1st Grow, Clone SCROG Organic Soil

once they start flowering the growth seems great. It's going to be like an explosion.

Yeah It just blows my mind. Everyday when the lights come on the growth is incredible.

I know I just posted pics last night, but I thought a few more this morning couldn't hurt.

Recon

Recon9.jpg

Recon13.jpg

White Russian

White_Russian7.jpg

Hey there sungod, i like your organic grow here; definately produces the tasties! I noticed someone was wondering how to calculate CO2 produced from table sugar (sucrose) and yeast and though i might chip in. You can calculate 'theorectical' yield with this C12H22O11 + (H20)= 4(C2H50H) + 4(C02). BUT you will need to convert grams to mols....

sucrose is 342.3 g/mol
CO2 is 44 g/mol
to figure out the concentration you create use the # of g CO2 produced and the dimensions of your room...requires further (2 maybe?) conversions...

Hey there sungod, i like your organic grow here; definately produces the tasties! I noticed someone was wondering how to calculate CO2 produced from table sugar (sucrose) and yeast and though i might chip in. You can calculate 'theorectical' yield with this C12H22O11 + (H20)= 4(C2H50H) + 4(C02). BUT you will need to convert grams to mols....

sucrose is 342.3 g/mol
CO2 is 44 g/mol
to figure out the concentration you create use the # of g CO2 produced and the dimensions of your room...requires further (2 maybe?) conversions...

Wow Thanks for stopping by NEchronic, I think you have some valuable information that many of us would like to have, but I think you might need to elaborate just a tad. I don't quite understand how the equation works. I understand that there are many variables to take into account but lets say we used 3pints of water with on cup of granulated sugar with 1tbs of yeast in a 2liter bottle with an average temp of 78 degrees F. How much Co2 would that produce.

The goal is to find out how many bottles we would need to saturate a room given the volume of space in said room. IE how many cubic feet of room per bottle.

i suppose it would be easier to start backwards; what is the volume of your room (LxWxH) and what concentration of CO2 is ideal...then you can decide on how much CO2 you need to produce. As you mentioned there are too many variables for this to be exact really....fermentation rates change for one thing, and that alone depends on many things...you can get a rough idea of how much totat CO2 you will generate from the weight of sugar you use, thats about it...i can explain the conversions more specifically. message me if you like so i don't choke up your journal with my jawing.

Only thing missing is conversion rate, probably find that in some esoteric yeast site :grinjoint: Some ideal growth rate and sugar consumption rate.

I hate real world equations...if I was you, I would get a big bucket and grow some yeast in that room and see. I heard of a novel thing I need to do more research on, but growing mushrooms is suppose to produce CO2. Edible ones, or psychotropic, but I recommend the former and not the latter. The latter will get you long jail sentences and improperly cured DEATH or at least convulsive seisures, which will lead to the hospital and then long jail sentences maybe :grinjoint:. Just need to make light proof boxes that breathe to hold compost and get spores...maybe just buy some mushrooms from the store?

Maybe make 10" tall boxes that you set your plants on with a slide out tray to gather mushrooms and respore. Maybe the runoff from feeding the plants would water and feed the compost somehow too? Something to think about as I love mushrooms. Get me some shiitake spores somehow!

:peace: brother, sorry I rambled on :ganjamon: but a few :roorrip:and it happens.

IMO, i wouldn't want Mushrooms in my grow rooms, if substrate is improperly prepared then you have the chance for mold and other contaminates, which can get airborne. I could be wrong, it happens.

IMO, i wouldn't want Mushrooms in my grow rooms, if substrate is improperly prepared then you have the chance for mold and other contaminates, which can get airborne. I could be wrong, it happens.

You are probably correct, sounds right. But I might try some in one of my tubs this summer outside, I have a spot of perpetual shade, it should be just fine in, should grow nice out there. Or maybe I will use that 26 gallon tub and grow some kick ass tomatoes instead with runoff water from my babies :grinjoint:.

:peace:

i suppose it would be easier to start backwards; what is the volume of your room (LxWxH) and what concentration of CO2 is ideal...then you can decide on how much CO2 you need to produce. As you mentioned there are too many variables for this to be exact really....fermentation rates change for one thing, and that alone depends on many things...you can get a rough idea of how much totat CO2 you will generate from the weight of sugar you use, thats about it...i can explain the conversions more specifically. message me if you like so i don't choke up your journal with my jawing.

I don't mind putting things in my journal. If I put it out there for all to see there is a better chance someone else can benefit as well. As far as my space it is 5'x6'x8' or 240 cubic feet. Ideally I would like to achieve double or near double the co2 levels found in normal air. I'm probably a bit optimistic in my quest, but what the heck. I would like to be able to tell some one that if you have 100 cubic feet then you need approx. This much sugar going. or i you had 500 cubic feet then you need approx. this much sugar. I suppose I could get a co2 meter next grow and do some testing of my own. +reps

hey man, sorry i dropped in so late but im along for the rest of the journey, the ladies look nice and ready to pump out flowers... +reps :grinjoint::peace:

Glad to have you Leave Weaver Feel free to jump in anytime. :welcome:

Only thing missing is conversion rate, probably find that in some esoteric yeast site :grinjoint: Some ideal growth rate and sugar consumption rate.

