Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

I don't and will never journal all my grows. I only started journalling again because of my diy tests and trying grows that are unique or new to me. I got one more project that I wish to journal after the darkstar project then I am done and my grows become private again.
I know how tough it is to keep a journal. I'm cutting back to a single journal next grow. I hope you decide to stick around and share your experience with the rest of the members. It's how I learned to grow and I'm sure that several of the members here have gained knowledge from following your grows.

I double concur!:circle-of-love:

I say if you don't know if you should take a break, you should take a break. Take it easy for a few. You had a great grow this last run. Take a load off, and hey, if you change your mind, start takin pics and give us a holler. I, for one, would come-a runnin' just post the new link here, and we'll all get it.! Be well, my friend. I would say to go smoke some Lucy, but I know that's already gone!:high-five:

Oh, hey! Check out my sig. Somethin' for you to watch... if'n ya wanna.

Thanks for the input, Jandre. I dig your custom flowering box and will continue to follow with interest! :thumb:

You misunderstand. I am not the kind of guy that does constant repeat journals under a different strain name. I been there, I done that, it got old. I have the most fun when I do something new, something different. When growing becomes routine there is a loss of excitement and pride in your grow. I've had my ups and downs, been at it for over 8 years. These days I just wish to go forward learning the most I can off personal experience and new technology.

Thanks for the input, Jandre. I dig your custom flowering box and will continue to follow with interest! :thumb:

Interesting choice of words, there. I've gone from DIY Cardboard to "Custom". I like it very much, thank you. It's like the difference in a shake-n-shoot paintjob and an OCCustoms work of art?

You misunderstand. I am not the kind of guy that does constant repeat journals under a different strain name. I been there, I done that, it got old. I have the most fun when I do something new, something different. When growing becomes routine there is a loss of excitement and pride in your grow. I've had my ups and downs, been at it for over 8 years. These days I just wish to go forward learning the most I can off personal experience and new technology.
I totally understand that. I try something new every grow. Looking for the next tweak to maximize yield etc... I think once I get everything dialed in to my liking and determine on one style of grow, my journal days are done too.

I don't think that will happen anytime soon though, I have a lot of experiments bouncing around in my head.

I'd also love any tips on presoaking the coco. I bought a coir brick and I need to soak it. My plan was to soak it in RO water with Cal Mag + to break up the brick and pre-charge it with some Cal Mag + to help balance out the extra potassium in the Coco -- I'm also considering a very light nutrient solution with the Cal Mag for presoaking. I know Coco has it's own quirks, so I'm trying to figure out a good plan for keeping some little moms in Coco. I'm also trying to decide whether to keep them in 1 or 2 gallon smart pots... I already have the 2 gal.
With coir, smaller pots work well. I keep small donor plants in 2 liter square pots, with conventional solid sides so that each feeding floods through. Water-only often, and less intense light regulate steady growth rate.
I hydrate the block, then fill pots, then flush a bit with more tap, then transplant into, then fertigate/flush with working solution. Low ppms is OK.

I think casual, non-obsessive treatment of coco coir is key to success.
With basic, simple DTW, worry only about air and light on foliage & blooms ;)

Hey XL, hope all is going well!

kind regards

With coir, smaller pots work well. I keep small donor plants in 2 liter square pots, with conventional solid sides so that each feeding floods through. Water-only often, and less intense light regulate steady growth rate.
I hydrate the block, then fill pots, then flush a bit with more tap, then transplant into, then fertigate/flush with working solution. Low ppms is OK.

I think casual, non-obsessive treatment of coco coir is key to success.
With basic, simple DTW, worry only about air and light on foliage & blooms ;)

Thanks Propa - I appreciate the input. I know you are a coir guy, so I was hoping you'd chime in. :thanks:

I did pretty much what you suggested, but I put about 5ml per gallon of cal/mag in with the water that I used to hydrate the block and flush it with. Also a small amount of superthrive as well. She seems to be just fine with it so far, but I need to water her more than I thought. Dries out pretty quickly. I also put a small layer of hydroton on the bottom of the pot, and covering the top. Seemed like a good idea anyway!

+ rep for the input and advice. :high-five:

I'd like to get some knowledge and experience and do some experimenting with coco coir for the Flo N Gro perhaps... Interesting stuff if I can get the hang of it!

Xlr-- Sorry to hear you're not feeling well but I know how that is, I have a few health issues myself that I got to deal with. And welcome to the world of coco. Propa got me into it and I am glad I did. I am still learning about it but I definitely like it better than soil.

I don't and will never journal all my grows. I only started journalling again because of my diy tests and trying grows that are unique or new to me. I got one more project that I wish to journal after the darkstar project then I am done and my grows become private again.

Hey buddy!

Yeah, I journaled my first grow (poorly) and then didn't journal my next 3-4 grows. I journaled the last few to give a better showing of what I've learned.

I also found myself referring to my first journal and wishing I'd have journaled better for my own future reference. So, part of journaling again was to help me better manage future grows. But, I'm in a different spot with my learning and don't need that so much anymore.

