1st Grow, 2 Noobs, Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite, LEDs & CFLs

Good Morning PA, I went to Amazon this morning and did what you said and the shit happened. I don't have Prime and they have been prodding me to get it and of course, I haven't. But it doesn't make sense because on previous occasions that I have ordered it has been processed immediately even if it took a few days to ship. Soooo, I sent Amazon a message asking why. I should get a message within 24 hrs. Maybe I should have gone to fleabay. LOL

Good Morning growguy, thank you for the belated birthday wish and for jumping in here and actually going through the whole 18 pages. As far as fighting uphill all the way, for learning I wouldn't have it any other way. My Dad use to say if the learning comes too easy, you can't appreciate the cost. As far as JimmyJames905 he's a really great person with a lot of knowledge. Really everyone here that has given me their nuggets of wisdom have been awesome. I have been trolling the different seed banks and have been debating whether to go Fem photo or Fem auto. I thank you for your input about going auto, this would give me the opportunity not only to harvest sooner but also not have to set up a second area, one for veg and one for flower it could all happen in the same area. So thanks for the advice and for joining in, I hope to see and hear from you often.

So it turns out that when I returned the PH Pen that died on me they issued me a refund on a gift card and they didn't apply the gift card to my order, so when they tried to get the money from my account I only had the exact amount if they applied the gift card. So now they fixed the problem but it still says that it will take 5 to 8 days which is 14-18 so I just have to wait. One thing I am is patient.

:Namaste:

Sooooo, last night I was looking at the plants and #2 was looking so big and pretty, I decided to twist, bend, tie, and trim. Today it's turned up towards these crappy lights I have them under. Getting the urge to do the same to #3. I'm going to wait till #1 does a little catching up before I mangle it and #4 The Runt is looking like she's on her way to recovery. These plants are remarkable as to the abuse they can take and then bounce back.

Well, I decided to mangle plant #3 also and take some pictures of what they look like. So like they used to say on the dating game "And here they are" God I feel old for remembering that.

so this is what plant #2 looked like before I mangled it

20170307_165418.jpg

and this is what she looks like now

20170308_151357.jpg

the yellow arrows in this next picture is the way I plan on training all the plants
33184.jpg

This is plant #3 before

20170308_151902.jpg
20170308_151914.jpg

and this is after
20170308_152819.jpg
20170308_152830.jpg

I'm thinking I should trim #3 a little more, what do ya'll think

What sort of THC level do you think your mystery beans/strain may have? I have some White Widow auto beans on the way, and some Gold Leaf beans I got half off of on the way. :high-five: Thanks for that recommendation you gave me. I will have a new Journal for those soon enough.

Good Morning Brother, Well from what I felt it had to be a good 10 to 12%. It looked pretty, smelled and tasted great. However, you have to figure that this was a plant that was putting out energy to make seeds, which takes away from making buds and THC. So with things going my way I will have atleast one Female and no hermies. If I get that one good Female it might be 14 to 16%. But I'm not too worried about this grow as far as production. This grow was my experiment to figure things out and get my tools bought and setup. My wife and I are both disabled and live on fixed income so getting everything I need has taken and is taking a little bit of time to put together but it's getting there. The bills come first then the grow plans. I'm doing this for the love of the plant and what it can do. I couldn't afford to spend $50 on good seeds and go through what I have gone through with this grow and the screwing up that comes with learning. "GROWING PAINS". You are very welcome for the info, that's what it's all about. Learn something and pass it on.

:thumb: :yummy:

Good evening everyone, I'm in a sort-of a bitchy mood today. My plants are finally doing good and I should be happy about that, right? Well, I am for the most part. However, you would think that at 71 days from seed they would be showing some signs of sex, nooooo they're not showing anything and they're frustrating the hell out of me. :loopy:
I don't know what's up but it's starting to get on my last nerve and I'm usually pretty cool about stuff. :sorry:
Just venting

Well sitting here in my study looking at my plants and decided to chop up plant #1 maybe take a look at #4 the runt, see if she's well enough to do something with it. That's messed up something in want to call them "her" but I just don't know and don't want to jinx it. Which I know is stupid because the plant already knows what it is and predisposed to do what it's going to do. Some plants would have died already with what I have put these through, so even being of unknown and possibly inferior genetics, these fuckers are hearty fighters. "Good night Mrs. Calabash where ever you are". :biglaugh: Most of you are too young to know who Jimmy Durante is/was.
God I feel old knowing.
Good Night everyone. :peace: God Bless. Keep it Green, Keep it Growing

Are you seeing ANY type of hair sticking out anywhere ? check where the branch and fan leaf meets on the main branch. Take a photo and post it up. Get as close as possible so we can dissect it. Sometimes we can tell what sex is by looking at that even before flower. Other times you just have to flower them to find out. But keep in mind, if the plant has had shock and deficiencies the bounce back will happen and they will show their sex. Your plants have gone through hell and back and patience will be key.

So I decide to twist, bend, tie, and trim the other two plants and re-tie the first two. I ain't even stressing it, I'm just going to go with the flow.
Here are the new pics of the children.

Lets start with plant #1 which I twisted, bent, tied, and trimmed today

20170310_183842.jpg

20170310_184708.jpg

20170310_184542.jpg

This is plant #2 which I did a few days ago and re-tied today

20170310_183618.jpg

This is plant #3 which I did a few days ago also and re-tied today

20170310_191501.jpg

This is plant #4 The Runt which I twisted, bent, tied, and trimmed today also

20170310_185525.jpg

20170310_192003.jpg

20170310_190330.jpg

Hey Brother Kab, Thanks for the encouragement, I was just venting yesterday because of the space thing. However, let me get out the USB Microscope and take some pics for you and see what we see, because I don't see. LMAO I wear glass for close and still don't see anything. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom