1000W Purple Grow

Maybe the 12/12 from seed is causing these strange results with your sprouts because I have sprouted a lot of seeds and never seen mutations like that.

If you harvest the plant and leave some to try and make hermi will get you seeds, these seeds should all be femenized but will be more sensitive to stress and will likely hermi easier. I had a White Widow hermi in a room full of AK47 and grew 3 of them out they just went into flower this week and look promising. Hermi seeds can be hit or mis but almost always are sensitive. Grow how ever you chose, I would strongly suggest growing them on a regular veg cycle from the start next time and you will see serious improvements.

Thanks for all the input guys:thumb: still not totally sure what I'm gonna do:hmmmm: but let me describe my last grow a little more indepth. I had a total of 10 female plants 3 querkle, 1 bagseed, 1 kings kush, 1 pKush, 2 Law, and 1 BubbaKush, and 1 SLH. All these plants were started on 12/12 for the first month. Once the girls were discovered I disguarded the males and put the 10 girls still in minihempy cups back into veg 18/6. I would say they struggled for about a week while reverting back to the veg stage. Once they recovered I transplanted them to larger 3-4 gallon containers where they continued to veg for about 2 more weeks. At this point they were all between 16" and 22" I put them back into flower for the next 2 months. The last 10 days of the grow I turned the temps down to around 55 at night and 65 day time. I think this is when 3 of the plants began to produce seeds. It took me 3 days to harvest all the plants, over that time period the light in the grow room was constantly on and off probably stressing the remaining plants even more. Can Hermi plants produce seeds in only 10-12 days? In total I ended up with about 120 good looking seeds from three plants 2 of which were 3oz plants. The seeds tended to be on the lower popcorn buds not many in the larger buds or main colas.

So all this has me thinking if I harvest the main colas and buds leaving the lower 1/4-1/3 of the plants to turn hermie and pump out some seeds. I'm not sure if its possible but I hope to end up with quality bud plus extra seeds:party:

This grow is not critical its more experimental so if it all goes down the shizhole I'll just start over :roorrip:.

Last night I put 4 bubba kush hermie seeds from my last grow in water . If they germ I will veg and flower them properly to see if we get any mutants or hunchback hermies.

Ok some new picks.

127_004.JPG

Male Querkle born 1/1/2011 died 1/27/2011

127_010.JPG

Male querkle root shot before death

127_005.JPG

I don't think they are root bound
127_014.JPG

4 Hermie BKush seeds
1 Feminized blue cheese

Took your guys advice and started 5 new seeds, 4 Hermie Bkush seeds from the last grow, and one Feminized Blue Cheese. These 5 will be vegged for 3-4 weeks with the other plants then put into flower just in case the other ladies turn into men.:roorrip:

The jurys still out on the last 2 plants 1 Querkle and 1 PKush. Im hoping the Querkle is female, the PKush is the mutant so its probably going to have a short life either way.

It looks like you got enough room to do both, experiment with the ones you got going, and have the others, that you just started as backup. Good luck. I think you will find growing them regular will produce excellent results.

It looks like you got enough room to do both, experiment with the ones you got going, and have the others, that you just started as backup. Good luck. I think you will find growing them regular will produce excellent results.

Hope so :wood: They should have about 4 weeks total on 18/6

I watered 6 of the larger girls last night

Per gallon
1/2 capful of seaweed
about 100 ppm of calmag
5 drops of superthrive
Ph to 6.7
Total PPM 220

I won't have to PH once they are in larger pots but mini hempys seam to like between 6.5-7 PH.

Good to see someone growing some Querkle. In October I was gifted two Purple Urkle clones. I grew 1 in a 3 gallon Smart Pot and 1 in a General Hydro. Water Farm. Under a 1000 watt Sun Master Cool Deluxe HPS. Needless to say, the plant in water farm got enormous. I got attacked by spider mites around week 4 of flowering so it was kind of a bummer but I was able to get them knocked out. I've never grown Querkle before, but with my Urkle plant it did not start to turn purple until very late in flowering. However, once it did start turning purple I have never been more impressed by such a dank purple plant with extremely dense nugs that smell like green apples and grape. The longer I let it flower, the more purple it got. With LST my plant got absolutely massive with tight buds and close internodes on about 17 or 18 colas. I ended up getting about 3 ounces of top shelf, grape tasting, purple buds with 50% milky trichs 25% clear and 25% amber. Truly one of the tastiest strains I have grown myself. The high makes feel goofy yet energetic at the same time. Great video game weed. Add to that, the fact that it is a very forgiving plant to grow and you can be sure I will be growing Urkle again in the future. Wish you the best of luck with your grow. I wanted to post a photo of some of the Urkle I grew about 5 weeks into flower to give you an idea of what this strain is capable of under modest conditions... :goodluck:
Picture_0745.jpg
Picture_0837.jpg

