17 Sq' Oxyponics - 1KW AC - 1st Grow

day 56 (day 26 of flower)
IMG_20121212_185659.jpg

Im going to take cuttings this weekend. As soon as I have some rooted clones and get them vegged up some I'll start my 1st grow journal. Cant wait. The 8 by 8 is def. roomy, almost too much room but not for long:) Last thing I wanted was buyers remorse from not having enough room. To be honest the Secret Jardin's intense line is overrated, should've got a gorilla

day 58 (day 28 of flower)
flush and fill
1/3 nutes
IMG_20121214_115714.jpg

I'm wondering the same thing., maybe second grow I will ramp up.

you have a very nice set up the double bucket drip system bubblers is very good. your system is going to work for you just fine as you learn how to use it. i would move every peace of equipment out side the tent and pipe it in. air.water ventalation ect. it will give the plants more room and the equipment wont over heat itself or the tent space. as you learn about your system and your plants it is best to let them grow and not trim or do anything special to them as you said this is a learning process for you. but the research you have put in to make the decission to put together a system like this has impressed me for a first time grower. if you got the money this is by far one of the top systems someone could have. i wouldnt use the co2 for this grow. only as a bug [killer]solver. a high concentration of co2 is what i do to kill off bugs that may get in from hitching a ride on me lmao. when useing co2 a temp increese is a necesity for the plants to even be able to use it. alot of reseach has been done on that. a cat breaths out enough co2 in an 12 hr period to suplly plants with all they can intake. just an example of the concentration needed. i exhaust air from my bed room where we sleep to put co2 into my grow space useing a small bathroom fan in my attic. and my co2 concentration is planty over what plants need. so keep the co2 system cause it is the best way to kill bugs with out chems or other natural ways. and it is cheep if refilled from an hvac supplier.hydro stores are more expensive. i sent a friend request to ya so i would like to watch and advise ya along the way if ya dont mind. you put alot of effort and $$$ into your system. once you get through your first grow you will have learned alot especially if ya just let them grow about 1/2 up and them flower and wait till bud main leaf starts to yellow. it is very important for first time growers to learn about the plants they have selected and let the plant teach ya as it grows. this less ya do to the plants the more you learn from your plants.also put your dy cycle on 12/12 and for 1 hr at nite for the whole veg state. to much lite can and will harm plants or not give you enough info as they grow to learn from them. all the advice you have been given so far is good and or great advice it is a combo of basic and advanced tecniques. you need to get the basics down of your plants so well it is like breathing.KNOW YOUR PLANT first. then go on to advanced stuff. you will find out that not all advanced stuff works for every strain, space , condition ect. and you will over a few grows learn everything you need to be expert of your plants. POST PICS EVERY FEW DAYS OR WEEKS.. ask only this . what do ya think and learn from the others. specific questions need lots of info with them so let the 420 crowd ask you for specics. most all the growers here are really really good at what they do for their plants and systems and most will help ya. but needing to know all your details. ferts used and how much. what kind of light and how far ect ect ect are needed to help you diagnose problems or issues that may arise as your grow continues. but moving most or all the equipment out of the tent is good adice and as where to place it vents . humidifer ect is all up to you as hot air rises and cooler heavyer gases drop but a good set up will move the air where needed and help the plants in a very noticeable way. have fun and keep me posted when you have time.

day 59 (day 29 of flower)
IMG_20121215_180926.jpg

Yes, it's the first time I ever grew. I started reading at another old familiar cannabis magazines website, got some great info there. Enough info to know that I needed more info, so I kept looking and stumbled upon 420magazine.com I haven't needed to go anywhere else.

This site helped me make my shopping list, along with researching the items sold at my local hydroponics store (with all their inventory on a website.) I ended up overspending.

I think the a/c may not ever see any use, my fans and filters are bigger than necessary, and then there's co2. Using a timer, I only used co2 for veg for 15 minutes for every hour that the lights were on. But with two months in a cloner, my new clones are already gonna be huge...maybe take a week or two under the MH before switching to flower for 60 days.

