Watching Grass Grow

She does look nice. You can see the new growth showing the appropriate pale green above the purple stems, and the upward posture of the leafs at 5pm, showing that she (hopefully fem) is strong enough to physically show her alignment with circadian rhythm. Color, and levels of phototropism are primary visual indicators of health, so great work turning her around. :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

. . . . . . . . . .been showing friends around Asia for the last 3 weeks and now in the UK for 2 more. I was sent 2 photos of Daisy's current condition and will post them as soon as i have written this.
I hope Daisy will survive until i get back, will get watered tomorrow (mate flies home) and then fingers crossed until about Aug 3rd.
I haven't abandoned totally, sorting the holiday left no room for any contingency plan, just busy busy busy. Great holiday but now back to thinking/worrying/stressing about my window cill.
the pictures show massive change, something has gone on for sure!

22401.jpg

16745.jpg

as you can see something has gone on there!
All i can say is that i hope all will be well when i get back as nothing will be done until then.
In case of worst case scenario, thanks for all the support and advice.:thanks::420:

i arrive home later today, curious as to what i'll find but i'll be sure to post a picture for reference. on a plus note i have managed to get a few "sisters" during my travels and will start again on my window cill as soon as i'm settled. also have lots of catching up to do here as i'm sure everyone has been busy.

unfortunately the first thing i see is 2 empty pots, my partner decided to get rid of Daisy after sending me the last picture nearly a month ago! Pity i didn't say goodbye . . . . . .
. . . and so it continues.
preparations have begun with 2 of 7 sisters i have acquired. the smaller one is a feminised autoflowerer from amsterdam (too high to remember strains or names) and the other was a gift from a friend, again i was too high to hear what he told me regarding names and the like, i was just happy with the gift as i had lost a few sisters from amsterdam during the journey. (yep, too high again)

DSC_9200.JPG

here we go, cross everything, my window cill awaits and the pots will be prepared tomorrow.

within 24 hours of putting in the paper towels the autoflowerer did this!

DSC_9203.JPG

a week later after potting she still hasn't managed to break through. Bummer! maybe i should have let her grow a little more before potting?
i also put 3 more in paper towels (because of the delay) and unfortunately none of these seem to want to play either.
i have a couple more to try, wish me luck!

Well, I just have my half-grown Matilda as experience... and decades of houseplants and gardens, but I just put my seeds in moist soil and rarely have issues (seeds that don't make it??? never!). Moist, less than wet, more than damp ( where is this going?!?) soil. Keep them warm. Shrug. Sending you good vibes for seed sprouting!
edit: I think I did let the seed swim around in a shot glass of room temp water for 12 hours before hand, just to soften it....
also: glad you're back!

Hey Metal poet, thanks for the good vibes, just read your journal, great job you have done there, good luck for the next few weeks. I know one shouldn't be jealous but . . . . .
I'll try the softening up method you suggested on my remaining 3 seeds and in the meantime I'll keep everything crossed that the autoflowerer breaks the surface.

Look at this post on Smokeater's journal My First Time Growing PeeJay explains how putting your seeds deep enough in soil causes the friction that pulls the seed coat off.

And if you read through Smoke's journal you'll find advice on how to help get that seed coat off yourself if you need to. Hope this helps somewhat, I'm not very experienced but learned a lot from the great people here.

within 24 hours of putting in the paper towels the autoflowerer did this!

DSC_9203.JPG

a week later after potting she still hasn't managed to break through. Bummer! maybe i should have let her grow a little more before potting?
i also put 3 more in paper towels (because of the delay) and unfortunately none of these seem to want to play either.
i have a couple more to try, wish me luck!

well i have been patient but alas it seems the autoflowerer doesn't want to come out to play and neither it appears do the other 3 three I had left soaking overnight. All is not lost (though it feels like it) as I have put my last remaining 3 in some water to soak overnight after which i will put between some tissue and cross everything once again.(this has been my only successful method, albeit once with a male plant and once with the autoflowerer!)
Thanks again for all the advice and good wishes, I am missing just sitting and watching growth, for the last 2 weeks i have been staring at 2 plant pots, willing something to appear in either.
Patience . . . . . . . .

nothing to report unfortunately . . . . . . . .
no signs from either pot, i think maybe the soil was too wet, they will remain on the window as decoration for the time being, just in case . . . .
the 3 between the towels appear to be swelling or maybe my eyes are playing tricks but i'll continue being patient while at the same time think how i'm going to get some more seeds. ho hum . . . . . .
thanks to all that stop by and offer support. its a bummer that I'm 0 from 7 at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom