This is my first journal:grinjoint:

Here's what I got goin:smokin:
4-Querkle
8- PKush

Grow area is a sealed room roughly 15X8
1000W aircooled MH for veg and Hps for flower
CO2 Generator (propane)
Dehumidifier

Planted the seeds on Jan 1 2011 in mini hempy cups with a half teaspoon of osmocote plus in the top half of the cup.

Right now I have them on 12/12 from seed, planning on weeding out the men in the mini hempy cups re-vegging then transplanting the girls to larger 3-4 gallon pots of FFOF with osmocote.

019130.JPG

022106.JPG

018154.JPG

017174.JPG

016185.JPG

Let me know what you think. :party:

Is that a light mover or just a rail so you can position the light more easily?

Great room, looking good. Setup is great, you got the works, should be fun to watch. Good luck, sounds like you got a decent number of girls.

Thanks, Yea Im gonna check again tonight hopefully I get some more ladies in there:grinjoint: If not I think I might get a couple of fem seeds goin im thinking one Blue Cheese and one SLH. Hoping for 9 healthy ladies to take into flower. It looks like I might have a couple gimps and a runt so I might need some back up!

Here some new ones with the lights on: smokin:

Day 26 on 12/12
002566.JPG

The garden

008393.JPG

2 dudes in the corner on deathrow

010345.JPG

Mutants and ugly's

004505.JPG

Female Querkle

007417.JPG

Its a MAn

013254.JPG

Mutants VS non-Mutant

Total count so far is
2 Female Querkle (largest plants)
6 Female Purple Kush (1 mutant)
1 unconfirmed Querkle (large)
1 unconfirmed Purple Kush (mutant)
2 Dudes (Querkle and Purple Kush)

Started with 15 regular seeds trying to take 9 healthy plants to flower. I will germ a couple of fem seeds if I cant get 9 out of the 15. All these plants will go back into veg in the next day or so for 3-4 weeks. :rollit:

You dont think its too early to sex them. Im wondering if some are growing strange due to flowering so early? I always wait till there are at least 6 or seven nodes to start sexing them. Let me know if I'm missing something.
Peace,
NEPharmer

He could be growing them 12/12 from the getgo, I've done this once and ended up with about 1/4 dry each plant, though I've seen people yield more.

You dont think its too early to sex them. Im wondering if some are growing strange due to flowering so early? I always wait till there are at least 6 or seven nodes to start sexing them. Let me know if I'm missing something.
Peace,
NEPharmer

I started 12/12 from seed. Once the sex is determined I'll switch them over to veg for another 3-4 weeks. Mutants could be from starting 12/12 but I think its just the strain. This is the second grow of Purple Kush, the first grow had only 1 out of 10 seeds make it to harvest, there were some ugly looking ladies and men in that group.

Don't do that man, if you are going to grow 12/12 from the beginning you should do it all the way through. I would disregard their sex if you plan on doing that to them because you will likely end up with a bunch of hermi's anyways. In general you grow them large enough to clone them and sex the clones, or when you put the plants in flower they are checked every day and when male preflowers or flowers are found the plant is then pulled.

Considering they have been in 12/12 so long already it really stresses the plant to revert back to veg and will hurt your end yield because of this very unnatural stress that is being placed upon the plant. In nature the plant will almost NEVER have to revert back to veg, so the plant doesn't like to do it much and is stressed in the process. I would suggest to grow under 16/8 or 20/4 for seedlings and veg next time and your end results will be more weighty.

If you do 12/12 from beginning to end here in the hempy cups you could end up with some pretty nice results too.

Don't do that man, if you are going to grow 12/12 from the beginning you should do it all the way through. I would disregard their sex if you plan on doing that to them because you will likely end up with a bunch of hermi's anyways. In general you grow them large enough to clone them and sex the clones, or when you put the plants in flower they are checked every day and when male preflowers or flowers are found the plant is then pulled.

Considering they have been in 12/12 so long already it really stresses the plant to revert back to veg and will hurt your end yield because of this very unnatural stress that is being placed upon the plant. In nature the plant will almost NEVER have to revert back to veg, so the plant doesn't like to do it much and is stressed in the process. I would suggest to grow under 16/8 or 20/4 for seedlings and veg next time and your end results will be more weighty.

If you do 12/12 from beginning to end here in the hempy cups you could end up with some pretty nice results too.

:welcome: This is the second or third grow I can't remember :grinjoint: that I have done starting 12/12 then reverting to veg for a couple weeks, The first grow I had no hermies, this last grow I had 3 out of 10 plants produce seeds at the very end of the grow. Strangely 2 of the 3 plants that did produce seeds were the largest of the group finishing right around 3 oz each. Do you think these seeds will produce hermies in the future. My plan this time is to harvest most the plant, leave the bottom buds and try to stress them out to produce seeds, do you think thats crazy?:tokin:

I agree with Brett. You don't want to stress your girls that much. When they get stressed too much some will just turn into hermies. If you think about it, your girls are already a month old. You could have done your veg by now and could have started flowering them and determining sex. This way they wouldn't be stressed and you would have better results in a shorter period of time. Oh and IMO, I think those little cups are too small for your girls. They are probably root bound in them. Just my opinion. :grinjoint:

:welcome: This is the second or third grow I can't remember :grinjoint: that I have done starting 12/12 then reverting to veg for a couple weeks, The first grow I had no hermies, this last grow I had 3 out of 10 plants produce seeds at the very end of the grow. Strangely 2 of the 3 plants that did produce seeds were the largest of the group finishing right around 3 oz each. Do you think these seeds will produce hermies in the future. My plan this time is to harvest most the plant, leave the bottom buds and try to stress them out to produce seeds, do you think thats crazy?:tokin:

If you take seeds from hermies there is a good chance that those seeds will produce more hermies (not necessarily though). If you want to breed and produce your own seeds, use a male and a female plant (as in nature) and produce proper seeds. I would never use hermie seeds. Again, just my opinion. :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

I agree with these guys, too much stress too early. I would keep them going in 12/12 till finished, but start veging another set to grow a normal cycle. But, it's your grow, if you like your method, go with it. If your happy with your previous results then by all means keep going. Good luck
Peace,
NEPharmer

Back
Top Bottom