1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

wont be long, i just need to clear a cupboard or something to veg them, my grow room cant really take any more lights other than the 600 w hps atm, im fully passive with 1 small desk fan blowing on the tube, lol.

i have 6 prepped atm, they are sat in a tank of water in the grow room...im studying how long it takes for the soil to dry out without roots pulling up moisture, and how long that size tank can sit in the heat before i need to refresh it e.t.c

basically, grow 4 will take a little to get started, but its pulling together all the little facts, choices and bits of equipment ive managed to scrounge up. this will be several rungs above grow 3 (which is still active). i will get some photo's up as soon as possible. cant believe my camera is borked =(

talking with donpaul and co about fishtank water...at some point down the line im going to get a big fish pond in the garden and maintain it well...then im going to steal its water, run it through the roots of my plants and then pump it back to the fish....great thing about this is in winter time i could probably use it to liquid cool my lights and the slightly warm water will help keep the fishies comfortable and no frozen pond or, when im running 2 or 4 600w i can heat the pond all year round and go for more exotic fish...tho im sure even PC plod would raise an eyebrow at a school of Zebra Danios (like 80f water) sunning themselves in the dead of winter in an unpowered pool :rofl:

Here some shots here.
I smoked some of this i only had half a joint and high.
2012-11-02_13_26_56.jpg

2012-11-02_13_25_02.jpg

For some reason i cant upload photos there is no browse file button haha ill upload them as soon as i see it appear haha.

Bought more seeds guys!
What i ordered:
Dutch Passion Taiga Autoflowering
Dutch Passion Auto Mazar
Dutch Passion Think Different Auto

Freebies:
Delicious Seeds Critical Jack Herer
Samsara Seeds Automatic Ultraviolet
G13 Labs Diesel Auto
G13 Labs Blue OG
G13 Labs White Lavender

Awesome deal on att right now spend 30 euro and get all these free. Also going to grab a hps in a couple weeks . Once all these autos are done and grown i will grow the photoperiod ones and clone etc etc.

Great pick up!! The Auto Mazer and Think Different are great auto Strains. You made a great informed choice. They can both yield big given conditions are met. Cant wait till you start those!

basically. every plant has an inherant humidity level. i think our plant runs at around 90% humidity inside itself.

this is coming from 2 angles.

1st is to be able to snip a bud from the plant and weight it..based on its wet weight we should be able to mathmatically reduce its humidity conted, thus revealing a close aproximation to its dry weight.

2nd is to be able to weigh an entire plant, still in its pot and be able to estimate its dry yeild using a similar equation.

for example, my new hydroganic grow will be using pots that all weigh between 1575 and 1600 gramms, we can expect that at least 60% of the plant weight is 'non usable' like stalk and leaves.

so lets say i have grown a plant and in its pot it weights 3kilo.

we minus 1600 grams because of the pot
leaving 1400 grams.
we now times that by .4 (removing the unusable from the calculation)
leaving 560 gramms.
this is wet bud.
lets say we want an end product with 50% humidity and we are starting with one that has 90% i guess we could times that 560 by .9 and that should give us the weight of water inside.
504g of water. then i guess we half that number then put back the missing part we lost just doing the .9

so 252+56=308 gramms of dry bud estimate for a plant in my pot weighing a total of 3 kilo at the day before harvest...

thats basicly the kind of formulae's im trying to get hold of...could make things a hell of a lot easier to do the guesswork.

Now that you reworded your theory I understand. Looks as if ISmokes and yourself have it laid out well.

lmao theories and ideas i have in abundance... a decent english education to put thoughts into words...i do not =/

ah well, the theory is solid, creating the math to fit the theory will be a challenge. not so much with the bud one, but the whole plant one will be tough.

ill start on my first kc45 harvest. ill just weigh each plant on chop day and weight the buds after and make note of both numbers for each plant, eventually there will be a fairly consistant % ratio....now appliying the formula to total defoliation will be another matter entirely, lol.

i know that feeling, i got 8 autos that are 1/3rd orange pistils so far. ill get round to checking the trichs but i know its just around the corner =D and my house fukn stinks. its leaking from the pores of the house and can be spelled at some distance..

carbon filter and fan are next on my shopping list, lol. its winter here so im just going to clean the air them push it down to the bottom of the house, might save some heating bills =D

I do not have any experience with MH or HPS with auto's. Many of the auto growers I have talked with start with CFL's. That said I do start with a mixed spectrum mostly 70/30 in favor of veg around 4 weeks I switch to a 80/20 in favor of flower. So in answer to your question minus the drab I just typed... sure treat the auto like a regular and switch lamps accordingly. IMHO switch at 4 weeks. That's just been successful for me and the 5 auto's I have now.

i would switch when you see several pistils per bud. you dont want to switch too soon or youll suffer stretch or too late and you lose potential yield.

its tough to measure in weeks because of the different phenotypes.

type 1 autos are circa 50 days where as type 2 are 100 days.

i would also start with CFL's you dont need much light at all to prevent stretch and grow vegitation. 1 or 2 cfls per plant is usually enough. unless it wourks out cheaper to use a MH i wouldnt botther (purchase costs+running costs)

My temp has been down a bit since its getting a bit cooler outside. Its been 70 in the grow room humidity finally came up i had it down to 25 so i turned off the dehumidifier and its been down for almost a week its back at 40%. Im getting a great deal for a 1000w hps with everything i need with bulbs for the same price as the 400w i was going to buy. I will have this in a week.

Back
Top Bottom