1st Grow, 2 Noobs, Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite, LEDs & CFLs

Hey Kabbal, thanks for dropping in and posting the advice. I started this first grow as an experiment in order to learn what to do and what not to do. I have gotten a lot of great advice here especially from a Bro JimmyJames905 but like the hard head that I am, I still screwed things up. LOL These plants are 58 days old today. I'm planning on taking them to bloom but first I'm going to correct their deficiencies. Yesterday I got my FOX FARMS OCEAN FORREST SOIL, CAL/MAG, and GEN. HYD. FLORA/MICRO. I'm going to start giving it the CAL/MAG today. I'm not going to give it any more NUTES with N until I turn them to 12/12. I have them on 20/4 right now.I have some regular Skunk seeds and I have been using my USB Microscope and a video that's on one of the pages here in this journal. Well, so far I have sexed supposedly eight females, that's going to be my next grow journal, that's when I'm going to use my FOX FARM. Right now I'm just trying to get it right so I don't mess up good Genetics in the future. Thanks for stopping in, and check in from time to time see how things are progressing.

Well we're 58 days into my mystery bean experiment. Sex (unknown), Gene pool (unknown), Strain (unknown). Basically I don't know anything. Since popping out I have over watered them, I have PH locked them, quite possibly N toxicity. You name it I have probably done it to them. I watered them today with a Cal/Mag solution. The instructions said 1 tsp to gal of water. I used 3/4 of a tsp to a gal of filtered tap water. Solution PH'd to 6.58 and watered them with 1 pint 16 ozs of solution per plant. PH'd the run off of each plant and they read as follows. From left to right plant #1-6.4, plant #2-6.55, plant #3-6.52, and plant #4-6.45
I didn't give them any of the FloraMicro because it has an (N) content of 5% and the Cal?mag has an (N) content of 1% with 5% Cal and 1.5% Mag. So without further BS here are their pics.
plant_431.jpg
plant_341.jpg
plant_262.jpg
plant_174.jpg
20170224_181552.jpg

Well I would appreciate any comments or thoughts on what is going on with youngsters as I am still trying to get it right.
God Bless. Keep it Green, Keep it Growing

well, on Wednesday 2/22 I purchased my new FOX FARM OCEAN FORREST SOIL plus General Hydroponics CAL/MAG 1-0-0 and FloaMicro 5-0-1 with the intentions of correcting the deficiencies I had created with my plants. However, I had not read the label on the the FloraMicro bottle and had not noticed that it had a high rate of "N" of 5% to it so needless to say I did not use it in the solution which I made with the CAL/MAG. I don't want to add anymore "N" than I absolutely have to so that I don't have an overabundance of Nitrogen when I turn them over to bloom to finish this experiment. I waited till Friday 2/24 to water the plants as I wanted them to dry out some from the previous watering. I have to say that in the past two days they have made the most progress that have noticed in the last 60 days. So I will post side by side pics of the plants 2 days ago and today in a little while. I still see signs of deficiencies or some other types of problems. So many of the problems that can arise look like some thing else, I guess like everything else in life it takes time and experience to be able to tell them apart. But if anyone visits and can tell me what is going on I definitely will appreciate it. For now I will just say 'talk to you folks later' :peacetwo:.

Hey Fam, here are the pics the pics side by side of 2 days ago and today.
Picture plant #1
226-1.jpg

Picture plant #2
226-2.jpg

Picture plant #3
226-3.jpg

Picture plant #4 the one I call the runt
226-4.jpg

If anyone notices anything wrong please let me know to see if I can get it corrected. Thanks in advance. Jorgie

This makes me so happy for you! I just knew you would get it figured out. You now how the pH correct and just by reading the labels and using lower doses, you are already having that green thumb. They look healthy and on the way to a full recovery. Your next set of problems will be what you don't know yet (part of the fun) I. Going to predict it will be lighting issues, temps and RH. You can prevent this now by getting proper distance and ensuring your environments are dialed in. Your grows have been stunted big time but they will bounce back. Your next grow will definitely benefit from all this knowledge you are getting now. Pics are always good keep posting so we can help :) cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have been looking at an LED on amazon it goes for $139.00 it's a 450 watt reflector lamp with 200 true watt full spectrum LED.

If you notice my nephew and I were supposed to doing this together but he ducked out on me just when things started getting interesting. However, I am sticking with this to the end. I believe that this lamp will work perfect for my immediate grow area as real estate is at a premium in my house, that's why I picked this closet in our second bedroom which isn't much of a bedroom. I'm just going to go ahead and make the effort to get it this month coming and see how it works, then I can just use the lights I currently have for seedlings and beginning of the vegging cycle.

Hey Kab, I was wondering should I be thinking about replanting these guys? They are 61 days old from seed, planning on letting them get about 1 foot tall before turning them to 12/12. I'm really not caring too much about yield from this grow I just want to take to the end and see who's a male and who's a female and get things somewhat dialed in for the next grow.

You should start to see sexing of plant any day now. Just remember you had maybe a week of growth setback from defeciencies. Transplanting will be great. For the root zone as by now when you take the plant out of its current pot, I'm 99% sure you have roots circling. Giving them more space in another pot will do wonders. If done right, you will cause no shock to the plant. Happy roots=happy plant. Go for smart pots 5 gallon. Glad you aren't giving up and are already thinking about next grow. Don't give up. Know that your strain may explode during flowering.

My advice, find out sex asap. Throw away males. Keep females and start training the plants so they don't get too tall. (LST) Dial in even more on watering and feeding schedules. It should be water with normal pH water then nutrients on next watering and back and forth. The training is important if you are limited in space as your plants can double or triple in size during the stretch phase.

OK, took all 4 plants and put them on my desk, put them under the microscope and tried to sex them. Saw plenty of stipules and growth tips but no sac's or calyx's. will wait a few more days and try again. I did see a couple of bugs that looked like some type of mite. Also saw what looked like white powdery mold on the baby I had recently popped. I took her and threw it away soil, solo cup and all. Tomorrow first thing I will go to lowes and get some NEEM OIL CONCENTRATE and start spraying everything as well as cleaning everything with a chlorine solution. Time to get busy and do some killing. I even took my croton plants out. I will also wait a few more days till the plants dry out from the watering 2 days ago and I see some signs of sex from them before replanting them.

Back
Top Bottom