1st Ever Grow: 450W LED, Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

re: 1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

420-magazine-mobile1765230197.jpg

Today I fed for the first time with FF kelp me kelp you to both blueberry Kush autos. Also I soaked 2 5 gal buckets and added my dark devil autos . hopefully they pop in the next few days. It'll be another month before I can get the additional 450w led to add to the tent. Hopefully they can all make use of just the one until then.

I've heard you should cover/paint the outside of these home Depot buckets so roots don't get exposure to light and die. Anyone grow with them before and have this problem?

1st Ever Grow - 450W LED Blueberry Kush Auto & Candy Cane Auto

I don't know what home depot buckets are, but if they are clear plastic or translucent then you should most definitely paint or cover them. This is why all growing pots are either black or a dark colour.

I don't know what home depot buckets are, but if they are clear plastic or translucent then you should most definitely paint or cover them. This is why all growing pots are either black or a dark colour.

I'd go with grow bags, cheap and I've only heard good things

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1765230197.jpg

Today I fed for the first time with FF kelp me kelp you to both blueberry Kush autos. Also I soaked 2 5 gal buckets and added my dark devil autos . hopefully they pop in the next few days. It'll be another month before I can get the additional 450w led to add to the tent. Hopefully they can all make use of just the one until then.

I've heard you should cover/paint the outside of these home Depot buckets so roots don't get exposure to light and die. Anyone grow with them before and have this problem?

1st Ever Grow - 450W LED Blueberry Kush Auto & Candy Cane Auto

Hey man how are your stipules looking on the stem itself?? I was curious if you could snap a photo of them or tell me if they are sitting straight up or crossing each other.
In case you weren't sure what that is...
420-magazine-mobile654457083.jpg

Hey man how are your stipules looking on the stem itself?? I was curious if you could snap a photo of them or tell me if they are sitting straight up or crossing each other. I'm kinda conducting a little experiment to see if that means they are male or female.
In case you weren't sure what that is...
420-magazine-mobile654457083.jpg

Hundreds of years ago, when I was growing outdoors, I used the stipules to weed out the males. I was told that if the stipules were crossed it was male, uncrossed female. Using this method, I never had a single male in the crop (sometimes some hermies), but have recently seen female plants with both crossed and uncrossed stipules. Did I inadvertently cull a load of females as well? All in all it didn't really matter as I always germinated at least twice the number of seeds that I needed.

It appears that the current consensus is that stipules are not an accurate indicator of sex and the only truly accurate indicator is the preflowers.

Hundreds of years ago, when I was growing outdoors, I used the stipules to weed out the males. I was told that if the stipules were crossed it was male, uncrossed female. Using this method, I never had a single male in the crop (sometimes some hermies), but have recently seen female plants with both crossed and uncrossed stipules. Did I inadvertently cull a load of females as well? All in all it didn't really matter as I always germinated at least twice the number of seeds than I needed.

It appears that the current consensus is that stipules are not an accurate indicator of sex and the only truly accurate indicator is the preflowers.

You're right it is not accurate but I'm always curious because everyone says different. Just something else to keep me occupied lol

It should make absolutely no difference to you at all. I think winginit is just conducting his own research.

And for his information, of my seven babies, not one has crossed stipules. And I know my 3 revegged clones are female and the others are a feminised auto and 3 feminised photo WWXBBs.

Yea the light was too close if the leaf did that, its a sign of heat stress i believe. The discoloration on the tips looks like a little nute burn. Have you been feeding them? I wouldnt worry about it, means your plants are taking up those nutes you're feeding it! Just hold back a little if it gets worse.

300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

Yea the light was too close if the leaf did that, its a sign of heat stress i believe. The discoloration on the tips looks like a little nute burn. Have you been feeding them? I wouldnt worry about it, means your plants are taking up those nutes you're feeding it! Just hold back a little if it gets worse.

300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow
I only added FF - kelp me kelp you last feed. I didn't think that would be enough to burn it .

1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

Back
Top Bottom