2 600's, Ebb & Gro, WW_Violator Kush_PPP

Thanks Pan.

Yeah, the new job should be good.. Still a job though. Same old corporate bullshit.

Wish I could just grow plants for a living..

Damm I wish I could work after I broke my back fusion they told me no work til it's fixed. No money to fix it so here I am. We are saving up to move to a place where we can do this for a living.:cheer:

Pan4

Well, today starts the 8th and final week of flower for most of my plants.

I changed the rez for the last time yesterday. The new solution is at 770ppm. One thing I've noticed throughout this grow is that the PPM on the H&G nutes is far less than other numbers I've seen posted. I think the highest it ever got was about 1300ppm. Seems to be working though.

The plants are looking really good. The WWs and VKs are showing lots of amber trichomes. I'd say at least 50% right now on most of them.

I plan to harvest next Sunday. I think rather than flushing the whole system and going back to nutes for the PPP and Powerskunks, I'm going to disconnect the plants I'm planning to harvest from the system and flush them by hand for a few days with plain RO water.

I've read a few things that suggest you should chop them right before the lights come on while the starch levels are lowest so I'll probably try to do that. I also read that if you drop the humidity way low for the last week it will stimulate more resin production, so I cranked up the dehumidifier to high. The rh is staying at about 30% right now. I have no idea if any of this stuff is true so please speak up if you think I'm screwing this up!

Here are some pics. I'll try to post individual pics of each plant as I harvest them next week.

A shot of the garden:
Garden9.JPG

The pure power plant below. The branches are getting heavy on this thing so I had to tie it up to the wall. Really an amazing plant.
PPP4.JPG

Tied_up_ppp.JPG

White Widow buds:
WW114.JPG

WW210.JPG

Violator Kush Bud:
VK1.JPG

The power skunks are still really stringy, but the buds are fattening up a bit. They look like they're going to be a total pain in the ass to harvest and trim compared to the rest. Can't really complain about free bud though..
Powerskunk1.JPG

Have a great weekend!:Rasta:

I hate to flush the PPP and Power Skunks while they're still flowering, but I don't really see any other choice. This is one drawback to the ebb & gro system.

I've been trying to get my head around solving this type of issue as I'm in the process of implementing my E&G. Got my tent up and migrated the lighting and ventilation setup formt he smaller tent to it. Still need to set the 3rd light up but no need for it yet. Anyways... I was thinking of ultimately looking into second setup and running 2 res, 2 ctrlr's, with 6 sites each, or however many I can comfortably fit. This way I would have to ability to manage 2 strains (if need be) and 2 harvest cycles. Without seperate res and controllers there is really no other way around it I beleive. Pretty much the same with any hydro system Everyone eats from the same pot so...

What do you guys think? Will the PPP and PowerSkunks be ok getting flushed and going back on nutes again for another week then flushing again? I'm using some stuff from H&G called drip clean. You use .4ml/gal for the entire cycle and it is supposed to shorten up your flush time to 2-3 days so at least it's a short flush..

I think you are robbing the plant of nutrients during one of the most crucial points in the grow. I leave it up to you here to do the lesser of 2 evils. Bring one too far or starve the other..? tough choice. I would probably try to bring the other further than cut anyone short on nutes. Just my humble opinion though.

Another thing I am considering is only harvesting the tops of the VKs and WWs on 5/3 and lowering the light to fatten up the bottom buds a bit more since I'm going to be running the system an extra week anyways. Think this is a good idea?

I have done this with semi success. The lower buds will never meet or exceed the size or density of the top buds will will still mature up a bit more and maybe get a bit more dense. I say go for it you dont have any thing to lose.

Looking great. Besides dropping the rh, I have also seen where many have had good luck with dropping the temps a bit during the last week.. This is often how you get the fantastic colors to show in the plants. Also helps really lay on the crystals.

your plants look great, awesome colas.

I wouldn't chop early unless your flush is complete be it gradual or hard and fast.

your results are amazing, I'd love to see a cap running home and garden vs the rest so we could end this nutrient yield debate.

home and garden is expensive but I heard it was highly concentrated, how much value do you feel in the product for its prices so far?

Thanks guys.

Looks like my wife solved my flushing problem for me. She says she wants "all that shit" out of the house.

I'll be harvesting all of them this weekend and moving them to a buddy's house to hang.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Truck Nuts- I'm really happy with the H&G Nutes. I'm looking at it with a pretty limited frame of reference, but I'd say it's an awesome value. The $500 worth of H&G turned into probably $5000 worth of bud..

I'd hang the wife at a buddy's house :) Did she not know what you were up to all this time?

Thanks guys.

Looks like my wife solved my flushing problem for me. She says she wants "all that shit" out of the house.

I'll be harvesting all of them this weekend and moving them to a buddy's house to hang.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Truck Nuts- I'm really happy with the H&G Nutes. I'm looking at it with a pretty limited frame of reference, but I'd say it's an awesome value. The $500 worth of H&G turned into probably $5000 worth of bud..

: )

Naa, she knew. She's just pissed at me.

It all started because I went to the bar the other night and one of my buddies took my phone in the bathroom and took some really fucked up pictures. He tucked his junk between his legs and took a mangina picture. Looked just like a chick. She doesn't believe me and thinks I've been messing around on her.

Now she wants me to quit growing and skydiving and kung fu and everything else I like and start acting like a "normal man". She wants me to go to counseling and start liking yardwork and bowling and shit I guess.

We've got 5 kids so she's pretty much got me by the short and curlys. She says I'm setting a bad example.

A wise man once told me "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened." So I sit here smiling.:grinjoint:

Another fine example of why I'll probably never get married or willingly have children :)

ps.. Ask her to define normal. If she lets you grow outside I'm sure you'll love doing yard work.

I feel like there needs to be a 420 singles website ;)

edit.. haha just checked and wouldnt you know someone already thought if it.

Back
Top Bottom