1000w Ebb & Gro - 10 Easyryders (Ak47 X LR#2)

Blazin- you need to flush like you said you were going to do, then only feed every third watering with full strength nutes. 10 days before your ready to harvest only feed with pure water, no nutrients. this will eliminate the chemical taste. you could even water with the pinapple floranectar to add yummy tastes instead. no need to switch to the organics line, thats expensive!

actually i was comparing some prices and what not and their organic line is very comparable to everything else price wise. the most expensive thing in there i think is the bio bud which at that was only like 36 bucks for a liter, the rest of them are right around 16-20 a piece and its only like a 6 or 7 nute line up with the cal mag bio root etc.

Well my controller bucket failed today. This is the 2nd controller bucket thats failed and luckily I bought a spare one last time this happened. The spare is in there doing its job and I'm shipping the otherone to R&M supply and they'll fix it and ship it back for free.

Upon examination of the old broken controller I noticed I had some small bugs living in the water so I'm going to nuke them with my Greenlight organic pesticide today.

As far as nutrients... I've got a gallon of floranova bloom that expires this month and I've decided to switch over to the Lucas formula. Its just 8ml per gallon and thats it. One part formula.

I just filled an auxillery res with 15 gallons of lucas water and depending on how they respond i'll either keep it and dump the other barrel of nutrients I have or I'll chuck it if I don't like it.

ppms are raising. went from 1030 to 1100 in two floods. I'm hoping they are just thirsty but it could have something to do with these small bugs.

I'll do a picture update in a bit but for now i'm going to bed. spent all night shimmying around in my tent replacing the controller bucket.

over-n-out

thats a bummer on the control bucket glad u had a spare my ppms go up as they eat or drink i just top rez with h2o to keep ppms at desired level & it also prevents rez from getting toxic :grinjoint:

thats a bummer on the control bucket glad u had a spare my ppms go up as they eat or drink i just top rez with h2o to keep ppms at desired level & it also prevents rez from getting toxic :grinjoint:

yeah thats what I did. I've got some exciting news regarding my res change so stay tuned for the update coming up!

Got a question.... what is a control bucket? Thanks

If you google the Cap Ebb and Gro system there is a controller bucket that is plumbed to all the other buckets that controls the floods they are in. If you look at my first updates where the plants are small you can see my controller bucket in the upper right hand side of the tent. They are like 250 bucks and for some reason I had a spare ?!?! lol

Hey TMac12,

Google recirculating DWC systems. It literally controls the water levels.

Taxx

I have actually looked into those quite extensively. I did a bunch of research on DWC , Ebb flow, NFT and a few other methods before I decided to go with the 'simplicity' the ebb and gro was supposed to provide.
At least they are replacing my controller for free right?

Dont you just love Google?? :tokin:

yes. yes i do. I'd be growing in miracle grow with time release nutrients and bagseed if i didn't have google.

Day 53

So I updated earlier today and said that I switched out my res for an experimental Lucas Formula test last night.

The plants have been drinking that water all day and guess what....

THEY EXPLODED.

yes you heard right. the buds literally doubled in size in one day and they drank around 5 gallons of water. the leaves are reaching almost straight up.

I've had a plant, monster plant, in the back left of the tent that has always been droopy no matter what I do but not today. The leaves are praying for more light along with all the others!

Also, major major crystal development. The leaves are glittery with resin.

This grow is finally taking off again after another week long stall. Jesus I can't wait for the next grow when I finally know what I'm doing . lol

Enough talk. See for yourself.

HPIM2489.JPG
HPIM24881.JPG
HPIM2487.JPG
HPIM24861.JPG
HPIM24851.JPG

Day 56​

Buds really swelling up.

As much as they seemed to like the lucas formula I was getting some yellowing on the lower leaves. I know its normal during late flowering but there was mottling and a little drooping so I decided to take action.

Added water and filled the res up to the 45 gallon mark
Added 2 tbs Beastie Bloomz
Also Added 150ml Advances' Overdrive
50ml 35% h2o2

PH 5.85
PPM 1150
Temp 61.5

Temps in tent - 61 night / 77 day

HPIM2498.JPG
HPIM2497.JPG
HPIM2496.JPG
HPIM24951.JPG
HPIM2494.JPG
HPIM2493.JPG
HPIM2492.JPG
HPIM2491.JPG
HPIM2490.JPG

You said u spent a lot on nutrients, which brand are u using. I use advanced and i know they can break a bank. Took me two years to get thier grand master collection

You said u spent a lot on nutrients, which brand are u using. I use advanced and i know they can break a bank. Took me two years to get thier grand master collection

I use advanced too, as stated many times throughout the grow. Sensi A+B , B-52 .

Its not that much, like 40 bucks for a gallon jug of each but I feel like I could be getting way more bang for my buck with general hydro's expert line (its only 190 bucks for everything i'd need for a couple grows)

Back
Top Bottom