro is a bit much for the smaller tent, which is why I ended up going the route of buying the expansion kit, controller, and then made my own smaller reservoir, etc., which I have outside the tent. Should work okay in the end I think - we'll see! ;)

:thanks: for subbing to my journal - glad to have you aboard! :thumb:

Oh and since this is your first go at the ebb n grow style; a fill schedule that works for me, so it should probably work well for you, seeing as youre using the same system, is: FILL every 2.5 hours for 15 minutes, beginning right at lights on thru lights off on an 18 6 light cycle. switching to Flower, keep it the same, except fill only 4 times during the day, and once, about halfway through the night. im sure other fill and drain methods will work but if you look at my journal, you see that this is working wonders. Anyways cant wait to see this one!

Thanks for the input on this - super helpful to me as I still hadn't landed on a good plan. Thanks for sharing this my friend! :high-five:

Here's a picture of how I have the lights configured now (The T5 is just in there for the moment to help get the seedlings going).:

(2) 400w lamps/reflectors with their own cooling fan. The ballasts are outside of the tent to help keep heat down. There is a 400cfm fan on a speedster controller that keeps them cool, and pulls air from outside the tent, and exhausts into a different room outside the tent. Separately, there is a 200 cfm fan with Phresh filter on it's own in the tent to take care of residual heat and odor issues. Here's how I have the lights set-up:
lights33.jpg

Here's the babies - the Lavender lost one of it's cotyledons (my fault - long story), but I'm hoping it comes through okay. Top row (left to right) Lucy, Lucy, Magic Bud. Bottom row (l to r) Skywalker, Skywalker, Lavender:
bubble_tub.jpg

Ooooooo this is gonna be great!! Lil ladies looking good... Go with the 6 pot plan dont waste any of those seeds you never know when that special one comes around or who she is...

:welcome: Social! Pull up a chair, and I'll pass the bong... :bong:

Hi Xlr8,

Just found this, I brought my own chair, but I'll definatey hit that bong when it gets to me if you don't mind.

Can't wait to see how this grow goes. Good Luck, I'll be watching...:thumb:

What's Undercurrent Hydro? Please explain

Ooooooo this is gonna be great!! Lil ladies looking good... Go with the 6 pot plan dont waste any of those seeds you never know when that special one comes around or who she is...

Probably right, MB. I just can't seem to get rid of viable plants/seeds... We'll see what happens. ;)

nice start xl . sure il hit the bong . ul do great with the rez outside the tent nutes will stay cooler :roorrip:

Hey Social -

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. It stays fairly cool where the rez will be, especially in the winter (67f or so). Plus, I'm thinking that it might be one advantage of the Flo N Gro system versus DWC. In DWC res. temps are really critical for good plant health - I'm guessing it's not quite as critical with this style of Flood/Drain hydro method (but it sure can't hurt!). Also solves problem of creating more space inside the tent. :)

Hi Xlr8,

Just found this, I brought my own chair, but I'll definatey hit that bong when it gets to me if you don't mind.

Can't wait to see how this grow goes. Good Luck, I'll be watching...:thumb:

What's Undercurrent Hydro? Please explain

Sqwheels!!

Nice to have you here my dear. I'll pass you the bong no problemo. You can be in charge of the bong, in fact. I'll be the guy sitting here in front of the TV with the vaporizer, and the big grin on my face. :)

Okay, Under current is a form of Deep Water Culture growing (DWC). Each individual plant site has a bubble-stone in it to keep the water in the grow bucket highly oxygenated. In addition, all the buckets are connected to one another and run back to a control bucket/reservoir. A steady current of water passes through all the buckets of water, back to the reservoir, and through the buckets again. Here's a cool video that shows one in action:

Wow, I've seen that vid before, but it just hit me how efficient that system must actually be. Power consumtion must be pretty minimal. The gravity of the water filling the res, and being pushed out the bottom, must really ease the pump's work load. Also helps add aerration. I'm just not clear on how it helps reduce the frequency of the nute changeouts...

Also, and I apologize for not remembering because I know you've talked about this before, but what is the difference between this and the Flow-n-Grow you'll be using?

Wow, I've seen that vid before, but it just hit me how efficient that system must actually be. Power consumtion must be pretty minimal. The gravity of the water filling the res, and being pushed out the bottom, must really ease the pump's work load. Also helps add aerration. I'm just not clear on how it helps reduce the frequency of the nute changeouts...

Also, and I apologize for not remembering because I know you've talked about this before, but what is the difference between this and the Flow-n-Grow you'll be using?

Hi Quix - Good question! The Flo N Grow, is a flood and drain hydro system with buckets. Every so often, the roots get "flooded" by a controller and then the nutrients are slowly drained back out of the buckets and back into the reservoir. This process is usually repeated several times throughout the day (buckets get flooded, and then water drains back to reservoir). A system like the under current has the roots constantly in water, but because it's so highly oxygenated, the roots can just live in the water all the time.

I knew that bro, I just wanted your other viewers to know it.....Lol

Kidding....Is your res constantly oxygenated?

Great question. Not by nature, but I'm planning on putting an airstone in there I think. (Though I know Mr. Smith recommends not doing that I think, and he really knows how to do this type of grow). Really knows. Mr. Smith can flat out grow. I might have to pick his brain more on this one.

Some other growers, and even the engineer who designed this version for Titan recommended putting an airstone in there. So, I'm probably going to try both ways. I believe Mr. Smith found greater PH fluctuations by aerating reservoir? Something like that - I'll look into it more before I get the thing going for real in the next couple of weeks...

Good question!

Cool!

I got some BPN sent to me cause of the July Plant of the Month contest/N.W. Green, so I am interested in seeing how everyone does with the same stuff I have. All my grows for this season are winding down now, so I probably won't be using my supply until next spring.

This gives me plenty of time to check out how you and others with the brand are finding it compared to other brands etc.

I'm subscribed! :thumb:

Cool!

I got some BPN sent to me cause of the July Plant of the Month contest/N.W. Green, so I am interested in seeing how everyone does with the same stuff I have. All my grows for this season are winding down now, so I probably won't be using my supply until next spring.

This gives me plenty of time to check out how you and others with the brand are finding it compared to other brands etc.

I'm subscribed! :thumb:

Awesome GG7 --

Congrats on that beautiful Blue Cheese beauty you had, too. Cool that NW Green gave you the nutes, but that plant was a winner in my eyes, too. I took 3rd I think going a different route with an auto-flower, but I was way behind you two... :)

:welcome: and thanks for subbing to my grow. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom