1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

Sweet looking grow Granny! :goodjob:

I got into reading so much I missed 4:20 for my first hoot of the day. lol I'll make up for it by having two now. :nicethread: :popcorn:

:peace:

:welcome:LabRat:welcome: to our 420 family! Great to see ya! Damn, ya missed 420! EEK!!! LOL Hope ya had 2 or 3 later!!!

I once tried to ask my joint while on de-pot. I mis-calculated the space between my legs and the other appendage that resides there and got a nasty burn mark right on the tip. Live and learn.

ODOR UPDATE!!!!!
Ok... odor has been an extreme problem the last few weeks but Granny has found the solution!!!!

LEMON GRASS ESSENTIAL OIL!!!

If any of you recall the DIY ONA buckets... well, they worked before the odor got really strong, but do not in any way work to control this grow. I had placed ONA in two buckets plus about 30 individual bowls - STRAIGHT, not diluted. Works instantly ... and for about half a day... but by the end of the day NOT controlling odor at all! I have been very disappointed in the results of the ONA for odor control - it has been very very very stinky and the smell has wafed thru our floors and comes at you from rooms very far away from my grow room along with also being smelled outside repeatedly of late. THAT WAS A PROBLEM!!!

So, I went back to what Granny is good at - finding a natural remedy. I cleaned the DIY buckets and then added a gallon of water plus about 2 ounces of lemongrass essential oil, placed the fan back on the top of them and... wahlah... air cleaned, lemon scent, and only a hint of my plants in the air now. It wouldn't take this amount for anyone with a smaller grow - I have about 40 plants in the flower room, more in the veg room, and have been starting to dry a few things - so I needed extra-strong control. Essential oils are made specifically for capturing the smell of whatever the EO is and concentrating it... so they are very powerful fragrances used in making potpourri, fragrance candles, fragrance soaps, and other good smelling crafts.

Lemongrass essential oil (NOT lemon essential oil) is used to deoderize and as a natural insect repellent (diluted). When I had a problem with aphids in my sweet annie herb outside, I bought this and diluted it with water and then sprayed my plants. It worked for insect control then... and now it is a joy to find it works very nicely on odor control too!

Now, I do not need to use any ONA at all and have removed all the bowls I had sitting with straight ONA in them. The ONA was a lot more expensive and just did NOT control the odor I have going on.

Granny's HIGHEST odor control recommendations go to: LEMON GRASS DILUTED IN ANY SIZE BUCKET OF WATER (TO KEEP MOIST CUZ THE OIL WILL FLOAT AT THE TOP OF THE WATER) WITH A FAN BLOWING ACROSS THE TOP OF THE LIQUID TO DISTRIBUTE THE FRAGRANCE. Works instantly and continues to work!!!

I buy my essential oils at: essentialoil.com So instead of paying boocoo bucks for ONA that is NOT emilinating the odors, I now went and bought 16 oz of lemongrass EO and it will probably get me thru the entire rest of the grow!

Hope this helps anyone out there with odor problems!

bben missing the granny the last few days. Hows Wyatt doing. I bet he's getting big, yeah? Well not just him all the g-kids. hope all is going well with you and your.

:kiss::kiss::kiss:Butcher honey!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss: I have missed being able to get in too! Thank you so much for askin' about our baby Wyatt!!!! I had our business' Christmas party one night and then had one son's 3 kids last weekend so they could get moved. Very busy. I have another son's 3 kids (includin' our lil fella!) this next weekend for an overnighter.

As of last night, we have a long-time dear friend who has hit some real hard times (wife of 25 years left him and he has a few domestic dispute charges to deal with)... anyway, he is staying at our home for a bit. I don't quite know how I'll manage things without discovery, but if he does discover anything it wouldn't be a huge deal. Anyways... a friend in dire need and we need to be here for him. My heart just aches for him.

I checked trichs yesterday and wish I would have had enough time to upload the pics... but didn't. Ready or not I will be harvesting 2 white widows and the first LD on Thursday or Friday. These plants are all on 65 days of flower today. I AM EXCITED!!!! It will be the first harvested on time instead of early! Yields should be much better on these!!!!

