1st Post First Attempt At Growing: Indoor LED Setup In Tent: Comments Welcome!

Ok another week or so to go. Good to know. I think I’ll be right
Hey brother I figured I'd check ur journal an idk if u got ur ph pen issue taken care of by now but I got a ph pen from Amazon for 40 bucks usd its HM digital is the brand name. I also got a bottle standard reference solution ph7.0 an the reason I got the slightly more expensive pen is cause I was tired of getting the cheaper 20 dollar ones or so an they keep shitting out on me at inopportune times. An with the HM digital one and the ph solution u can recalibrate the pen. An the one I've had has lasted me over 3 years ive been using it. Now it's so old I gotta recalibrate it about twice a week but a new 1 u would prolly only need to calibrate it once a week or so. But to keep the ph balanced for ur girls and to keep them as healthy an happy as possible I think it was a great investment an it paid for itself my first harvest lol. But yea brother I'm subbed an in to watch the grow. Now im off to finish setting up my new hibrix round. And do some uppotting of my other girls. This round I'll be pheno/female hunting if thts a thing lol. I got some regular beans I'm using this round an I did acouple of each incase some end up males. I got Ultradog, Grapefruit OG, and Blue OG and Brian's Choice as regulars. Normally I run fems but I figured since i wana be a breeder one day an open up a seed dispensary an start selling some of my crosses I make. I've only really "worked"on one strain so far. I've made beans from a few different strains so far but as for working on a strain actually trying to improve features or lock in others that u made from a cross either way that I've only done on one strain so far and that was my black domina crossed with hindu kush skunk then I tried mixing in an auto c4 to get some purple in there. And idk how or when but once I did that I some how lost my container that had my original photo version beans of my cross so now all I have is my autos. I got kinda bummed out I lost over 2 years of work that I kinda quit breeding this last two harvests. So I searched my whole bean collection an I found a few possible gems I got from various people an forgot I had cause they were regs an I used to only do fems but now I wana get back into breeding I figure why not run these an maybe I'll find a super nice or rare pheno. Either way I'll end up with some good ass buds or a really sweet new strain to start working on again lol. My dream is to get a few strains dialed in so when someone gets beans from me they will be almost 100% successful on getting the pheno described when u pick out the strain u want. Versus picking out a strain an gettin a different pheno with each bean or different from the discription when u picked it out man I hate tht lol. But yea I figured Blue OG and Grapefruit Og sound like they will be my fruitiest ones but idk for sure lol.
cheers for checking it out bro!
Sucks you lost all that work but best thing to do is exactly what you’re doing now, get back in there!
From what you learned last time you’ll probably smash it this round too!
But yeah those strains sound mint. Hopefully they’re exactly what you’re looking for :goodluck:

I feel like the godfather Lowie

“Look how they massacred my girls!” :laughtwo:

Came home to find a tent full of happy little stinkers. Gotta love that feeling of opening it up after a long day of work.

Anyway canopy is fairly even again! Time to roll a king size and tell them some bed time stories before lights out :ganjamon:

Transgender plants.. Had to happen.
Steve looks,Beautiful... Lol.
I bet he bends REAL well after a pinch.....

:passitleft:

Dean you're gonna need a machete in there! Nice job knocking the girls down to size again. It will be interesting to see how the autos fill out with as much bending as you've had to do...but whatever the outcome, you are definitely running the show, not the ladies! It's a bit nerve wracking to be beating on our babies eh?

Cheers @Pbass I’m definitely trying to run the show in there lol.

Just to confirm, the AG is a photo and the BBB is an auto. So I had to flip the lights for the AG and the BBB has to deal with it and take what it can get :laughtwo:

I’ve tried to be fairly selective with my defoliation as I don’t want to take away too much from them as they flower.. you think I could do with some more thinning out? Hard to tell while she’s lying all over herself I guess

It's so crazy how quick they can bounce back @Herb Dean! :headbanger::ganjamon:
Everything is looking happy and healthy in there! :bravo::Namaste:

It's so crazy how quick they can bounce back @Herb Dean! :headbanger::ganjamon:
Everything is looking happy and healthy in there! :bravo::Namaste:
So crazy hey bro! They definitely have a hunger to get that light haha

Was a little concerned with how dense it is in there at the moment but I’ve already taken big bunches of fan leaves off them and don’t want to overdo it.

It’s a bit of a balancing act I guess to make sure you take off just enough and not too much :laughtwo:

Hey Herby, looking awesome!
Maybe just take a bit at a time, but once they start budding seriously, maybe stop then.
Love ya plants, goin good guns.

Thanks mate! I’ll assess them when I get home from work tonight and do some selective pruning then.

My main concern is I don’t want any mould or powdery mildew issues and my humidity ranges anywhere from 50-70% at the moment.

Any do’s or don’t’s with trimming at this stage? The goal is to basically get light to bud sites and free up some airspace right?

Try and just take leaves blocking light to budsites, thinning around the canopy under,the main budsites and into the centre is a good start. Dont be scared mate its better to take it off now, later in flower you can only do lil bits.
Airflow will increase and with less bio mass the humidity should drop a little...
hopefully. Not too bad , try to keep it under 65%.
Those cupboard moisture absorbing containers work, for getting rid of damp.

All lookin good there HD. Watched a vid. somewhere on utube showing a continuous 24hr. time lapse of a bunch of plants growing. Oddly enough they are more active after lights out then when on. They could tell and react just before lights on each morning with a little dance, so cool.

Perfect :slide::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom