Ziminy's KC36 Hydro Grow

Ziminy

My History: My first grow was 6 bag seeds and 3 Mango. I got 3 females from the bag seed and 2 females from the Mango. The bag seeds and 1 Mango are halfway through flowering right now. The other Mango (which grew twice as fast) was kept as a Mother plant to practice cloning.

I have no previous experience, but have read over 100 hours of articles on the subject and seen 10 hours of video on subjects from seed selection to curing techniques.

This is my first grow journal.

3 KC36
Indoor
Hydro - Drip/Drain
10 Gal Reservoir
74 Degrees
Coco Fiber
Started in 4 inch pots
8 T5 blue bulbs & 3 CFLs
Oscillating Fan
PH is 6.2
Water - Once a day
Canna A&B, Rhizotonic, PK13/14, Cannazym
3x3' growing area in closet

Planted 3 seeds in rock wool, they all cracked but never became seedlings.
Planted 3 seeds in rock wool, they all cracked but never became seedlings.
Researched problem - Assume "damping off" - too moist
Planted 3 seeds in coco, all cracked, all became seedlings.
The following pictures will be of the most successful seedling, which is about double the size of the other 2. If female, it will become a mother plant.

March 1, 2010
Day 1 - Seeds planted
Day 6 - First seedling shows

Day 8
Secret13_Day_8.jpg

Day 16
Secret13_Day_16.jpg

Day 19
Secret13_Day_19.jpg

Day 21
Secret13_Day_21.jpg

Still on 1/4 strength nutrients.
Wondering if I should jump to 1/2 or full soon.
EDIT: As per Papa Green, Starting on 1/2 nutrients and water every other day.

Let me be among the first to say props on getting in the game!

The starts look good. I don't have any real experience with your nutes or medium, but I think you could almost certainly start to increase your nute strength. But watering every day seems like it might be alot - I know in soil or pro-mix that would be right on the verge of over-watering them.

I'm sure there will be all kinds of good help here for you.

:popcorn:

+Reps to get you started

Looks good bro. What are the genetics of the mango? I remember Nirvana had a strain named that and renamed to papaya. It looks similar plant wise.

KC 33 x Afghani

"KC Brains Mango is a stable hybrid of KC special selection between a KC 33 and an Afghani. As any other KC product, Mango cannabis seeds were created to satisfy tastes of cannabis smokers and bring some variety in their gardens.
With the genes of such famous parents, Mango seeds can be grown indoors as well as outdoors. This marijuana strain is a perfect pot plant; she performs well in soil and hydroponics setups. Afghani ancestors gave her an ability to resist mould and mushroom. Their Mango seeds grow in typically indica way; they are quite short and bushy, with wide dark green shade. The average size of a plant is about 130 cm indoors"

Now I don't know about that description. All the ones I have grown get tall very fast and do not bush out. Her side picture is typical of all the ones I've grown from seed.

She is 8 days younger than the KC36.
Mango_3-14_Day_49.jpg

Mango_3-14_Day_49back.jpg

Day 70

It is 9 Days into Flowering.
It is 10 inches taller.
Bent the 3 tallest branches yesterday so the next tallest can catch up.

SEX
Arggg! Says the Pirate!
One branch has 3 pistils at one of the nodes.
ALL THE REST seem to have boy balls.
It's been 3 days since I first saw the pistils and balls.
All looks the same, just slightly larger balls.
And yes, I sat for 2 hours inspecting every single node on the plant.

What I want to ask is, can I sit and pick all the balls off every day and end up with some bud, or am I just jerking myself off and wasting space under my flowering light? Is it normal to have a hermie with so many male parts?

This is the biggest plant by far. I would hate to lose it, since it would be half my crop if it was female. I've read that all hermies are considered females. Will all my clones actually be female? Even though the mother is mostly father? *cry*
Secret13_Day_70.jpg

Secret13_Day_70u.jpg

Also, I just repotted it. It did not show as many roots as I would have expected from this size plant. Is that because of her extremely fast growth? (3 times as fast and as large as her sisters) And the sisters have the same amount of roots but are much smaller.

I don't blame you.

I had a couple of Hermies in my first grow. I let em go all the way and the smoke was still incredible. You just have to deal with seeds....but IMO small price to pay when waiting so long for something.

As long as you can keep the he-she isolated from the other ladies, I'd say let er rip man and go the distance.

The plant looks great....so masculine :cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace: man!
Sf.

Yeah, I don't know how I would isolate it from the other 2.
Which is what makes me nervous. I don't care if it has some seeds itself.
But I don't want problems with the other 2 also.

I'm wondering if I can just put her outside and let her finish there.
The longest day of Summer is June 21st and we still only get 13 hours of light.
Sunrise at 6am and sunset at 9pm.
I'm flowering them NOW on 13/11

The male I stuck outside is doing VERY welll on nothing but hose water and no nutes. I expected it to die in a few days. He's gotten HUGE. Growing in Coco, so I don't know where he's getting the energy.

Will that female do just as well and bud out there?
(I would give her nutes, of course)

Well, those balls were getting big.
I gently removed as much coco as I could and planted her in the ground.
If I get bud, great. If not, I guess it wasn't meant to be.
I took 10 cuttings right before flowering her.

I have some small plants.
I've been curious to see what it looks like to flower plants less than 6 inches tall.
Now I'll find out.
Hopefully it will make up for the loss of my big girl.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom