1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

Well great deal but it seems the bulb was no good I left it on for about 2 hours . The temp went from 77 to 82 so I ran out bought a 6" inline fan for it I ran the duct and all that and in 20 mins of the fan being in the bulb blew out. I called my local hydroponics store they said it was the bulb . So I'm going out to buy a new bulb tomorrow to find out .

oh soy I'm sorry to hear that man. I'm glad it's the bulb tho! That's the easiest replaceable part :) I think plantmax 1000 goes for like $37 online. In your situation you have to run and get one from the store because you have to. But I'd order one of these babies as back up? takes a week or so to deliver but you're in no rush :) I assure you that inline will solve your temp problem completely.
I'm curious, is there a filter to go with the inline setup? Pics :)? I'm excited to see your new setup, a 1000W sounds so "badass" (for the lack of a better word to describe what I mean lol).

HERE WE GO GUYS!

2012-11-14_12_23_04.jpg

2012-11-14_12_22_49.jpg

2012-11-14_12_22_37.jpg

Setup looks great man! I'm also curious to see how that fan does. Is it moving much air soysawce? I've never had one of those. It's not a can fan is it spring? I though cans were centrifugal not inline boosters. This looks like an inline booster not a centrifugal. I'm baked so I might just be confused for now :lot-o-toke:

Yeh man you can toss a lot of plants under that light. 82 is not bad, Spring grew some awesome bud and I think his temps were 81-82 throughout. A lot of guys on here are growing at low 80's and it goes better than fine. If it becomes a problem, however, you'll have to get an inline fan to cool it. That will definitely do the job.

Something upsetting happened earily today i forgot to mention. All is good now but when i went down this morning to take out the broken bulb to bring it to the hydroponics store to show the person working there asking why it blew out. Behind the new light if you can see the lamps and stuff in the backround i have them all hanging from a pole like for closet to hang cloths and such. I had it like this the whole time growing on the pole. And when i got this new setup i took it all down the pole and everything but when the bulb popped im like ugh god now i have to put all the lights back up. But when i did put the pole back in it never full reached across so i had duct taped it in the past to keep it steady and i forgot to tape it this time and when i came down in the morning the pole was on top of the plant with all the lights it knocked over both of the 2 liter i spilt some soil and all the water that was in it all over the floor . I lost 1 branch from the big plant it must of snapped it on the fall. None of the bulbs popped which amazed me and i am so happy none didnt break on my babys. But i did burn the little one on the outside tip a little and it burned a fan leaf a little bit on the big guy well also the branch. Im kind of medicated right now so i feel like me typing all this i feel like im all over the place trying to explain this right now so sorry if i confuse a little.

:)

If you plant one every week, you'll be harvesting one every week for a long long time :) By the time you're planting a 10th seed you'll be harvesting #1. On a constant basis you'll have 8 autos growing under the light with 2 young seedlings under 1 CFL. And it goes on and on. Of course there's a lot of other things you can do. I just like autos for the flexibility of the photoperiod.

Soy,
You can grow a ton of auto's in that space with that gear! Like ISmokes said you could harvest at your choosing given the strain is familiar too you. Not sure on the exact name of that type of fan. I have heard them called booster fans and inline fans. Many E companies and wholesalers sell them as inline fans but this is what you get. Depot typically calls them a booster fan because they are used for A/C and heat to reach out farther without drop off. I have seen folks use them as inlines with success.

Yep! online is the way to go with shopping if you're not in a hurry man. Hydro stores sure are a rip off. It's sad. Especially in lights, everything is double the price of the internets lol.
Man that was a close one with your lights!!! woeefff! good thing it took minimal damage. Make sure everything is good and tight in place man. My older tent collapsed once and it was horrible. An LED panel hit a plant on its way down, well the tent didn't collapse, just the crossbars. But these crossbars were holding an inline fan, filter, led's, cfl's. It scared the hell out of me because I kept thinking "what if I wasn't home?". With all the CFLs in there I'm sure a fire was just waiting to happen. My dog was in the same room ahhh, too medicated to think about it lol. I was lucky to have a good tent arrive just a day before that happened. So I did the switch fast and everything was good.. long baked story I know, but keep it safe man that's our #1 priority :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom