12 Week Hydro Kush, Chemdawg Mix

Hi Guys,

I have an update, I have just reached the end of the second week of 12/12.

I took a few pics of my weekly wash / feed duties.

Weekly_Wash_01.jpg

the pump, drain hose and bubbler, scrubbed in hot soapy water, well rinsed.

Weekly_Wash_02.jpg

I measured 22 liters of water into the twice washed container.

Weekly_Wash_06.jpg

I run the bubbler in a small bucket of fresh water, just before it goes back in to the reservoir, don't need to fill that bad boy with soap. (Again)

Weekly_Wash_03.jpg

Food for the week, I add each to the measuring cup.

Weekly_Wash_04.jpg

The heavy weights...

Weekly_Wash_05.jpg

I add it all to the bucket after I get them ready, then test and pH the solution as a whole, the food doesn't seem to make the needle move but they say to wait to the end to pH.

new picture, Nov 21st, 2019.
Crop_3_Nov21.jpg

I move the netting up a bit on the rails, we'll see how tall they get. we'll try to keep the upright.

How big is that space your in again bud ?

Just confused most people go about 10-12 inches then have scrog net start they also clean I late bet 25% of the underneathe leaving the to 75%.

Curious to see what you can do though man

The main concept behind the SCROG method is that instead of growing a single top bud, you can grow multiple colas under your light. As your plants grow through the screen, you simply pull them back down and tie the branches to the screen. This creates more budding sites and allows you to maximize your indoor marijuana harvest. Plants can easily be tied down with plastic ties, and you can guide the branches to the empty sections of your screen. As the plants grow, they will branch out, and you'll get a crop of massive buds that have access to the light on which they thrive! :thumb:

Hi King,

I am employing the netting to keep the plants upright. You will notice I have not posted any pics of the second crop, the plants got too tall and a lot fell over, lost a couple buds in the back, due to lack of air flow.

My first crop I did some of the “manifolding” (the term I heard) to create multiple colas, it did work very well.

My guru is suggesting another approach, keep the stem only, one cola only. I should be removing all the extra..
I believe that this forces all the growth in to this one area.
Big advantage is this produces a crop really fast.

Each time you clip the top to create a split it takes a week or so to catch up to where it was before the cut.

If you want one big long grow, that would be my way to go.

For now I was going to concentrate more on the speed of the crop.

Once I get a mom or two and creating clones on demand my goal is 10 plants every 12 weeks.

For now, I am just looking for experience, I am trying to crawl up the curve as fast as possible, I almost think I need a massive warehouse to do many different grow methods at once… #DreamBig

Any thoughts or suggestions?

How big is that space your in again bud ?

Just confused most people go about 10-12 inches then have scrog net start they also clean I late bet 25% of the underneathe leaving the to 75%.

Curious to see what you can do though man

Hi Backlipslide,

doing some digging on this new word "SCROG", thanks to Kingjoe83 for the heads up.

this is used as a method to control the growth direction of the stems, keep them horizontal and allowing the light to reach all the plant.
if I understand this correctly.

for me, with this crop, my goal is just keep the plants standing when they bud up.

this will be a method on a crop soon... sigh

got lots to learn about this thou, thanks again to you and King for the direction!

The main concept behind the SCROG method is that instead of growing a single top bud, you can grow multiple colas under your light. As your plants grow through the screen, you simply pull them back down and tie the branches to the screen. This creates more budding sites and allows you to maximize your indoor marijuana harvest. Plants can easily be tied down with plastic ties, and you can guide the branches to the empty sections of your screen. As the plants grow, they will branch out, and you'll get a crop of massive buds that have access to the light on which they thrive! :thumb:

Another update.

some more research and another chat with my buddy and I get the idea now.

came home and used the netting to pull the branches apart as I can now, things will work a bit better when they get a bit taller.

I will work on keeping the light penetrating to the bottom as best I can.

update and pics as things happen.

many thanks again for the heads up. I knew about some of the angles, but was missing a bunch of the picture!

so glad you guys are here, helping us newbies!

Hi Backlipslide,

doing some digging on this new word "SCROG", thanks to Kingjoe83 for the heads up.

this is used as a method to control the growth direction of the stems, keep them horizontal and allowing the light to reach all the plant.

for me, with this crop, my goal is just keep the plants standing when they bud up.

got lots to learn about this thou, thanks again to you and King for the direction!

Hi Backlipslide,

I got these yolo thingys too off Amazon to help if it gets that bad lol

Which is a great problem to have lol

Talking about this issue lol

Another update.

some more research and another chat with my buddy and I get the idea now.

came home and used the netting to pull the branches apart as I can now, things will work a bit better when they get a bit taller.

I will work on keeping the light penetrating to the bottom as best I can.

update and pics as things happen.

many thanks again for the heads up. I knew about some of the angles, but was missing a bunch of the picture!

so glad you guys are here, helping us newbies!
Good to hear you have a better understanding bud.
Now grow and fill that netting up keep as even canopy as you can if stretch starts to get bad super crop or tie down . Or buy these hangers it's a hook that is on a rachet hanger but like 12 for 15$ zon.

Grow Journal Update!

I have a couple new pics for you all today.

The girls.
Dec_6_1.jpg

They are getting tall, my buddy tells me that I have my light to high, making them stretch.
Got one hitting the light, getting burned, any suggestions? Just cut it off and hope or the best or leave it?

My new mother plant, a baby Bubba Kush.
Dec_6_2.jpg

I had a couple more, hit them with some fertilizer too soon, killed the other two clones that rooted. This one survived and is doing well in the under my new 1500W LED light.

Looking forward to making clones for myself going forward.

You could have utilized the scrog net a bit better to help combat that stretch as well. But for right now, supper cropping will be your best friend!

get a firm graspe on that branch towards the net, and bend it over to the bitter point of snapping. The branch will look sad and bent over for a few hours, but if done properly they will bounce back within afew hours and start praying towards the light again, at a different/lower angle then before.

My next video tutorial I do, will be super cropping, but I need my plants to get bigger before I do that.

Oh - you indoor campers!!!! With all your plants and stuff!!! :laughtwo: And I hafta content myself with welding up a new wood furnace!!!!:nervous-guy:I hope I'm a better welder by the time I'm finished!!
We can only hope brother! :rofl: Wish I was closer so you could put my young bones to work and give you a hand at all your tasks! I see you PM’d me, I’m just about to go check it!:ciao:

Oh - you indoor campers!!!! With all your plants and stuff!!! :laughtwo: And I hafta content myself with welding up a new wood furnace!!!!:nervous-guy:I hope I'm a better welder by the time I'm finished!!
I am sure it will be like everything else, experience will teach!
love to learn to weld. I have a good understanding of the process, but never looked at the numbers or gave it a try.

You could have utilized the scrog net a bit better to help combat that stretch as well. But for right now, supper cropping will be your best friend!

get a firm graspe on that branch towards the net, and bend it over to the bitter point of snapping. The branch will look sad and bent over for a few hours, but if done properly they will bounce back within afew hours and start praying towards the light again, at a different/lower angle then before.

My next video tutorial I do, will be super cropping, but I need my plants to get bigger before I do that.

trying, post updated pics soon...

many THANKS!

had 10 minutes before lights out, made the call!

Dec_7_1.jpg

not sure if I should have waited till the beginning of the day?
bend it over, stick it under the netting.

hopefully I didn't do too much damage, I am betting not.

Back
Top Bottom