1st Ever Grow: 450W LED, Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

re: 1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

I believe if you have less plants in a small area it recieves more light and a higher yield
IMG_20170228_082200.jpg

This is a northern lights auto I just harvested started with 2 plants in the cabinet but separated them because of space.
IMG_20170307_210120211.jpg

This was her main cola

300w led and cfl's in cabinet. 1000w led and cfl's in tent. Now that my northern lights is done I moved the 300w to the tent also. I've not topped autos but am a firm believer in LST and scrog this was a scrog set up it topped out at 14" and yielded over 600g wet. Main cola was 55g.

300w led and cfl's in cabinet. 1000w led and cfl's in tent. Now that my northern lights is done I moved the 300w to the tent also. I've not topped autos but am a firm believer in LST and scrog this was a scrog set up it topped out at 14" and yielded over 600g wet. Main cola was 55g.
So would you say a viparspectra 450w and 300w led wouldn't be enough for 4 plants in a 32" x 32" tent? I thought it would be OK considering how small the dark devil's get.

1st Ever Grow - 450W LED Blueberry Kush Auto & Candy Cane Auto

So would you say a viparspectra 450w and 300w led wouldn't be enough for 4 plants in a 32" x 32" tent? I thought it would be OK considering how small the dark devil's get.

No I'm sure it is plenty of light. Just saying with fewer plants more light means higher yields. I am a firm believer in LST training for autos. All of your lower bud sites will get better light and result in more larger buds. Try an experiment. Complete this grow with the 4 plants and chart your yield and then your next grow try 1 or 2 plants with training and see the yield. I think you will be surprised.

Im thinking I'll keep it. However, I don't think I will be topping the little one. I have 2 dark devil autos coming in soon that Im going to plant along with these two. I'll probably end up adding another 300w light. But I'll keep this little girl in there just to see the outcome. What about you? Thinking of tossing it?

I decided imma keep mine also, I'm gonna top it tho. I figure it's already gonna have a low yield might as well try and buff that a lil -♂️

I decided imma keep mine also, I'm gonna top it tho. I figure it's already gonna have a low yield might as well try and buff that a lil -♂️
I might change my mind later down the road as well. It all depends on how she decides to grow.
No I'm sure it is plenty of light. Just saying with fewer plants more light means higher yields. I am a firm believer in LST training for autos. All of your lower bud sites will get better light and result in more larger buds. Try an experiment. Complete this grow with the 4 plants and chart your yield and then your next grow try 1 or 2 plants with training and see the yield. I think you will be surprised.
I might end up doing that next depending on what I go with. I'm on a time constraint right now and won't be able to grow for a while after this one so I'm trying to get the most out of it. Plus I'm a real big noob to this so the more plants, the more test subjects to see how green or black my thumb really is . .

Really? I've heard lots of debate on the light schedule but nothing definitive.

Anyone else back up this statement?

I'd like to see proof on this also. Everything I've read-and seemingly available to read- about using 12/12 with autos lowers yields despite using LST techniques.

They're literally genetically modified (engineered) to not require the same photo sensitive light cycle as regular feminized seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'd like to see proof on this also. Everything I've read-and seemingly available to read- about using 12/12 with autos lowers yields despite using LST techniques.

They're literally genetically modified (engineered) to not require the same photo sensitive light cycle as regular feminized seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I beg to differ my 1st northern lights yielded 3 1/4oz dry under 18/6 light schedule this northern lights yielded 624g wet which should yield approximately 200g dry figuring loosing 2/3 weight. That's approximately double the dry weight 12/12 vs 18/6. But it took 139 days start to finish vs 90 days 18/6. Crop King also told me the yields would be much higher. My $.02 it makes me a believer but like I said it added almost 60 days to the grow

I beg to differ my 1st northern lights yielded 3 1/4oz dry under 18/6 light schedule this northern lights yielded 624g wet which should yield approximately 200g dry figuring loosing 2/3 weight. That's approximately double the dry weight 12/12 vs 18/6. But it took 139 days start to finish vs 90 days 18/6. Crop King also told me the yields would be much higher. My $.02 it makes me a believer but like I said it added almost 60 days to the grow
139 days seems to defeat the purpose of growing an auto though. At least for my circumstances. Good to know it's ability to push longer though.

139 days seems to defeat the purpose of growing an auto though. At least for my circumstances. Good to know it's ability to push longer though.

You are right. I like the autos for a fast harvest with moderate yield but I started a northern lights auto and candy cane auto together but the candy cane turned out to be the sour Jack fem instead. And since I started them in the same cabinet I had to switch 12/12 to get it to flower. However​ I had to separate them because my 24x36 cabinet wasn't big enough

I suppose if one is willing to sacrifice the expedited grow time of an auto...but it really does seem to defeat the purpose.
The lure (for most) is the ease and quick turn around of an auto grow.
If you're almost doubling the cycle of an auto you may as well grow photos at that point IMO.

Back
Top Bottom