About out of time here for today... but have Thurs and Fri as work days at home and will get a real good update in here then!!!!

:hug::hug::hug:Butcher, honey - BIG GRANNY HUGS TO YOU!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Thanx granny and I wish all the best to your friend and all your famz.We'll all be here. Thanx for stopping by and letting us know everything is alright. We all get worried when a few days goes by , so thanx again from all of us here.And a big (((GRANNY HUG))) Back at ya.

First off thanks for the tip on the lemon grass, good to know for ALL of us. Second, soooooo glad you got the odor problem under control, wife and I were quite worried about it. Damn nice of you for helping your friend, think I'd let him know what's going on before he makes the connection on his own. Sounds like you've known him long enough to be able to trust your friend.

First real harvest. Does it get any better?

Have a great Christmas, and Happy New Year!

I once tried to ask my joint while on de-pot. I mis-calculated the space between my legs and the other appendage that resides there and got a nasty burn mark right on the tip. Live and learn.

:welcome:ChicagoJoe:welcome: Welcome honey! LOL!!!! Bet that hurt! I once zipped my hubbies pants up and caught it.... and scarred him for life - EEEK!!! And he still luvs me!!!! LOL... we have had some crazy acquaintances over the years... One fella used to have some real crazy parties. One party they lined up all the men behind sheets, each with a hole in it so they could put their male part thru the hole... then the ladies had to identify their man! Egads! WE WERE NOT A PART OF THIS PARTY (hubby would NEVER do this!) - but I could identify my hubbies easily if we had been just cuz I scarred him!!! Musta been a hell of a party we missed, eh? LOL

Excellent tip Granny! Thanks a ton.

:peace:

:hug::hug::hug:LabRat:hug::hug::hug: :thanks: honey - do hope this helps a ton of other ppl!!! The difference is amazing - and lemony!

Thanx granny and I wish all the best to your friend and all your famz.We'll all be here. Thanx for stopping by and letting us know everything is alright. We all get worried when a few days goes by , so thanx again from all of us here.And a big (((GRANNY HUG))) Back at ya.

:kiss::kiss::kiss:Butcher:kiss::kiss::kiss: You Sweetie.... gosh I wish I could really wrap my chubby ol' granny arms around ya and squeeze ya in a big hug!!! I LOVE YOU DEAR BUTCHER!!!! Please don't worry if I'm not in for a few days - but I will try to make a point of at least jotting a quick message if it's gonna be a bit. Life is really chaotic with everything at present, but I'm gonna keep up as best I can!!! Today is updates!

First off thanks for the tip on the lemon grass, good to know for ALL of us. Second, soooooo glad you got the odor problem under control, wife and I were quite worried about it. Damn nice of you for helping your friend, think I'd let him know what's going on before he makes the connection on his own. Sounds like you've known him long enough to be able to trust your friend.

First real harvest. Does it get any better?

Have a great Christmas, and Happy New Year!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:OldSkoool:kiss::kiss::kiss: YW - please let me know if you try it! I am really really pleased cuz the ONA did NOT work and was real costly. The friend... we'll play it by ear at the moment. Hubby is doing his best to keep him outta the house til after lights out every evening. It is just real hard to see a grown man unable to stop crying. First day was the worst tho and yesterday was better for him. He hadn't eaten for 5 days before calling us... and you can bet granny fixed him up on that score! He hadn't partaken of the good stuff for about 7 years, but that first night a bit of Medijuana brought the first smile outta him of that entire day! You can only imagine I wasted him so he could sleep for the first time in 2 weeks. And last night he slept longer - so we are definitely gonna help get him thru this. Don't know how well he will sleep when the grandkids are attackin' everyone this weekend tho! EEK - Run buddy!!!

I do so hope you and yours have a wonderful Holiday too!!! I know you'll be partakin' of Wanda so it should be good!!! LUVS TO YA!!!

