1st Grow, 2 Noobs, Mystery Beans In Soil & Vermiculite, LEDs & CFLs

Hi trunkskunk, Thanks for stopping by, if you look through my journal you will see that I have beat the hell out of my plants. My girls are 81 days old from seed. Right now I should be half way through flower. Only way you're going to kill these fuckers is to drown them or do something immensely wrong that they can't recuperate. Don't be afraid to take chances this is my first grow and I'm doing things that I fear will undo what I have done, but the simple fact is there is no wrong or right, there's only growing and learning. I've learned that here. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help.

It's ok to cut off all the plant nodes you just did if you plan on using a special training method, they will bounce back nice BUT pay attention to how the growth works, so in the future you will know how you will train on the next batch. With how you are doing it, shoot for one large cola on each branch. Are you doing a flux?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been thinking about my little grow area, it's definitely too small for 4 plants, that being said unless I use different pots it's still too small for 3 plants. The best thing would be to grow 2 plants to their fullest potential and see what that is. While I've been sitting here in the study reading the paper the wifey went to the store to get some curtain rod clips, well that's what she told me anyway. She came back with these in the picture below. She said she was tired of watching me struggle with the house scissors. Poor baby, I guess she doesn't notice the way my hands shake because of my shoulders. I love my Cutie Pie.

IMG_20170319_144443.jpg

Well I was looking through grow journals and found a couple of journals that show manifolding and fluxing and they seem to me to be the same thing, one guy called Light Addict said he started it he was calling it main lining. Well anyway the way their doing is different but the process looks the same so I guess, yes I am fluxing.

:woohoo:

I was fluxing and didn't even know it.

Hey everybody, so I got the LED light fixture on 3/14/2017 and hung it right away. The plants seemed to be in some kind of distress so I gave them a couple of days to get acclimated to the light. However, I didn't think it was the light. So it had been a week since I had flushed them due to the NUTE BURN. I made up a solution of 1/2 tsp of Earth Juice Catalyst "N-P-K" .05-.01-.10, 1/4 tsp of Earth Juice "Elements" Bloom "N-P-K" 0-16-16, and 1/4 tsp of FloraMicro "N-P-K" 5-0-1 and 1.5 tsp of molasses to Gallon of water. Solution (PH) 6.7 and watered them with 20 ounces of solution each and they have been doing great I keep tying and clipping and they bounce right back. I'm not sure but I think I'm getting smarter. LMAO

How far is the light from your plants? It needs to be a bit further up than the cfl's you had. I kept mine 10''-14" on mine until it was flowering. Now the tallest colas are about 4" from it.

I don't like these plastic buckets! I've been told to let the plants dry out, to feel for the first couple of inches of soil to be dry then water, to keep the moisture on the meter between 3 and 5. Well, if I follow the first "Let the plants dry out" then it will take more than a week for me to water them (more like 2 weeks). If I follow the second "stick my finger in the soil and feel for the first couple of inches to be dry" then I will be watering before they get a chance to dry. If I choose the moisture meter way, then again I will still be watering before they get a chance to dry out. In other words I'm feeling these buckets hold too much water also. Next grow fabric smart pots and see how that goes.

Ah, had to go take out the garbage for the ole lady. So yeah Bro it's been going pretty cool, with the new equip, and learning how much pressure to apply when training, trying to get the nutes dialed in.Been a hell of a ride. You couldn't get this ride at Six Flags. The plants really have taken off and the more stuff I do to them, the better they come back and still keep growing. They're fkg awesome. Thanks for all your help because without your help, staying on me till I got it half ass right then on my own, getting better, learning. Thanks Bro

What's up Family? I have been doing some reading and have found that there are several people here at 420 that have had unfavorable situations using 'VERMICULITE' it seems that it holds too much water. Damned if you do damned if you don't. My soil is mixed 50/50 with vermiculite. Next grow going to stick with FFOF and perlite in fabric pots see how that goes! And the learning continues.
:thumb:

I don't like these plastic buckets! I've been told to let the plants dry out, to feel for the first couple of inches of soil to be dry then water, to keep the moisture on the meter between 3 and 5. Well, if I follow the first "Let the plants dry out" then it will take more than a week for me to water them (more like 2 weeks). If I follow the second "stick my finger in the soil and feel for the first couple of inches to be dry" then I will be watering before they get a chance to dry. If I choose the moisture meter way, then again I will still be watering before they get a chance to dry out. In other words I'm feeling these buckets hold too much water also. Next grow fabric smart pots and see how that goes.

Water every three to 5 days. Weed likes dry soil. Grows faster in dry, arid conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So today was feeding time at the zoo. I did all Earth Juice except for the Cal/Mag which is Gen. Hydro. So here's the breakdown of the solution.
1 Gal of filtered tap water (PH) 7.3
1 tsp Earth Juice Grow "NPK" 2-1-1
1 tsp Earth Juice 'Elements' Bloom "NPK" 0-16-16
1 tsp Earth Juice Catalyst "NPK" .05-.01-.10
1 tsp General Hydroponics CALiMAGic Cal/Mag "NPK" 1-0-0, Calcium 5.0, Magnesium 1.5, Iron 0.1
3 tsp of Molasses
Solution (PH) before adjusting 5.4, Solution after adjusting (PH) 6.68.
Watered the babies with 30 ounces of solution each.
Temp 79F degress, RH at 41%.
Light hanging 21 inches above canopy.
The girls look wonderful, atleast to me. My nephew the drop out came by today and saw them and he was like "Damn they're big and pretty, and you can smell it when you come in the study". All he had to do was stick it out with me, help with the equipment and the nutes, I'm here all the time. "C'est la vie". He assumed that this was going to be a total failure and that all I was doing was throwing my money away. So I asked him "When you was born did you know how to walk as soon as you came out the belly?" NO. That's the same way with everything in life, you have to try new things as you grow. My favorite quote is "He who is not courageous enough to take risks, will never accomplish anything in life". By; Muhammad Ali.
Anyway, I think I'm going to have to get a bigger light this one only covers 2ftX2ft and the closet is 2X3. I have to keep rotating the plants so that they all get some of the light intensity that is near the center.
So here's a couple of picture of the girls, I will take some better pics of them individually later and post them.

IMG_20170324_154517.jpg

IMG_20170324_154524.jpg

Well I'm turning into a grow monster said the wifey. Here are a couple of pics of my recently hatched tomatoes. I have them on my desk under my home made light fixture, the one I started my grow with. I believe in recycling.

IMG_20170324_173714.jpg

IMG_20170324_172028.jpg

This is a picture of my Aloe plant which I bought online. When I got it it was almost dead. I bought it for myself for my birthday which was 1/20/2017. The two leaves you see half chopped off is what's left of the original plant everything else is new growth.

IMG_20170324_172231.jpg

Good Afternoon Fam. So today makes three days since I fed them, two days since I trimmed them. My observation of the plants is that #4 "The Runt" doesn't like being man handled. All the other plants look perky except for the runt. It was looking fine until I trimmed it, since I trimmed it it looks sad and droopy. However, she has begun her tie down training and will continue as long as she continues to grow. I'm planning to further tie down a couple of them today as they continually grow towards my goal. I think I am going to go ahead and order some fem seeds this Friday when my money comes in or I won't be able to get them next month. I would much rather have them now than not be able to get them later. I'll put up some pictures in a bit.
LOVE YOU ALL! GOD BLESS. Keep it Green, Keep it Growing.

Back
Top Bottom