1080w LED Inferno

i will try my hardest to kill these mites by any means necessary! even if i have to buy 50 no pest stripes, 5 gal of flora mites or even poor gas one my plants and burn them! they will die on way or another!!! if i cant have my plant them no one can and they will burn for messing with my girls. no one comes in my house and sucks on my girls without any trouble. IT'S ALL OUT WAR!!!

OK, did some more reading and the Borg *can* eventually become resistant to Dichlorvos, the active insecticide in No Pest Strips.

Generally, though, the strips seem to continue to be extremely effective at killing mites in the great majority of the grows I've been reading.

Only a couple of reports of failure that I could find, and those might have been because there was too much ventilation in the grow space.

Hope you're winning the war Irish!

OK, did some more reading and the Borg *can* eventually become resistant to Dichlorvos, the active insecticide in No Pest Strips.

Generally, though, the strips seem to continue to be extremely effective at killing mites in the great majority of the grows I've been reading.

Only a couple of reports of failure that I could find, and those might have been because there was too much ventilation in the grow space.

Hope you're winning the war Irish!

thanks so much for looking at that info and sharing it with me.

no pest stripes work for tons of people the only people that they dont work for are the ones that have the vent fans running all the time so the NPS becomes not effective like you said. i have 2 NPS right now and am thinking of getting a 3rd one to make sure i hit they hard. i shut off my exhaust fan for a few days already. i have one NPS hanging right by my plants and the other is on my osculating fans blowing in the plants. i only have and intake fan running right now to bring in fresh air to keep things a little cooler since no exhaust is being used.

yesterday i looked at my leafs and they were just siting their dead, where the other day they were walking around on my leafs doing their things. so thats good, but lets see what the eggs do? i hope i can just kill them in their tracks once they hatch.

its crazy how these little fu*kers can adapt to things used to hurt them, that what sucks about them you have to change things up

my mom has this Shark stem gun thing used for cleaning and it says it will kill 99.9% germs and dust mites, i am going to stem the $hit out of my room when i am done followed by a few bombs and NPS. they stem should take can of them its hot as hell.

i went in my room butt ass naked

Tune in next week when gloves come off

They apparently already have, lol.

Your plants are in pots, right? Carry them all down to the kitchen, turn your water on and adjust it so that it's tepid, and hit each plant from the side with your sink's sprayer. IMMEDIATELY carry that plant up to your grow room. Do each plant.

It won't help the eggs in the soil (unless you've got an uninfested batch handy and scoop out the top inch or so and replace it) and you'll probably have some left in the room or whatnot. But a fast blast of water sends the little shits right off the plant.

The less mites you have when you actually do your attack with the mite products, the more you increase your chances for 100% success.

Might as well stick the strips in your other rooms, too. If there's not a mite "or two" in other parts of your house, you'll still carry them in from outside sooner than later.

They apparently already have, lol.

Your plants are in pots, right? Carry them all down to the kitchen, turn your water on and adjust it so that it's tepid, and hit each plant from the side with your sink's sprayer. IMMEDIATELY carry that plant up to your grow room. Do each plant.

It won't help the eggs in the soil (unless you've got an uninfested batch handy and scoop out the top inch or so and replace it) and you'll probably have some left in the room or whatnot. But a fast blast of water sends the little shits right off the plant.

The less mites you have when you actually do your attack with the mite products, the more you increase your chances for 100% success.

Might as well stick the strips in your other rooms, too. If there's not a mite "or two" in other parts of your house, you'll still carry them in from outside sooner than later.

i dont have a sprayer on my sink i was thinking that, the only thing i have is the shower but that might be too much for the plants?

i am thinking since i am using allot of perlite it might not be that bad and maybe the H202 might help kill the eggs in the medium?

i dont want to put the NPS in other parts of my house because i use those areas allot on their not too good for us. plus i have animals that it wouldn't be good for.

As a former gov't employee, I tend to get a little paranoid so I've been giving the ladies a thorough inspection. Nothing turned up (Thank Heavens) but it ruined my sleep last night dreamin bad dreams about tiny monsters.

Glad theres a body count and a strategy for the eggs in waiting.

On a side, it's awesome you grow ghost peppers too.

Irish, SNS, I believe, makes a mite killer. I've seen a lot of folks here that use it.

It's made mostly of Rosemary. I've got NPSs, Azamax sprayed and fed, and Rosemary sprigs all over the place. No mites, but the place smells like a Thanksgiving turkey :)

Good luck :goodluck:

As a former gov't employee, I tend to get a little paranoid so I've been giving the ladies a thorough inspection. Nothing turned up (Thank Heavens) but it ruined my sleep last night dreamin bad dreams about tiny monsters.

Glad theres a body count and a strategy for the eggs in waiting.

On a side, it's awesome you grow ghost peppers too.

mites will ruined ur dreams and day. their evil.

ya the ghost pepper are no joke! people dont know hot until u eat one. all someone needs is a tiny sliver and their will understand hot. i really want to spray the mites with those i bet it would burn them so bad from the oils of the chillie seeds and the pepper its self. u have to wear glove touching those.

i just mite try that.lol

Irish, SNS, I believe, makes a mite killer. I've seen a lot of folks here that use it.

It's made mostly of Rosemary. I've got NPSs, Azamax sprayed and fed, and Rosemary sprigs all over the place. No mites, but the place smells like a Thanksgiving turkey :)

funny i was thinking of putting Rosemary in my room.lol. whats it going to hurt? i need to get some for sure.

shoot i should just grow some in the same room

i dont have a sprayer on my sink i was thinking that, the only thing i have is the shower but that might be too much for the plants?

Well, you can turn the water down, lol. First time I ever saw spider mites on my plants I used it but I was still in veg (I liked big plants). Trying to hold the plant so that it's close to the shower-head, sideways, and not spilling the media out of the container is... not an adventure that I'd care to repeat. But all I had at the time was Safer's "soap" and I was in full-on panic mode (had pictures of going to the store for more things to try and returning to find my plants had been consumed running through my head haha) so I made the girls hit the showers - turning them every which way - then shook the water off and gave them a good hosing with Safer's. The plants survived but they looked pretty bedraggled for a day or two.

i dont want to put the NPS in other parts of my house because i use those areas allot on their not too good for us. plus i have animals that it wouldn't be good for.

Good point.

As a former gov't employee, I tend to get a little paranoid

Is that even considered to be paranoia? After all, you'd tend to know a little, lol.:rolleyes3

a body count

Speaking of which.:rofl:

Sierra Natural Science, Inc., makes both a natural spider mite product and a natural fungicide. They are also a 420Magazine site sponsor so if you contact them, tell them you read about them here. According to their website they offer samples upon request.

ya the ghost pepper are no joke! people dont know hot until u eat one. all someone needs is a tiny sliver and their will understand hot. i really want to spray the mites with those i bet it would burn them so bad from the oils of the chillie seeds and the pepper its self. u have to wear glove touching those.

I grew some peppers a couple of years ago - plants had lots of tiny little red peppers - just for the people who said my Caribbean Reds "weren't hot enough" (don't challenge a TorturedSoul, lmfao). I can't remember the name off-hand but if you brushed up against the plant's LEAVES you'd have itchy burning red marks all over your arms before you got out of the garden. After seeing one person pop one and act like he was about to go into convulsions (lol), instantly turn pasty-white, break into an immediate all-over sweat, and say he was having the worst headache of his life I decided to give them to someone who made salsa in a huge kettle and use peppers in cooking. The guy drank everything in my refrigerator including my milk - and then swished several mouthfuls of shampoo:cool: - but called me the next day to tell me that he was ok (and to call me a SOB); I refrained from asking him if they were still hot on the way out too.

Are ghost peppers like that? Been thinking about making some salsa and maybe some "Mexican beef stew" type things in my pressure canner.

Hot peppers seem to be good for arthritis and a pain-reliever in general.

Throw in some marigolds and open a flower shop :)

Marigolds - at least some strains - are a source of pymethrin, their roots kill soil nematodes, and are a good companion plant.

i will try my hardest to kill these mites by any means necessary! even if i have to buy 50 no pest stripes, 5 gal of flora mites or even poor gas one my plants and burn them! they will die on way or another!!! if i cant have my plant them no one can and they will burn for messing with my girls. no one comes in my house and sucks on my girls without any trouble. IT'S ALL OUT WAR!!!

Haha....Hell Ya. Throw on a little Metallica Damage, Inc, get in that room buck naked, and mess those little fuckers up. Lol...You got me all fired up! :headbanger:

Irish I would use Azamax if i were you. Not sure the remedy for soil but I have heard of an old user here using it and also MC uses it i believe. The mites would not like the taste of it if you mix it in with your nutes. Like a preventative. PLus reps horse for suggesting it. I think that with the rosemary oil would deff do them in. But this is just an educated guess.

Back
Top Bottom