Old Phototron Experiment

Minus

Hello all.I'm new here and would just like to say hello,great site.
I figured I might share this experiment.Granted,this is not going to be anything special by any means.
Just a simple journal about my limited grow with the oldest of the phototron family.
I have to admit it is fun so far if nothing else.
Hope you enjoy my small adventure.

This is the beginning.
1 week after germinating and planting using miracle grow potting soil as a base.1 low watt cfm at top of container.

GEDC1066.jpg

This is 2 weeks later.
Added 2 homemade c02 sugar/yeast generators for kicks.

GEDC1069.jpg

This is where I'm at now 3 weeks later.
2 days after topping.
C02's still going although I remixed solution.
Added a small amount of chicken poop to soil around bases of plants.
Accidentally dusted some of the leaves resulting in some minor burns.

GEDC1072.jpg

Nothing great like I said but I am enjoying it none the less.

I will be posting new pics each week as I progress.
They are still on a 24/7 photo cycle and probably will remain that way for awhile yet.

Btw.No idea what any of them are as far as type.Just some seed(from nice stuff) I had accumalted over the years.

Do you know how tall your gonna want them to be? Plants become 2x-3x bigger once they flower...
Looks good overall, except the miracle grow. It can be used, but only if its the only kind of soil that you have available. Does your soil have time release ferts? If not, what nutes are you planning on using?

Do you know how tall your gonna want them to be? Plants become 2x-3x bigger once they flower...
Looks good overall, except the miracle grow. It can be used, but only if its the only kind of soil that you have available. Does your soil have time release ferts? If not, what nutes are you planning on using?

Probably let em grow 2 more weeks then 12/12.
The miracle grow soil is time release for up to 3 months.
I'm only planning on using chicken poop and a flowering nutrient when I get there. :)

I like your sig bubbaKush.Kinda says a whole lot eh?

I had to google phototron to find out what it was. I would take them tubes and shove 400w hps's in them. That would be a cool setup.

^ I dunno if that'd be a good idea, only because the HPS lights are soooo hot and sooo harsh. As close as the plants are grow, that may not be a good idea as they will probably get burned quite badly IMO. In addition, I'm not sure HPS fits the same sockets as the fluoros.

Minus: Interesting you put soil down in the bottom of the phototron. Never seen that done, but it looks like you're doin quite well. ;-)

Minus: Interesting you put soil down in the bottom of the phototron. Never seen that done, but it looks like you're doin quite well. ;-)

Actually... Pyraponic Industries ( the people that now make the Phototron )
market that sucker to be used in JUST that way. You plant in the Phototron and
follow a strict watering / feeding cycle that they call Pyraponics. It's a hand done
ebb & flow system sorta kinda. I still have my original Phototron manual, lol.

It's an interesting read.

Peace :roorrip:

^ I dunno if that'd be a good idea, only because the HPS lights are soooo hot and sooo harsh. As close as the plants are grow, that may not be a good idea as they will probably get burned quite badly IMO. In addition, I'm not sure HPS fits the same sockets as the fluoros.

Yeah but with a good vortex fan hooked up to those tubes and it should work. Its a very nice grow box.Pricey though.

I didn't show all of the setup.I will post more pics on mon. or tues.
Won't be using any serious lights because of space,temp,etc.
I am using 1 40watt cfl in a small dome at top of box.
I may get a new light soon,nothing too high a watt.
I have a fan rigged above enclosure that blows directly into the box through openings
at each plexiglass pane.
I do have a question about watering.As of right now I water about once a week,about 4 quarts per watering.
My question is.
Would misting the plants be a good idea?
Also,Runamok,I wish I had that manual.Sounds like a good thing to have!

Also,Runamok,I wish I had that manual.Sounds like a good thing to have!

Their website is here and
the manual is here

Peace :roorrip:

I may have screwed up...........
Time will tell.I have been reading a bit too much about the tron and whacking I think.
I had 4 small plants below all the bigger growth and decided that 13 in the container was a bit much.
I cut the 4 out leaving about 1/2 in. of the stem so I didn't disturb any roots.
After that and looking at a diagram from the "guide" I started trim/prune.
I hope I haven't screwed up.They look a bit too trimmed.
We will see what happens in the next few days.
Pics will be forthcoming after the weekend.
I'm holding my breath..........

In my despair I decided to post my major malfunction as it is right now.
I really hope they can recover.

The fan,

GEDC1078.jpg

The extra cfl in dome,

GEDC1079.jpg

C02 generators,lol

GEDC1081.jpg

The results of me getting carried away with wacking......

GEDC1084.jpg

GEDC1085.jpg

Sigh.........recovery maybe possible?

Back
Top Bottom