1080w LED Inferno

I am going to have to jump into this one too, the Ladies are looking great and I have learned a lot from your LED grow. I am currently running my own LED grow with a Hydroponics hut 250 watt LED, 2X 50 watt plasma induction, and 2X 54 watt T5'S, Never used LED or PLasma induction so it is experimental for me, I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best and any tips I can get will be appreciated. So far they are absolutely loving the LED let me know what you think, other wise I can't wait to sit back and see how this one turns out.:popcorn::cheer:
Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

welcome brother pull up a seat. the more people the better. I was looking at ur pics and it seems the girls love that combo. very interesting.. ive always wanted to try plasma, but waiting for the big one to come out and be at a fair price. keep me posted how this works for you? dosent seem like you need any tips brother good job!! just keep it simple.

any question feel free to ask

Hey Irish! Glad to see those girls are kicking into gear for you!

Thanks for doing the comparison between the DM Flower & Veg vs. DM General Purpose vs. OC+. A number of us are already benefiting from the dependable and safe performance of these controlled release products. Your comparison will really help us to get the most from this exciting "new" development!

Thanks for maintaining a great journal (as always!).

:goodluck:

Hey Irish! Glad to see those girls are kicking into gear for you!

Thanks for doing the comparison between the DM Flower & Veg vs. DM General Purpose vs. OC+. A number of us are already benefiting from the dependable and safe performance of these controlled release products. Your comparison will really help us to get the most from this exciting "new" development!

Thanks for maintaining a great journal (as always!).

:goodluck:

you got it bro..

all though its not the most accurate way of seeing whats better, it should give us an ball park idea..

next grow when i start from the start then it will be allot better for us to tell because when can see the whole grow cycle using each one and how good it dose.

Some of the light spectrum these lights produce can damage vision permanently if safety measures aren't taken to protect our eyes.

I use "shade 3" safety glasses, which aren't so dark that you can't see well, but provide protection from UV light.

If you use sunglasses, make sure they block UV.

I tend to be on the lax side when it comes to being concerned about safety, but not with UV and my eyes.

UV can be 100% filtered with lab goggles or safety glasses. No tint needed at all. As long as they are made of polycarbonate. UV is actually pretty easy to screen out.

I have a crazy idea? ive never seen this done or heard of it being done, but i beat it would work good? instead of doing 12/12 from seed, why not do 13/11 or better 14/10 from seed. the extra light would allow better growth while they grow then the extra light would allow more bud growth, then the last few weeks of flower you can add more dark time to speed up the ripening stage.

I am going to try this, shit i might even try a 14 light and 10 dark with a clone or two until i get some seeds.

everything i read says that yield will in-cress with a 14L : 10D light time but they will ripen longer by maybe a week or so more.

There is a technique used by commercial greenhouse growers where they go 23.5 hours lights on, followed by 12 hours lights off.

The lights on period pumps up the vegetative growth quickly, while the 12 hours of dark gets them blooming faster. A 7 day digital timer and a bit of careful programming can make this happen in your room. I might try it someday.

thats interesting.. the only bad thing is most Digi timers wont handle our big lights.. i have a 7 day digi rater for 600w max and thats pushing it.. i only use it for my pumps and stuff.. ive heard of the Digi timers melting with a 1k light..

but that would be a cool one to see if you could find a heavy duty Digi timer

whats ur thought on the 14/10 from seed?

UV can be 100% filtered with lab goggles or safety glasses. No tint needed at all. As long as they are made of polycarbonate. UV is actually pretty easy to screen out.

I highly underestimated the LED light when I first got it as it is not as bright as your regular HID so I kind of got cocky and with no eye protection worked for a few hours in the light, I didn't initially feel anything but when I got out I knew for a fact I had damaged my eyes. They still bothering me today. My eyes were stressed and almost felt like I had burnt my cornea. I still am seeing some black spots once in a while and that was a few weeks ago. Whatever you do put some kind of protection on your eyes because you will noticeably damage your eyes. It was stupid of me:tokin: I mean the lights are made to mimic sunlight in a sense so don't be dumb like me because you will hurt your eyes.

instead of doing 12/12 from seed, why not do 13/11 or better 14/10 from seed.

