re: 1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

420-magazine-mobile1554520517.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1377599483.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110241032.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1530390442.jpg
420-magazine-mobile723317371.jpg
420-magazine-mobile969190354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2069991848.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. Just got off of work and I'm dead tired. .

So any suggestions on adding two dark devil autos? It's a 32" X 32" tent so I feel like the space is a little compact and adding another 450w led would really jack up the heat I'm there. Could I get a good yield with just adding a 300w?
Thanks everyone .

I believe my first watering was on the 9th, so a week after they had been above soil. I made the typical noob mistake and probably ended up with closer to 50% runoff rather than 20% lol. But they should hold over for another 3-4 days at least I think before I have to water again. I do it about an hour or two after they wake up as well. However that might change and I'll have to start watering them 3 hours prior to lights out.

Well right now I have the viparspectra 450W led that has switches for veg and bloom. I am debating on pulling the trigger on buying abother one. I just found out my Dark Devil Auto seeds will be here this week so I'm thinking about planting two of those alongside these but that decision is still way up in the air. The other choice is to buy a 300W LED and put one plant under it for veg and flower alongside my 450W.

Whats the reasoning behind this if you dont mind me asking? Will having different strains have effect on the yield or taste?

Taste or yield? Not that I heard of. But it just a personal taste, I like to keep my gardens "organized". for example, I don't like to water all my plants at the same time, I prefer to do it on the need basis. Some strain react differently to lights proximity or environment, so by keeping same strains grouped, I feel that I can maximize the quality of my grow. That being, more experienced grower than me see no problem in growing different strain together, I find that it can be challenging at times. One thing to not do though is to grow a sativa with an indica, it'll definitely screw your garden. hope that explain why I said that.

Hey JohnnyC, I don't have the Viparspectra; I have a different (and much more expensive) 450 LED that pulls about 255 w from the wall in bloom mode. It's actually TRA3GO who has the vipar, but if I remember correctly, the Vipar pulls slightly more than mine.

I'm actually thinking of getting a vipar to run with mine as the core coverage of mine is only 3 X 2 and I have a 4 X 4 tent.

Hey JohnnyC, I don't have the Viparspectra; I have a different (and much more expensive) 450 LED that pulls about 255 w from the wall in bloom mode. It's actually TRA3GO who has the vipar, but if I remember correctly, the Vipar pulls slightly more than mine.

I'm actually thinking of getting a vipar to run with mine as the core coverage of mine is only 3 X 2 and I have a 4 X 4 tent.
So greengostar, what are your thoughts on running 2 450w in a 32"X32" ⛺?
Hey greengostarr how is the viparspectra 450 how much wattage does it draw from wall

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I like it a lot. The quoted consumed wattage is 200w.

1st Ever Grow - 450W LED Blueberry Kush Auto & Candy Cane Auto

Hey TRA3GO,

as far as light coverage goes, I think the two 450s together is a great idea for maximum coverage in a 4 x 4. Admittedly, the bloom mode does generate more heat than the veg cycle but my 450 was perfect for temps during winter, averaging around 24 C (75 F). This may become an issue with two running side by side, especially in warmer climes, but I'm not expecting it to be too problematic with the summer temps here. I'm definitely looking to get a Vipara in the next couple of weeks, just in time for flowering on my current grow.

Hey TRA3GO,

as far as light coverage goes, I think the two 450s together is a great idea for maximum coverage in a 4 x 4. Admittedly, the bloom mode does generate more heat than the veg cycle but my 450 was perfect for temps during winter, averaging around 24 C (75 F). This may become an issue with two running side by side, especially in warmer climes, but I'm not expecting it to be too problematic with the summer temps here. I'm definitely looking to get a Vipara in the next couple of weeks, just in time for flowering on my current grow.
Being in the southern US temps are already starting to spike. Just withe the grow switch on temps are at 77F. I'm worried that adding two 450w will increase the heat to over 85F. Idk if I should bite the bullet on the purchase and cross the heat problem bridge when I get there; or find other means to add additional lighting....

One thing I do to lower humidity during flowering is to place a gallon bottle of water frozen solid sitting in a container. The moisture in the air condenses on the sides of the bottle and collects in the container below. I empty this water periodically and, once the ice has thawed out I simply replace the gallon bottle and rinse and repeat. You could always do something similar but place the iced bottle between your fan and the plants and it will act like an evaporative cooler. This, however, could be a problem if you also have high humidity and high temps as it would put the moisture back into the air rather than condensing it out.

One thing I do to lower humidity during flowering is to place a gallon bottle of water frozen solid sitting in a container. The moisture in the air condenses on the sides of the bottle and collects in the container below. I empty this water periodically and, once the ice has thawed out I simply replace the gallon bottle and rinse and repeat. You could always do something similar but place the iced bottle between your fan and the plants and it will act like an evaporative cooler. This, however, could be a problem if you also have high humidity and high temps as it would put the moisture back into the air rather than condensing it out.
How often do you have to replace it? My humidity stays at mid 40s but the carbon filter and fan usually suck all my humidity out that I try to add so something like this just might do the trick.

How often do you have to replace it? My humidity stays at mid 40s but the carbon filter and fan usually suck all my humidity out that I try to add so something like this just might do the trick.

The gallon bottle of ice lasts me about 10 -12 hours before I replace it. I always keep one in the freezer so it's just a matter of swapping them over when one has thawed. I plan on getting a thermometer/hygrometer and I'd be interested to see how much impact on RH it has in my set up. And if you are averaging mid 40s RH, you should definitely try and lift that during vegging.

As for topping your babies, most growers will top when they are between 3 and 6 nodes.

420-magazine-mobile2001282442.jpg

Was out of town for a few days and man these things grow quick! Wondering if it's time for topping? Pennywise what are your thoughts?

Top the one on the right and the other you could wait a few days. As long as you can get into the top you can safely top them.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile246353113.jpg

Gonna be adding two of these lovely ladies to the tent here in the next day or so. Really unsure if I should do the straight to soil again or try the paper towel method... Straight to soil worked awesome last time but I want to be a little more careful with these.

Also is there a way to change the title of my grow journal or should I just start a new one for the dark devil's?

I have yet to find a way to edit the title. So you can either add them to this journal or start another.

If I were growing in soil, I would either germinate them in situ or else in jiffy pots and then up plant them.

Looking good Tra how old is the bigger one 2 weeks? Those will flourish

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yup and I can't wait! .

I have yet to find a way to edit the title. So you can either add them to this journal or start another.

If I were growing in soil, I would either germinate them in situ or else in jiffy pots and then up plant them.

Situ?

In situ means in place or in position, i.e. leave them where they germinate.

And yep, just snip that little bit in the middle.

here's a nice tutorial, just remove the spaces from the link

ww w.grow weedeasy. com/topping-fiming

Just take the top off just above the leaf youre holding.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Back
Top Bottom