Now, as soon as I get caught back up here at work I'm gonna update with LOTS of new pics!

We just bought a bottle of ozium, seems to help, but only temporary. Not really as worried about ordor control for now. Glad you were able to get it under control sweetie. Our friend with the hydro shop has a unit that is a can fan mounted on top of a carbon air scrubber. Seems to work excellant.

Ok... it has been very busy here. I took pics a couple days ago but couldn't get time to upload them until this morning. So I uploaded them at home before leaving and can now add them while working today. There will be a few messages with updates.

where to start.... hmmm...

Guess I'll start with the 3 White Widow. I took pics 2 days ago on Day 64 of Flower for them. They are supposed to be 56 to 70 days to harvest and I could be harvesting them, but I want trichs to be on the amber side AND they have been putting on a lot of bud growth.

Of the 3 White Widow, I will be harvesting two of them (WW2 and WW4) in the next 2 days. The other (WW3) I am going to let go longer, possibly even past the 70 day mark (Sun).

I'll begin with a pic of all three of these ladies.
Left: WW3
CenterBack (Tallest): WW4
FrontRight: WW2
Dec14-ALL3WW.jpg

You can see they all have their own appearance. WW2 (front right) took off budding first and seems to have a few more leaves which tend to hide the great dense bud growth this lady has acheived. WW4 (center back) grew the tallest and has grown very heavy with those tall colas. She really packed on bud growth fattening her colas this last 10 days. And WW3 (left) was the slowest to start budding, shorter like WW2 but filling out buds more like WW4 accept the buds are closer together for cola structure.

The next 3 images just show their different cola formations.

If you can get a pic of WW2 thru the density, here is what colas look like...
Dec14-WW2_ColaTopDay64Flower.jpg

And WW3 (the slowest to bud)...
Dec14-WW3_ColaTopDay64Flower.jpg

And WW4...
Dec14-WW4_ColaDay64Flower.jpg

And then WW4 closer to show the fattening of the top of the cola which has taken place mainly in the last 10 days. This taught me that we do not want to harvest at the minimum harvest time unless ya have to... cuz the fattening growth was really nice in packing on bud...

Dec14-WW4_ColaTopsDay64Flower.jpg

I'm afraid I'll run outta time here and they'll boot my login out, so I'm going to split up messages... back in a bit... :Rasta:

We just bought a bottle of ozium, seems to help, but only temporary. Not really as worried about ordor control for now. Glad you were able to get it under control sweetie. Our friend with the hydro shop has a unit that is a can fan mounted on top of a carbon air scrubber. Seems to work excellant.

:hug::hug::hug:GMT:hug::hug::hug: Hi honey!!! I bought a lot of ONA, used it diluted at first, but lately had to go straight strength to even touch the smell. It helps instantly - but then doesn't last the day. By night, it was reeking again. I have the mother of carb scrubbers going - it is as big as a water heater and was a major challenge to get upstairs! It's so strong in sucking the air outta the room that it also has the carpet on the floor and stairway trying to lift up! I think it is just the number of plants I have going here (I have continued to add plants from the veg room where ever I can fit them!).

For anyone who is having odor troubles tho, I swear the lemon grass essential oil (EO) is very very strong for deodorizing the air - and it doesn't quit working by the end of the day. Cheap at... let's see, I think they had 8 oz for under $18. And this does NOT take much to use. Just keep water in the container so it doesn't dry out to be only the EO - the oil will float on the top of the water. Blow a fan over the top of the water so the fragrance goes out into the air... and instant lemon. But start with a very small amount cuz the smell is really STRONG lemon! Mine has now been going 4 days and the odor is still under control without adding anything but water as it goes down.

I gotta say - I love yer pic. My guys just got done with deer season recently. One of our sons got a nice 9 pointer during bow season and the group of 7 (small group this year) brought home 6 nice bucks (three 10 pointers) that are still hangin' in our garage - it looks like this weekend will be time to turn our garage into a meat locker. Hubby is butchering a beef today to mix with our deer for burger - best burger you could ever cook!!! lean and great tasting!