After the buds started turning purple...
Picture_00947.jpg
:tokin:

Wow those turned really purple, nice work! did you turn the temps down the last week or two? The last grow I had 3 querkles, one didn't turn purple at all, the other two didn't start to turn purple till about week 6 but neither had as much purple as yours :thumb:.I'm still curing the querkle from the last grow so I haven't tried it yet.

Ok more pics :thumb:

010350.JPG

group shot

008395.JPG

most developed lady

007420.JPG

mutants in the front

006420.JPG

003534.JPG

005483.JPG

Last one to show

So far so good looks like theres 10 ladies total, 3 Querkle and 7 Pkush. Surprised that 10 out of 13 were girls, 2 seeds never popped. These ladies will be going back into veg mode 18/6 starting tomorrow. :Rasta:

Still waiting on the 5 other seeds to pop that were put in dirt a couple days ago.

Wow those turned really purple, nice work! did you turn the temps down the last week or two? The last grow I had 3 querkles, one didn't turn purple at all, the other two didn't start to turn purple till about week 6 but neither had as much purple as yours :thumb:.I'm still curing the querkle from the last grow so I haven't tried it yet.

Didn't turn the temps down at all. In fact, I try to keep my night time temps close to day time temps because it helps keep the internodes closer together and I am paranoid about mildew. I run a dehumidifier and a vent fan that sucks air from inside the house into the room. You get hold of the right pheno of Urkle and it will turn purple around week 6. I was a little surprised myself when it began purpling. It is all in the genetics. Luck of the draw I suppose whether you get hold of the pheno that turns purple and has that grape and green apples flavor. The buds look really good and it tastes really good but I am more of a fan of the relaxing chem dawg and OG kush type highs. Urkle seems a little too much Sativa for me.

Didn't turn the temps down at all. In fact, I try to keep my night time temps close to day time temps because it helps keep the internodes closer together and I am paranoid about mildew. I run a dehumidifier and a vent fan that sucks air from inside the house into the room. You get hold of the right pheno of Urkle and it will turn purple around week 6. I was a little surprised myself when it began purpling. It is all in the genetics. Luck of the draw I suppose whether you get hold of the pheno that turns purple and has that grape and green apples flavor. The buds look really good and it tastes really good but I am more of a fan of the relaxing chem dawg and OG kush type highs. Urkle seems a little too much Sativa for me.

Mmmmmm cant wait to try some querkle:tokin: still have to wait another week or two. Good call on keeping your night time temps close to day time. I would most likely have to put a heater in the room to accomplish that. Heard many good things about OG Kush but I haven't been able to get my hands on any.

OG Kush is my favorite herb. Along with chem Dawg. It's got a real good taste and an excellent high. Best herb I've ever smoked, with some well grown Bubba Kush a close second. For the longest time I couldn't get OG clones or Chem Dawg clones so I ordered a bunch of seeds online. I ordered the Reserva Privada OG but the seed never sprouted (doh!) and a few Cali Connection seeds. So now I have a Chem Valley Kush garden sprouting in the basement. Still too young to show sex, Chem dawg #4 x SFV OG and various Afghan Kush plants, a Black berry and a few other surprises. Seems the fellow patients agree. Whenever the local dispensary get's some Chem Dawg, its all gone in about 3 or 4 days! Why you ask? It's the best damn weed on planet earth!

Not to be a pest, :cool: but those plants in the black cup are speaking to me. They are saying, transplant me into a 3 gallon pot please!!!

Not to be a pest, :cool: but those plants in the black cup are speaking to me. They are saying, transplant me into a 3 gallon pot please!!!

Was wanting to get me some OG Kush but they were sold out when I was ready to order. So instead I got Blackberry, Querkle, and more PKush. Can't really get clones around my area so Im kind of limited to whatevers available online. Good to hear about Bubba Kush, I got some of that curing also it smells so good!

I'll probably transplant them in a week or so, trying to get them back into Veg mode before I stress em out anymore.

Back
Top Bottom