Unfortunately the only way your girls will go into full bloom under a 14/10 schedule is with the use of Far Red during the night time.. Like outdoors (mother nature).... Plus remember she (mother nature) cuts down aprox 2 mins per day.. Here's another. Only some strains I've grown start flowering outdoors under a 14/10 lighting schedule and that's with the presents of Far Red at night.. Some sativa strains don't flower in my neck of the woods until the outdoor lighting schedule is well into 13/11... I'm just saying..

Indoors (with no FR present at night) you have to start the flowering under 12/12 then after aprox the 4th week (when the girls are in full bloom) you can turn up the lights to a 14/10 flowering schedule. Some growers do this but be aware, if the 14/10 schedule is left on for to long your flowers will start to reveg... I've only seen growers do 14/10 for at the most 14 days.. So be careful..

If you vegged a clone and then did a 14/10 flowering schedule from the start (with out FR at night). It would only take you aprox 3 weeks to see what I like to call half veg/half flowered buds. Trust me you wont like it..

Without the presents of FR at night.. 12/12 or under indoors is pretty much the standard...

As far as 12/12 from a seed or some other light schedule...

Irish as you already know... Until the adult gene is present it don't matter what light schedule you have the seedling under, she/he won't flower until the adult gene is present.. 12/12 from a seed puts the girl/guy into flower mode as soon as the adult gene is present.. 13/11 or 14/10 from a seed would only delay flowering.. What I mean is the adult gene would be there just the same as 12/12 from a seed but the 13 or 14 hours of (lights on) would keep the girls/guys in a half veg/half flowering mode.. Again you won't like...

everything i read says that yield will in-cress with a 14L : 10D light time but they will ripen longer by maybe a week or so more.

Were did you read this? Were they just talking about 14/10 in the middle of flowering?

Unfortunately the only way your girls will go into full bloom under a 14/10 schedule is with the use of Far Red during the night time.. Like outdoors (mother nature).... Plus remember she (mother nature) cuts down aprox 2 mins per day.. Here's another. Only some strains I've grown start flowering outdoors under a 14/10 lighting schedule and that's with the presents of Far Red at night.. Some sativa strains don't flower in my neck of the woods until the outdoor lighting schedule is well into 13/11... I'm just saying..

Indoors (with no FR present at night) you have to start the flowering under 12/12 then after aprox the 4th week (when the girls are in full bloom) you can turn up the lights to a 14/10 flowering schedule. Some growers do this but be aware, if the 14/10 schedule is left on for to long your flowers will start to reveg... I've only seen growers do 14/10 for at the most 14 days.. So be careful..

If you vegged a clone and then did a 14/10 flowering schedule from the start (with out FR at night). It would only take you aprox 3 weeks to see what I like to call half veg/half flowered buds. Trust me you wont like it..

Without the presents of FR at night.. 12/12 or under indoors is pretty much the standard...

Irish as you already know... Until the adult gene is present it don't matter what light schedule you have the seedling under, she/he won't flower until the adult gene is present.. 12/12 from a seed puts the girl/guy into flower mode as soon as the adult gene is present.. 13/11 or 14/10 from a seed would only delay flowering.. What I mean is the adult gene would be there just the same as 12/12 from a seed but the 13 or 14 hours of (lights on) would keep the girls/guys in a half veg/half flowering mode.. Again you won't like...

Were did you read this? Were they just talking about 14/10 in the middle of flowering?

The Light which I am using in my current grow has selectable grow switch which allows you to do just that. With a touch of a button you can only activate the far red spectrum. There are also two other settings one with full spectrum, and white for veg. Kind of opens up a lot of possibilities and ways to experiment. If I am understanding what you were trying to say this might be a good application for this type of light cycle.

very nice post..

ya all of the ones that used the 14:10 they were already in flower ode under 12/12 i believe. some went from 10L:14D then 11:13, 12:12 13:11 then 14:10...

some went from 12:12 for a few weeks then 14:10 then down to 10:14 the last week or so to ripen off. all said it increased their yield. never did see any side by side pics and allot or easy to say it made their yield better so its hard to say.. but allot of claims says it works.. none of then used FR and nite.. but yes i do believe they used a 12/12 or lower at 1st.

The Light which I am using in my current grow has selectable grow switch which allows you to do just that. With a touch of a button you can only activate the far red spectrum. There are also two other settings one with full spectrum, and white for veg. Kind of opens up a lot of possibilities and ways to experiment. If I am understanding what you were trying to say this might be a good application for this type of light cycle.

where did you get this light? if its not allowed to be said on here please PM me and Dog this info.. is it 730nm IR? if you know by chance? their could be allot of possibility's with that light if in the right hands.. wonder if the make knew the true possibility's with this light?

where did you get this light? if its not allowed to be said on here please PM me and Dog this info.. is it 730nm IR? if you know by chance? their could be allot of possibility's with that light if in the right hands.. wonder if the make knew the true possibility's with this light?

