1st Grow 2x600W LED Coco

Thanx always nice to have some other opinions. I'll see how the light may have changed things. I think with both lights in that little tent they were just a little too close. I feed everyday but just the three inch rockwool cube. Only use about 2-3oz of feed and get a couple ounces run off. Trying to get the roots to air prune back into the rockwool when it hits the drier coco.

Just be careful on the feeding. Patience my friend. It's early. Also, imo, when watering, water the edges of the container. All around. Less in the middle. You want the roots to search out the water. With water, less is more.

*Quote* - I will be using straight coco from hydrated bricks as my medium with GH 3 part nutes as well as some silica, diamond nectar, floraliciius plus, and koolbloom. Gonna feed everyday and probably twice a day in flower.

I also use three-part GH hydroponic nutes. If you're going to be using coco, you're going to have to get some Cal mag. For sure. Also, I hear that a lot of guys who top water, which I believe you are doing with the Coco, only feed on a three day cycle. I may be wrong but the other days are generally just water. What levels of nutes are you giving themright now?

*Quote* - I will be using straight coco from hydrated bricks as my medium with GH 3 part nutes as well as some silica, diamond nectar, floraliciius plus, and koolbloom. Gonna feed everyday and probably twice a day in flower.

I also use three-part GH hydroponic nutes. If you're going to be using coco, you're going to have to get some Cal mag. For sure. Also, I hear that a lot of guys who top water, which I believe you are doing with the Coco, only feed on a three day cycle. I may be wrong but the other days are generally just water. What levels of nutes are you giving themright now?

I do use cal mag as well. 3 ml per gal right now on the older ones. 2 ml on the younger ones. Right now just using micro bloom cal mag floralicus plus just for some added nitrogen since they looked a little light in colour. Ec on the little ones is .3(150ppm) and on the larger ones .6(300ppm). I use the water to run off method of LEDRF. Growpotcheaply is his YouTube channel. He gets some amazing results but has a ton more experience. After reading about so many feeding regiments I had to pick one. I was most worried about overwatering so this seemed like a good fit for me. Any advice is welcome though. I am just trying to find what works. I document everything so I can see where I had success or not in the future.

I do use cal mag as well. 3 ml per gal right now on the older ones. 2 ml on the younger ones. Right now just using micro bloom cal mag floralicus plus just for some added nitrogen since they looked a little light in colour. Ec on the little ones is .3(150ppm) and on the larger ones .6(300ppm). I use the water to run off method of LEDRF. Growpotcheaply is his YouTube channel. He gets some amazing results but has a ton more experience. After reading about so many feeding regiments I had to pick one. I was most worried about overwatering so this seemed like a good fit for me. Any advice is welcome though. I am just trying to find what works. I document everything so I can see where I had success or not in the future.

Are you on city water? Seems high. I use 1ml/gal at the high point in the schedule. At your stage, I'm at more like .25ml of all but koolbloom. That being said, I don't know much about the run off method. Ease it in.

Are you on city water? Seems high. I use 1ml/gal at the high point in the schedule. At your stage, I'm at more like .25ml of all but koolbloom. That being said, I don't know much about the run off method. Ease it in.

My bad. Too much wake n bake. I meant tsp/gal. Max 1 tsp/gal. .25tsp for young ones. So you're not far out there. My bad. Lol. Sorry.

Fed em up as usual. All look good except the big one now has some crooked new leaves. Other than that all are getting bigger no more stressed/burnt leaves after I moved them down a bit. Must have had them too close with both lights in that small of a space.
420-magazine-mobile737138765.jpg
420-magazine-mobile129372198.jpg
420-magazine-mobile834597006.jpg
420-magazine-mobile396129271.jpg

Newbies are all looking great. Unfortunately candy cream picked a fight with the thermometer and lost. Was just a quick fight but hope it doesn't hinder her growth she has nice fat thick leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1209651167.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1656027342.jpg

Three littlest are coming on but still on the small side. They all did have to be planted as opposed to the others that all kicked their shells in the paper towel.
420-magazine-mobile2095345931.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1444121829.jpg
420-magazine-mobile90624359.jpg

Russian doll looks the best of the three.

You going to line it with panda film?

Was looking at all the options orca film looks the best but for me in Canada . it is like 600.00 to get it here. So outta the question cause I'm too cheap. I wanted to spend less than 500.00 on the build including finishing. So I can spend 1000.00 on a cob led highbred. Seems like a better spend. Goal was to finish a space as big as the 10/10 tents with lights for the same price. A good one shipped to me is around 1500.

So for 11.00 for a 4/8 sheet you can use silverboard. It is reflective on both sides of compress insulation. The R value is important bc it will get to minus 40 here in the winter. I am also insulating the walls with regular R20 insulation. The silverboard also acts as a vaporizer barrier eliminating another cost. This was the cheapest with at least 95% reflection and it doesn't create hot spots because it is textured.

That sounds great for the walls mylar has about the same reflective rating.. anything white, like white paint, is also decently reflective if you dont want to spend the extra money on that silverboard. But $11 for a 4x8 sheet isnt bad.

I think for like 120.00 more I can do it all which will bring my total to only 370.00. So under my budget of 500.00.

Back
Top Bottom