1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

Hey Soy,

I use cfls until I get rapid veg growth then switch to MH. I think 1000watts is great, but you will need to be able to get rid of all heat. My 600 watt has my flower room consistently at 82 degrees with the AC running and a 6" inline fan running. With 1000 w you will need somewheres around a 12" fan. That's the only bad part abou HID lighting. Well temps and electricity costs. But you can grow some huge buds, as long as you don't burn them to death. My brother runs 2-1000's he also has an AC unit, and a 12" fan.

Soy congrats on the 1000 watter. That's one hell of a light bro. I'm running a 600, and trust me you need an air tight air cooled reflector. It's very much worth the investment. Without it, I'm afraid TG40 is right and heat will be a nightmare. You'll be surprised at how cool your room will run with a good reflector. Don't get a cool tube :)

The light reflection and distribution wasn't ideal. I had a cool tube that I ran for about 2 weeks, I really didn't like it. It was a cheaper cool tube from fleabay. It's a lot better than having nothing at all to cool the bulb, but I noticed much better light reflection with a hood.
I have a friend running a cool tube but his cab is small and narrow, so the tube kind of fills up the roof area. In that case I think it's great to have. I guess it all depends on what's most suitable for your grow :).

Ive seen people that have regular fans right on the bulb to keep it cool. Do you really think im goign to need a special fan? Budget is pretty tight on this light but im picking it up prob tomorrow. I would like to break out the hps on the plant that is flowering now but i still have those little babys so if i use the hps only will the babys still grow good?

I can't really say much soysawce. I'm not experienced with variety of methods at all. All I can do is provide feedback on stuff that I actually did. Regular fan might work for you because you say your ambient temps are dropping, and will definitely drop some more in a month. You might end up needing the heat from the bulb lol :). You'll be the best judge on this.
And about your question, yes they'll grow good under HPS. It's not preferred because they stretch and the light can get too intense if close to the plant. It's preferred to start with CFL then move to HPS or MH whatever the case is. But they'll will definitely be more than fine under hps as soon as they have a couple of good leaves. Good luck man, a 1000W sounds intimidating to me tbh :)

I wouldn't use it. It would blow unfiltered air through the hood and you would have to clean the hood every other day. That's why people attach the carbon scrubber before the hood. That way the fan pulls clean air through the reflector. (The prefilter on carbon scrubbers is what catches the dust). If you're not running a carbon filter and just want to cool your hood, I suggest you add a HEPA filter or prefilter material that the air goes through before entering the hood. But it's really up to you, try stuff and do what's best for your grow and situation :).
I completely agree with spring, if you're planning to buy one of those blowers then definitely don't. Just buy an inline for much cheaper.

digital ballast + bulb + AC reflector for 250 is a great deal! I got my 600 kit for almost 40% off and it was still more than 250 lol.
You won't regret getting a filter/fan combo. If smell is no issue and you don't want to buy a filter, i still suggest buying a prefilter (usually less than $10) and placing it on the end of the reflector where the air enters to be pulled (makes sense?).

Back
Top Bottom