And we have the grandkids join in too - always a lot of work once we get the grinder going and they start kicking out tons of burger. If the kids are old enough to reach the table, they mark packages for us - even if they can't write very well! We do an example, such as "HB 09" and they do the best they can on writing it on the packages... of course then they also decorate the white paper covering our wrapping table and some packages get pics colored on them... so it is wonderful all year to take out meat and see the cute things our grandkids did with them! We also give away a bunch (always have more than what hubby and I need) this time of year to friend familys that are in need - but I always have to tell them what is in the packages and why they are marked so silly!

Anyways, enough rambling! So GREAT to see ya GMT!!!!!! I know you guys are all busy with your own fantastic grows, so it is SUCH A PLEASURE to have ya come visit this ol' granny!!!!!

Next... TRICH pics from 2 days ago on two of the White Widow, these were taken on Day 64 of Flower (2 days ago). I went a bit overboard on trich pics (4 each) and hope ya all don't mind if I put em all in! The trichs vary a bit from different areas of the plant, so this gives a better idea of where we are.

White Widow 2 - the lady that started budding the earliest...
Dec14-WW2Trichs01.jpg

Dec14-WW2Trichs02.jpg
Dec14-WW2Trichs04.jpg

Dec14-WW2Trichs03.jpg

Then White Widow 4, the other I will be harvesting in the next couple days...
Dec14-WW4Trichs01.jpg

Dec14-WW4Trichs02.jpg
Dec14-WW4Trichs03.jpg

Dec14-WW4Trichs04.jpg

I thought it was interesting that the trichs on the leaves are more turned amber than the dense trichs on the buds. I could probably wait even longer, but the veg room really needs some plants to move up to the flower room - AND I HAVE TIME in the next two days. With other plants also preparing for harvest, I best harvest while I can!

Back in a bit with more!

Ok... LD updates.

The other plant in the midst that I will be harvesting in the next couple days is LD3, the first LD I put to flower. In this message, I'll highlight it as well as a cola from each of the two femonized LD I put to flower 8 days later. These LD plants have grown completely different. I don't highlight the height differences here (just colas), but the first LD (LD3), is a short at around 24" while the next two are around 36" tall... and their cola shapes are a bit different.

LD is from Barney's farm and is supposed to be 24% THC. I can tell you early tests of just a couple small buds from the bottom were EXCELLENT - AS GOOD AS THE MEDIJUANA. This was the first plant to be stinky and it is a wonderful smell! LD is a mix of Skunk#1(UK Cheese) x Mazar. This is one of the strains I will be growing a lot of (many clones taken and a number more small LD plants in the flower AND veg rooms). It has a flower period of 60 to 65 days.

Since we are harvesting LD3 in the next couple days, I'll start with trich pics from her. These were taken 2 days ago on Day 64 of flower. This one will be just a bit over it's suggested time at harvest, but I think you can see from the trich shots that this is fine cuz we still are not 50% amber which is how I *think* I want them for a couchlock buzz. I don't know that any of these first ladies will be 50% amber - but they are being harvested as is cuz I have to do things when I have the time too!

Here we go...
Dec14-LD3Trichs01.jpg

Dec14-LD3Trichs02.jpg

Dec14-LD3Trichs03.jpg

Dec14-LD3Trichs04.jpg

And then what I could get for a shot of a cola top in this dense short plant (LD3)
Dec14-LD3_ColaTopDay64Flower.jpg

And next are the two younger LD girls that are getting closer to flower. These are the taller LD girls and their bud structure seems to vary just a bit on how it is forming. The following ladies are on day 53 of flower...

First is LD 2-1...
Dec14-LD2-1_ColaTopDay53ofFlower.jpg

And then LD 2-2...
Dec14-LD-uk_ColaTopDay53ofFlower.jpg

That's it for this one... only one more update message with a few Thai Tanic girls coming up!

Back
Top Bottom