This is day 32 for the cuttings/clones.
IMG_20121215_183444.jpg

I trimmed about half the clones roots length last week.
IMG_20121215_183501.jpg

Hey bunches,
Are you using CO2 from the bottle for 15 mins every hour??
Because even at the lowest setting possible, 15 minutes of gas in that little tent, is WAY too much..
In a little tent like that, bottle is overkill. Unless you run 1 minute on every 30 minutes..even that would fill that thing to almost 1800 PPM.
trust me, I have a CO2 meter and have been doing lots of tests to get just enough CO2 for my 5x5x6 tent, without OD'ing them. Having to combine bottle with DIY bubblers to get a balance.
Too much CO2 will choke them to death, so less is more..
That's why I think you'd benefit much more from a DIY fermentation system instead.
Plus by the looks of it, you don't need crazy explosive growth in that prop tent. Shit's almost maxed out as it is.
With 30 days left until you can get into the flowering room, you're gunna have issues..
maybe try some LST to try and slow down those outer branches perhaps..
I'd maybe pull all those dying and yellow leaves, they're just leaching energy..

Anyway, just some things for you to think about..:cheesygrinsmiley:

cuttings day 32 in cloner after being trimmed and LST.
IMG_20121215_195823.jpg

wow,
Did you just do that right after my post??
That was fast!!
:thumb:

I think I've quit using co2 for now. But yes, I had been giving them 15 minutes of co2 every hour during veg.

for most c02 is over kill. i use it only for killing bugs. as i pipe my bedroom air in to the grow room. when we sleep and my garden is on they get more then they can use and dont overdose. but enough intake freash air will give ya enough. to get plants to tale up more is a temp increese and that can bring its own problems as well. one thing i do notice with co2 during flowering they seem to like it when they start to explode. about the last half of the cycle. but ever since i but a fan from room to room i havent needed to use c02. as they get enough from us. also one of my cats like the room to sleep in during the day cycle about the time they want to start flowwering so she gets locked in each day for the 8 to 12 week part. with food,water and box. lol when i started putting her in there i had a noticble growth factor increese so now she is a part of the system lmao. :)

I would be careful allowing pets in the grow room. Just because they can bring pests along with them. Dealing with spider mites or some other pest is such a pain in the ass, I wouldn't take the risk!

indoor only cat. and spider mites are easy to kill off during any stage if ya know what to do.also the cat dosent eat the weed she loves the private small warm spot she lays in. i have 8 indoor cats and one is a pot head so he dont get near my plants but i put a few leaf out for them to chew and they like it as much as cat nip.

I disagree about spider mites being easy to get rid of. I've only had them twice in 12 years or so, but its not so easy if you don't want to spray a bunch of chemicals on your plants. I was able to control them both times, but it was quite the battle. Ever since I have made keeping my grow rooms as clean as possible and I don't allow the pets in there either. I look at it as a safety measure, but its your room, your choice. I figured I would throw it out there in case you hadn't thought of it.
Peace

day 61 for plants (day 31 of flower)
day 32 for clones
IMG_20121217_194157.jpg
IMG_20121217_194218.jpg
IMG_20121217_195410.jpg
IMG_20121217_195423.jpg

With an entire month left, I could go either way. I decided to just keep on with 1/3 nutes ... and then next grow switch to full nutes, or maybe 3/4 nutes. Maybe some experienced growers will chime in. I just don't want to overfeed them.

What I'm feeding them now is Sensi-Bloom

use co2 up your concintration and seal your space all exhaust off. 19% co2 enviroment kills them off. i have done it a few times every couple days for a day till the mite grow cycle is completed. you just have to exhaust the room before going back in there.
or if ya have to use sesame seed oil spray. sesamee seed oil is toxic to mites so a few applications wipes them out and dosent hurt the plants. there are many ways to make safe and efective sprays that kill harmfull pests and are organic and safe to the plant.
and mites hate cold and wind. so lowering space temp really slows them and putting fans on high they hang on and dont move then easy to spray. a small amout of cheep liquid dish soap in the solutions break down the eggs protection as well.
i get mites on the outdoor crops every year. i just spray them a few times. even neem oil works. but on the outdoor i also get lady bugs[bettles] and praying mantis cause in so cal alot of out door bugs love weed. mostly the other plants keep them away. cat nip, mints, garlic, green onions ect.

Back
Top Bottom