Yes it does have the 720NM red and mid red , I can PM the link to the site if anyone is interested in the specs. I really do believe this light is the most engineered LED out there right now. The problem is no one knows about it and I believe its because they put all the money into the R&D, but if you ask me that is a good way to go. I love the fact I can control the wattage and what chip sets I want on, it obviously comes from a true grower and not just a pencil pusher. The specs are pretty impressive compared to all the other lights I compared it with.

i would have to see a few different grows done by that light 1st before i believe what they claim.. i have seen a few grows with their 90w units and i wasn't impressed at all. i like the idea of changing the color to IR, but for flowering our plants still need some blue spec for flowering.. you have any flowering pics with this light we could check out?

by the way you might want to take off the link if their not a sponsor here, they seem to not like that here and i dont want you to have any problems.. its up to you, but just wanted to give you a heads up, ive seen a few people get in trouble from that..

what size leds dose it use? 1w?

They seem to have all the right specs... But the three spectrums Red, Blue and Far Red need to be on separate plugs.. Switches won't do me any good. They have to manually turn on or off....

As far as spectrums go..

The blue spectrum is correct. The red spectrum is good. I would prefer only 660nm.. And sure enough it's 730 FR.. How much wattage per spectrum, IDK..... I would need to know that for sure..

So yeah, this light with three plugs could work as a PAD light for sure...:cool:

They seem to have all the right specs... But the three spectrums Red, Blue and Far Red need to be on separate plugs.. Switches won't do me any good. They have to manually turn on or off....

As far as spectrums go..

The blue spectrum is correct. The red spectrum is good. I would prefer only 660nm.. And sure enough it's 730 FR.. How much wattage per spectrum, IDK..... I would need to know that for sure..

So yeah, this light with three plugs could work as a PAD light for sure...:cool:

very true the switch wont do any good as a PAD light.. would be cool if they had three plugs of built in timers.. i would only check out this light is you could manually turn on each spec.. others wise ill stick with my GLH light for sure until i see some proven pics.. remember that grow the old member was doing a grow with like 4 of their 90w lights, this is the same company.. i wasn't too impressed with the yield for that many 90w in one area.. I do want to see thier plasma light grow a plant..

remember that grow the old member was doing a grow with like 4 of their 90w lights, this is the same company.. i wasn't too impressed with the yield for that many 90w in one area..

Yes I sure do remember... No thanks... I'm with you, my current money is with mike and the GLH lights.. Until I see otherwise...

The 400w HPS setup that was replaced with mikes GLH 300w was just sold on craigs list...lol

i would have to see a few different grows done by that light 1st before i believe what they claim.. i have seen a few grows with their 90w units and i wasn't impressed at all. i like the idea of changing the color to IR, but for flowering our plants still need some blue spec for flowering.. you have any flowering pics with this light we could check out?

by the way you might want to take off the link if their not a sponsor here, they seem to not like that here and i dont want you to have any problems.. its up to you, but just wanted to give you a heads up, ive seen a few people get in trouble from that..

what size leds dose it use? 1w?

Really? I didn't think that 420 mag was like that? I generally thought they promoted freedom and a non corporate attitude(meaning not controlling the content of the site as long as its not straight spam or an advertisement and it is appropriate) as that what our lifestyle is about, but I will take your word for it and lose the link I don't want to piss anyone off:). As far as the light in flowering I can't tell you yet, I am still vegging with these, you can check out the progress on my grow, Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow. And yes you are correct about the blue, but I believe the idea would be to switch back and fourth maybe splitting the hours you have the red and full spectrum on? Or turn on only the red at night then use full spectrum which includes the blue during the light hours? I don't know, but I do know this gives me more control to at least experiment than any other light. They use a mix of 1 watt and 3 watt wide band LED's, and is visibly brighter than any other LED I have ever seen. Only time will tell if its good or not, but they also offer an amazing warranty and money back guarantee, so the more I use it the more I am believing in the specs.:cheer: I think the real test will be flowing and I got a bit to go before I get there.

Back
Top Bottom