1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

Like i honestly must of came down just in time or idk like i think if it fell in middle of the night and i check it at around 1030pm and it wasnt onyl a little burnt i must of went to check it out at the right time. I would think if it fell in the middle of the night it would of caused a fire maybe? But the big light is strapped in nice i have 2 ihooks in beams handing down with alumimum wires its pretty heavy stuff i could barely cut through it with a brand new wire cutter lol

Even if you're going with a couple of regulars at 12/12, wouldn't hurt to add autos too :) just sad to see the precious space that's WELL LIT all over go to waste lol :laughtwo: If you had a 400 I'd say yeh go with 3 big plants under it, but the lumens are available and shining :)

It wouldn't really stunt them, they'll take the 12 hours of light but they won't be too happy with it. So your yield will definitely suffer, but you'll still get some good bud. If you're looking for a perpetual harvest, like 1 plant every week, then go with all autos. If you're looking to mix it up, I say veg regulars for 2 months (they veg at 20/4 or 18/6 really good) alongside the autos growing. That way your autos will finish in 2 months and you harvest them, then flip to 12/12 where you have regulars all vegged and ready for flowering. A 2 month vegged regular with some topping and LST will yield a lot of premium bud.
All in all you have a lot of options buddy :) Please share thoughts on what you're planning to do, there's nothing I love more than suggesting "grow plans" lol, especially if autos are involved. I'm sure spring agrees on how flexible autos are.

:rofl::slide::yahoo: This is so exciting!

Just let your autos grow out like usual and harvest in 2 months or so. During this period take good care of your 3 regulars. They will veg and grow really big in 9-10 weeks. During this time make sure you top and LST and form a nice big bush with even side branches. As soon as you harvest your autos you'll have 3 monsters dying to flower. Flip to 12/12, do a scrog over them maybe :)? Then flower those bad boys.. I mean girls!! GIIRRLS! no boys allowed in the garden :)

Yes HPS will do excellent for both. MH is usually preferred for vegetative growth, but hps will still do a great job. You could always get a mixed spectrum 1000W and make all your plants happy :). But yes an HPS will do a very nice job throughout.

The auto's are completely flexible. I do 18/6 but 12/12 will work fine. Gets em a bit jumpy but you'll get nice bud. You can also do work with the lights off. Auto's could care less if you get light on them during dark periods. This makes it easier to mix them in with regulars.

Use CFLs man. Even if you get the MH early don't use it right away. I usually keep them under CFL's for the first 2 weeks. Keeps them nice and short, and hey, 1 26W is enough for a plant up to 2 weeks so it's pretty efficient. Keeps the internodal space shorter. HID lights (mh/hps) are a bit too intense for young seedlings, especially a 1000W.

To be honest I have 8" plants growing in a 3Gal next to a 3 foot plant in a 2Gal. All autos, same soil, same nutes, only difference is genetics. So I found it really puzzling on finding the right size container. Each strain is different so do what's best for yours. You can be safe and go with all 5gallons if you have the soil.
On the regulars, I'm very inexperienced so I can't be much help. I think there's an advantage to transplanting but I don't do it. I just start them where they'll finish it's easier lol. + my grow is in my bedroom so I'd rather skip the mess of transplanting. I don't know what I'm talking about here, just telling what I do. All the regulars I have I put in 4 gallon pots that I'm planning to keep till they finish. I think that's plenty of root space to grow for a tent-grow.

Back
Top Bottom