MrWoods

420 Member
Alright boys and girls. 1st grow ever.

Auto Lemon Haze - MSNL
3 gallon bucket/FFOF
Jobes 2-5-3 Granular Fert
600 watt full spec LED (cheap Chinese)18/6
Grow is on Day 47 from seed
Here’s my issue. I’m on a tight budget. I just got my hands on a PH tester today. My water source is unsoftened well water. It’s coming from the tap at 7.5-7.6. I fill a jug, stick it in my grow space to reach same temp as plant. After it sits the PH rises to 8.1-8.2. Is that normal? I also have probe to test soil PH and it’s reading about 7.5. Up until today I haven’t PH’d water and I feel like the plant looks to be doing well but I’m worried that I’m missing something. I added about 2 tsp Apple cider vin to 1/2 gallon of water today along with 1/2 TBSP molasses. PH tested at 6.5 and runoff was 7.5 an hour later. Question is: what, if anything do I do? As far as adjusting PH I’m limited to normal household products. My budget is tight. I’m posting a couple pics. Please guys, any and all input is appreciated. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I would hate to lose this plant after coming this far. Thank you ✌❤
B1C11FB3-64C3-467E-8590-97AADAF7B8DE.jpeg
1096392D-8056-442A-B1FB-44DCA006CB7F.jpeg
4CA8571A-DEDA-479B-BBB9-B084918F05EF.jpeg

PH of the runnoff in soil doesn't tell you much of anything, same with those stick in the soil probe things IMHO. Most commercial soils have buffers built into them to control the PH some. Unless your nutrients call for a specific PH (some do but doubtful on the granular stuff, but I have no experience with it so can't say for sure) I would just keep doing whatever you were doing as doesn't look like you having PH issues to me, maybe too much N going on if anything as she is rather dark green but I'm not familiar with that Strain or Auto's for that matter.

PH of the runnoff in soil doesn't tell you much of anything, same with those stick in the soil probe things IMHO. Most commercial soils have buffers built into them to control the PH some. Unless your nutrients call for a specific PH (some do but doubtful on the granular stuff, but I have no experience with it so can't say for sure) I would just keep doing whatever you were doing as doesn't look like you having PH issues to me, maybe too much N going on if anything as she is rather dark green but I'm not familiar with that Strain or Auto's for that matter.
The fert claims to have a PH buffer built in. Also, the breeder did mention this strain was on the dark side. Thanks for the response man

The fert claims to have a PH buffer built in. Also, the breeder did mention this strain was on the dark side. Thanks for the response man

Just one of them IMHO things, but chasing problems that aren't there will give you problems real fast (like the "if it ain't broke don't mess with it, cus then it will be broken" ;) :rofl: ). If you were growing in a soil-less medium or hydro, then PH is a whole different ball of wax than soil. But if you having no issues not the time to change the variables, try something different next time and see if the results any different if you want but unless you having major issues don't change things up majorly in the middle of it.

Most people who don't pH their nutrient solution when growing in soil are usually using a pH perfect nutrient. But if you pH a pH perfect nutrient you will see it comes to about 6.5 pH. I grow in FFOF but I'm using Mega Crop this time. Prior to this I always pH'd my nutes to somewhere between 6.2 - 6.6. I let it fluxuate a little because different nutrients are absorbed at different pH levels so you want it to vary a little.

Back
Top Bottom