1st Grow - Outdoors - Mild Climate

Some strange growth in the bud.

image9155.jpeg

That's a better shot taken today. It sort of looks dry, not what I would have thought mild looks like. Any opinions guys?

There are now quite a few amber trichomes, but still lots of new white pistols shooting out, should I harvest or wait until the pistols stop shooting?

Here's one cola, others have a lot more new pistols, think it's having another growth spurt, but buds look ready and abet trichomes everywhere. Afraid to pick it if it's putting in extra weight, since it's already a very small plant and lots of gaps between nodes.

:popcorn: Subbed. Welcome to :420:I was always in a rush to harvest, but be patient. As far as the discolored bud, if it's rot cut that part away to salvage the good part being careful to not spread the spores onto the rest of your plant/s I had the same thing happen with the plant on the left.
After_Storm6.JPG

Good luck and good growing!
HOZ

:popcorn: Subbed. Welcome to :420:I was always in a rush to harvest, but be patient. As far as the discolored bud, if it's rot cut that part away to salvage the good part being careful to not spread the spores onto the rest of your plant/s I had the same thing happen with the plant on the left.
Good luck and good growing!
HOZ

Thank you for your words of encourage, feels like I'm climbing a mountain with this one.

Just an update it's now 10th week of flowering on this short indica dominant sweet cheese, which seems a long time but it is outdoors and has had to deal with the spider mites, so maybe that has slowed down its growth rate? The leaves are looking very light in coloured and covered in white dots from the sucking of those mites, so I guess the leaves can't work so well.

As mentioned before the plant is shooting forth lots of new growth in the last 2 weeks, pistols popping out everywhere, so while I want to harvest the plant ASAP due to the mite problem, I am reluctant to cut when new growth is occurring. That's my current dilemma..

On a positive note I took a small bud from the low part of the main cola to free up some airflow, dried it, smoked it and woah! serious hardcore life reflection and universal awareness ensued, took me 2 days to get my head back on straight! Even if I only get a half oz produce it will be worth it..

It's now 11 weeks of flowering for this little Indica sweet cheese. She has had a rough time of it with the spider mites, but with a lot of care and good outdoor weather she had done pretty well.

Lots of new white hairs are emerging in the last couple of weeks, so I feel I don't want to cut her just yet, but at the same time the spider mites continue to eat away at her.. so a cut might have to be the compromise.

Are there some varieties that continue to grow new white hairs even when they are ready to harvest? or have the spider mites screwed up her growing process creating a much longer growing cycle?

GG, Buckshot can tell you I always one to jump the gun, but if you have a loop or microscope look at your trichomes (resin) to check out the color. All clear is usually way too soon, mostly cloudy with a few amber it is probably ready, mostly amber means it has gone too far. If the plant is still kicking out white pistils it probably not time yet. All the preceding info is what I go by. Different strains have different finishing times but your planys will tell you when they are ready. I hope this helps!
Your brother in Cannabis awareness!:cheesygrinsmiley:
HOZ

Thanks Hoz, yeah the trichomes on this plant are weird.. There has been a few amber ones for several weeks now, just in various little spots on different colas. There have also been clear ones up until now, but I would say most look cloudy, so I guess that means it wouldn't be too bad too harvest now.

If it weren't for the spider mites, I'd continue to wait as the hairs keep popping out, but the more SM I see eating away at the little leaves in the buds, the worse it looks and kind of forces my hand..

They look really good so if you are concerned about the mites, they look good enough to take down. Make sure you give them a good going over before you hang them to cure/dry. I have been seeing a lot of posts about "bud washing and because of the mites and the fact they were grown outdoors I would consider doing so. HERE is a link...
I hope this helps:cheesygrinsmiley:
HOZ

The bud wash sounds great, scary thought at first but now I'm pretty much convinced.

There is this strange infection on the stem of my NL, any ideas what it could be?

image455.png

Back
Top Bottom