I'm going to put journaling on hold for now, but might start a new thread or two eventually if I feel I can contribute something. I like the idea of spending more time in other peoples threads/journals as well. Of course one of my favorites, definitely, is your Darkstar project journal. :thumb:

I have been using coco/perlite (~75/25%) for my moms and clones. I just use tap water to hydrate it and get it mixed with the perlite. I make a very soupy mix of the stuff and then when I put it into the pots it packs itself down as it drains. You want it to be fairly well pack in to the pot, I use the perlite to make sure it is aerated a little.

I feed the moms the BPN 2-part at the early veg ratio with some Cal/Mag mixed in RO water and that's it. They are loving it, I've had them in this setup for several months. I am using 4 inch PVC hempy tubes to keep the moms in a semi-bonsai state.

Awesome Steve. +rep for more great coco advice. I didn't have any perlite handy, but I put a layer of hydroton on the bottom and top, otherwise pretty much straight coco. With the airpots, I thought the extra aeration to the rootzone would make the perlite unnecessary, but I'll probably mix in some perlite next time depending on how this goes. Something new to play with and learn!

Xlr-- Sorry to hear you're not feeling well but I know how that is, I have a few health issues myself that I got to deal with. And welcome to the world of coco. Propa got me into it and I am glad I did. I am still learning about it but I definitely like it better than soil.

Hiya QT. ;)

Thanks, health problems suck, huh?! I'm pretty interested in Coco and ways to incorporate it. I'd love to try it in the Flo N Gro eventually if I can get it working for me well. Fun having something new to play with.

I haven't been to your thread forever. Trying to get up to speed with stuff, but it's going to take me a while! :sorry:

Seems we all getting Old and falling apart. I know I am anyways. Dropped in looking to see what ya got going on. I seen you seed you got started. I've grown Jack the Ripper myself before. Mine was outdoor tho and she was a failure. I put here in the green house with 2 church's. They filled the house and I even had to pull the Jack before the end of the season due to over crowding and mildew problems. Which both went hand in hand. Lack of circulation leads to PM and Bud Rot. Besides I think she was alittle long on the flowering time for outdoors here in Oregon. They say 8 weeks, but outdoors, you never really know wen They started flowering and a week is all it take here outside. So I opted to kill the Jack. She was a monster tho. Easy 8'. OG Kush I've heard alot of good things about. And I Love the SLH myself. Don't know why I didn't order some more last order I did. Yea I have some of those plants going at my new thread. I seen ya writing about journals. They do help remember dates and plants. So what you say your first couple didn't fly rite. None of mine every turn out like I wanted. But I know theres been afew times I've had to look back here '420' to find dates I started something clones, flowering etc. The others, I haven't a clue. But I will say wow, the blood lines mixed up to come up with it. Well I'll be looking back in for some pic's. Keepem Green

Norcaliwood said:
Seems we all getting Old and falling apart. I know I am anyways. Dropped in looking to see what ya got going on. I seen you seed you got started. I've grown Jack the Ripper myself before. Mine was outdoor tho and she was a failure. I put here in the green house with 2 church's. They filled the house and I even had to pull the Jack before the end of the season due to over crowding and mildew problems. Which both went hand in hand. Lack of circulation leads to PM and Bud Rot. Besides I think she was alittle long on the flowering time for outdoors here in Oregon. They say 8 weeks, but outdoors, you never really know wen They started flowering and a week is all it take here outside. So I opted to kill the Jack. She was a monster tho. Easy 8'. OG Kush I've heard alot of good things about. And I Love the SLH myself. Don't know why I didn't order some more last order I did. Yea I have some of those plants going at my new thread. I seen ya writing about journals. They do help remember dates and plants. So what you say your first couple didn't fly rite. None of mine every turn out like I wanted. But I know theres been afew times I've had to look back here '420' to find dates I started something clones, flowering etc. The others, I haven't a clue. But I will say wow, the blood lines mixed up to come up with it. Well I'll be looking back in for some pic's. Keepem Green

Heya! Just posted to your new thread. I've been really absent and behind recently, but trying to fix that... I'll throw up a couple pics of the babies soon, though I should prob wrap this journal up soon, too. Im excited about the strains, but I'm gonna have to get creative when it gets time for stretch. Bushmasters, lst, and defoliating along the main stem, etc.

Thanks for dropping by - hope you and the wife are doing great!

Glad I'm not the only one using my 420 journal for my own reference. Went back to label everything, my notebook has gaps all over the place, but my journal here had all the info I needed. + reps for Norcal and XLR8

Thank you :420: :bravo:

Glad I'm not the only one using my 420 journal for my own reference. Went back to label everything, my notebook has gaps all over the place, but my journal here had all the info I needed. + reps for Norcal and XLR8

Thank you :420: :bravo:

:thanks: for the reps and the kind words. Yes, I do refer back to them sometimes - I used to a lot when I started. Thanks again brotha! :)

Hey, Bro! Glad you're doing better and I look forward to your new journal. FYI...stay away from the Bushmaster. It's got bad stuff in it and it's not good for MMJ, although, it does work for keeping the plant short, it's just not healthy. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom