1st Grow, 2 Noobs, Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite, LEDs & CFLs

"DON'T EVER START YOUR SEEDS IN 6 INCH CLAY POTS". first they hold too much water, second they hold too much of the temperature hot or cold, third the plants have to grow into them before they start growing up, and forth the roots attach themselves to the clay and are a bitch to get off when transplanting time comes along.

Sounds like someone has learned a VERY VALUABLE lesson :) I am glad. They are going to start thriving my friend!

Next up is to learn how to NOT OVERFEED. Feeding schedule is, water with nutes, next watering just ph water with maybe molasses or kelp. Then nutrients feed then water etc... until you learn how the plants respond this is usually safe. Stick with Veg until they fully heal and blow up.

Alright folks so this is what happened last night during replant and topping.
I knew I wasn't going to have enough of the soil I had begun this grow to replant the four plants. So I did the next best thing, I mixed the first soil with equal parts of Fox Farms Ocean Forest with it and began the transplant. However, when I got to plant #4 I ran out of soil so plant four which is the one I call the "RUNT" got even more FFOF soil.
"HERE ARE THE PICS OF THE PLANTS BEFORE THEIR NEW HOMES"

PLANT #1
20170303_202800.jpg

PLANT #2
20170303_202808.jpg

PLANT #3
20170303_211722.jpg

PLANT #4 THE RUNT
20170303_212755.jpg

After setting them in their final home till harvest this is what they look like today:

20170304_172518.jpg
20170304_172532.jpg
20170304_172536.jpg

As you can see I have no more space. Since I started this grow "Experiment" I have always thought that the "Runt" is a female, just a hunch from what I have read and what I've seen watching them grow. I hope I'm right

Good Afternoon Family, I was looking at the grow area, the plants, and thermo/hygrometer and with the weather being so nice today. I noticed that it had gotten to the point that it was 90 degrees in the closet with an RH of only 38% and that's because I had spritzed the plants earlier this morning. I have been runing (5) LED 10watt 5000k bulbs and (8) CFL 23watt 5000k bulbs. That's alot of heat being made in that enclosed space with no exhaust except for me opening the closet door during the day. I looked at the lights and thought about the sun, the suns light doesn't change its colors, only its intensity. So I went and got (4) LED 10watt 2700k bulbs and replaced 4 of the CFL's. That should cool things down a little and instead of running 50watts of 5000k LED's and 184watts of 5000k CFL's for a total of 234watts, I'm only running 50watts 5000k LED's 40watts 2700k LED's and 92watts 5000k CFL's for a total of 182watts, which saves me 52watts to the plug. It also gives the plants more of a fuller spectrum with the 2700k bulbs which hopefully they will like better. "I can't wait for my light to come".
Also a little update on the children, plant #1 seems to be indifferent to the replant while plant #2 seems to be enloying the hell out of it spreading its leaves and just plain growing. Plant #3 is somewhat a mix of plant 1 & 2 it's perky and growing but slower than plant 2. Plant #4 "The Runt" seems to be the one hardest hit by the replant and topping, it just looks sad while the other 3 are perky.
Pictures to follow after a while, have to pry the Cell from the wife's hands. LOL
OOOOps I had made a booboo on my secondary calculations of wattage to the plug. It's 40 watts 2700k LED's 182watts total and 52watts savings. It's been edited and saved, my bad sorry.

So here are the pictures I finally got the Cell Phone of the wifey.

Plant #1
20170305_181530.jpg

Plant #2
20170305_181539.jpg

Plant #3
20170305_181547.jpg

And Plant #4 (The Runt)
20170305_181557.jpg

I wanted to start training them so that I would be one step closer when they finally show sex but I guess I'll give them time to recover for about a week or two before I start bending and twisting them.
Love ya'll. God Bless. Keep it Green, Keep it Growing.
:circle-of-love:

So I was thinking that "the runt" was looking sad because of the replant and the topping. NOPE! It turns out that since I didn't have enough the old crappy soil to do the replant I mixed it with the same amount of FFOF which is a premium soil with lots of goodies in it for the plants to absorb.I didn't take that into account when I watered them with nutes. They weren't showing stress due to replant they were showing the beginnings of "NUTE BURN", and the RUNT plant #4 was showing the worst becase it got more FFOF than the others. If you look at pics from the previous post you can see it. I took them today and flushed them with fresh PH water and they immediately started showing signs of getting better. I'm thinking I was correct in my diagnosis. I hope they recover quickly. here are some pictures of them after the flush.
Plant #1
221101.jpg

Plant #2
222103.jpg

Plant #3
223100.jpg

Plant #4 "The Runt"
22474.jpg

There is nothing wrong with a little nute burn. I push my plants out hard to get just the tips of the leaves to burn so I know my threshold. Now that you know yours, you can start to dial it in. Keep in mind the bigger the plant and as it grows, you must compensate. That plant with the leaf curling and clawing was already sick. The one that looks yellowish needs Nitrogen. Lower your lights to be around 2 inches away from plants. Or lift the plants to be closer to the lights. It will make a big difference. Jorgie please get a fan in there to help build strong foundation. The fans will also keep pests away and will keep temps proper on the main canopy (highest point of plants).

I do have a fan blowing on them. Plans of putting in an exhaust fan with carbon filter from the room ceiling to the roof turbine vent. see the fan in the picture.
20170224_181552.jpg

Today I got the Earth Juice 'Elements' Bloom "NPK" 0-16-16 and Earth Juice Catalyst. My PH Pen took a shitter sent that one back and ordered a new one, so I'm staying on top of stuff. Thanks for stopping in and for your mentoring, it is really appreciated.

Whoa. I have Prime and I got mine in a few days. What amazon seller was it? You can cancel it and reorder from another seller. This is what I got.

Glad to have another old cat in here. Happy belated birthday. I spent some time this evening and read through your thread.
Wow you have been fighting up hill since those babies broke ground. I can say you have been given some good advice along the way. The biggest factor working against you, one you have no control over, is genetics! I agree with the member who pointed that out early on, and I also believe that using bag seed to set up system and get some recent grow experience is wise. I like you, am an "old head" who put seed out and it did what it did, but that was then. In the now, the number of quality varieties is unbelievable. If you want a wild ride get yourself and auto, and hold on! Harvest in 10 weeks,,,WHAT. yep it really happens that fast. I look forward to following your journey.

Back
Top Bottom