I'll look into that.

I hate real world equations...if I was you, I would get a big bucket and grow some yeast in that room and see.

I think you are right I hope to do just that sometime in the future.

I heard of a novel thing I need to do more research on, but growing mushrooms is suppose to produce CO2. Edible ones, or psychotropic, but I recommend the former and not the latter. The latter will get you long jail sentences and improperly cured DEATH or at least convulsive seisures, which will lead to the hospital and then long jail sentences maybe :grinjoint:. Just need to make light proof boxes that breathe to hold compost and get spores...maybe just buy some mushrooms from the store?

That is interesting something worth looking into. It would def. fit in to the natural organic style.

Maybe make 10" tall boxes that you set your plants on with a slide out tray to gather mushrooms and respore. Maybe the runoff from feeding the plants would water and feed the compost somehow too? Something to think about as I love mushrooms. Get me some shiitake spores somehow!

:peace: brother, sorry I rambled on :ganjamon: but a few :roorrip:and it happens.

I like your style and please don't apologize, I welcome as much information as people are willing to purge. You are welcome to ramble here anytime MH. :thumb: +reps If I could

I've actually been inside a mushroom grow facility that grew exotic mushrooms and that place was as sterile as it comes. I guess mushrooms mold sensitive as well. Just to enter we had to shower and put special suits on that covered everything. After seeing that set up I think I would be more worried about my plants infecting the mushrooms. lol :thanks: +reps if I could

Hey Sungod, your scrog is looking lovely! :yummy: Just on the CO2 comments - The issue for me is for CO2 addition to be effective I would need to stop ventilating constantly. The would result in odor leakage for sure, which is just too risky for me. Since I ventilate with a good extractor, I change the air many times an hour resulting in a constant supply of fresh CO2 to my plants. Maybe a bit of a noobie comment, but I reckon my plants (and yours for that matter) grow fast enough and big enough anyway. Will CO2 enrichment mean bigger crops and yields while still be cost effective for me? Just my 2 cents worth! :peace:

Oh wow, this thread is in danger of uniting things i like most in life....growing stuff....smoking stuff.... .cooking stuff.....eating stuff.....and then MJ and mushrooms...ITS ALL TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!
I like the idea of being able to eat the mushrooms that make your CO2; Ive heard the ethanol from simple package yeast and table sugar is *YUCK*. Although whenever i bake or brew the fermenting vat goes in with the ladies....no idea what comes out, but its more than what there!

Hey Sungod, your scrog is looking lovely! :yummy: Just on the CO2 comments - The issue for me is for CO2 addition to be effective I would need to stop ventilating constantly. The would result in odor leakage for sure, which is just too risky for me. Since I ventilate with a good extractor, I change the air many times an hour resulting in a constant supply of fresh CO2 to my plants. Maybe a bit of a noobie comment, but I reckon my plants (and yours for that matter) grow fast enough and big enough anyway. Will CO2 enrichment mean bigger crops and yields while still be cost effective for me? Just my 2 cents worth! :peace:

I vent 24/7 also as I do not have the energy available in that part of the house to do anymore climate control. At the same time I would like to think that any additional CO2 would be beneficial to the plants. My plan is to run the hoses into the canopy so that the co2 has a greater chance of being absorbed by the plants. I figured sugar and yeast is pretty cheap and If I could give my plants an edge why not. On the other time I could just be wasting my time who knows.

Did a little trimming of the under growth last night hope they don't mind to much. Ph tester took a dump on me last night so they got fed with with a ph corrected solution that I'm not entirely confident is in the 7.0 range, I have a feeling I was much higher than that. Lets just hope that the meter gave me one last good reading before it went to the trash. Apparently the probes on these meters are a little more delicate than I realized. I knew there was something amuck when it gave me a ph reading of 53.08, didn't know that was possible did ya.

Tossing around the Idea of switching to 12/12 tonight any last minute advice?? Anything I need to do prior to changing bulbs and flipping the switch??

They started taking more fluids this week.. I'm up to 12 quarts a piece with little or no run off. so I'm going to try 1gal each on sat.

Look into Milwaukee PH600 Its about $20 bucks and is very reliable. I have 3 on hand. And all work well. I check calibration every couple of months or when 1 is way off from the other 2.

I've only gotten to this post so far in reading your journal but have to see damn fine job so far. Glad you took the time to read out site. Everything you need to know and then some is here. Looking forward to reading the rest of your journal.

Back
Top Bottom