2 600's, Ebb & Gro, WW_Violator Kush_PPP

I decided to wait on the Algecide. I think they're doing better now. I covered up all the exposed rapid rooters with more hydroton to cut off the light on the algae. Seems to be working. I think I was watering too much too. I cut it back from 6 flood cycles a day to 4.

I changed the res on the ebb & gro yesterday. The new solution is at 5.8 for ph. I didn't have to add any ph up or down. Just got lucky. The ppm is at 670 (started out last week at 460, then I watered it down to 360 when they started turning brown). No more nute burn so far after 3 flood cycles. The plants are looking really happy so far.

I changed the res on the DWC this morning. I've been using the Techna Flora nutes that came with the ebb & gro in here. The recommended ppm for these nutes is a lot higher than the HG. This week they're at 1100ppm. The plants are doing ok. Their roots are growing out the bottom of the baskets into the water and they look nice and white. I'm not real impressed with the power skunks compared to the others though. They're not growing as fast and they're kind of spindly and stretched out looking. The ones in the ebb & gro with the HG nutes are doing a little better, but not as well as the WWs and VKs. I can't complain though since they were free. I just hope a couple end up being female.

I'm going to veg 1 more week and then switch to 12/12.

Here are some pics.

Violator Kush #3
VK_32.JPG

Seedsman White Widow #4
SeedsmanWW_4.JPG

G13 White Widow
G13_WW.JPG

The injured Violator Kush recovering nicely.
Injured_VK.JPG

Power Skunk #1
PowerSkunk.JPG

Power Skunk #2
Power_Skunk_2.JPG

Practice plant buds
Practice_plant1.JPG

Practice_plant_21.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!

smokin:nsmn8r, plants are looking better the # ww4, pic tells great facial expression in the mylar.
By the way, What island are you on?
Hawaii, since 1975 Aloha :surf::

Hey guys. Things are looking good here.

My camera died so I didn't get to take a lot of the pics I wanted share, but I'll post what I got.

One of the Power Skunks is stretching way more than the rest so I took Pan's advice and topped it. The thing is still stretching like crazy. Its only got like 3 nodes, but it's one of the tallest plants in the garden. Topping seemed to make it stretch even more. I bent it over and tied the tip down.

Here are some pics.
Stretchy_Power_Skunk.JPG

LST'd PowerSkunk
LST_Power_Skunk.JPG

I wish I got some better pics of the rest of them before my battery went dead. They're growing so fast it's unreal.

Here are a couple of the bagseed plants.
HPS_Side.JPG

Bagseed_buds.JPG

I took out the MH bulb and put in the other HPS and switched to 12/12 this weekend. I took 7 cuttings Friday night. It's been 3 days and they're all still alive. Hopefully they will root for me. I cut them at 45deg and dipped them in root tech and put them in rapid rooters. I have them sitting on a heat mat.
Clones25.JPG

My plan right now is to make a couple more DWCs and grow these up under the 600W MH. I'd like to have 1 White Widow, 1 Violator Kush and 1 PPP to take clones from for my next grow. I'm hoping timing will work out so that I'll have rooted clones ready to put in the ebb & gro as soon as I harvest the plants that are in it right now.

I'll go buy a new battery tomorrow and throw up some more pics of the rest of the plants.

Well, they just finished their first week of 12/12. They are now 1 month
from seed. I found 2 males this morning. Seedsman's White Widows 1 and 4.
It really sucks because they were the 2 biggest healthiest looking plants
I had. One seed didn't germ so I got 2 females out of 5 feminized seeds. Bummer..

I can't tell on the PowerSkunks yet, but the Violator Kush's, PPP and G13 Labs
White Widow are all female though. And they look goood!

I added on to the box by opening the doors up and covering the top
and front with black plastic. Basically doubled the size to 7X7. I also
added a dehumidifier, a bean bag chair and a 400W MH over the DWC
and the bagseed plants.

Changed the Rez again today. PPM is now at 710 and ph is at 5.7 I started adding the CalMag this week too .

I also started using the H&G Nutes from the Ebb & Grow on the DWC instead of the Techna Flora.

Here are some Pics:

A couple pics of the inside of the box with the addition.
Inside_addition1.JPG

Inside_addition.JPG

Below is the PPP
PPP3.JPG

Some great big VK Leaves
Big_VK_Leaves.JPG

Big_VK_leaf.JPG

Here's the big Male WW. This thing was almost 30 inches tall. Hard to believe it's only a month old.
MaleSS4.JPG

Check out its roots.
Male_Roots.JPG

The male parts:
Male13.JPG

Male21.JPG

And a pic of a bud on the bagseed plants. These are now startin their 6th week of 12/12 light. I think they're doing pretty good for a 2-liter full of miracle grow and nothing else but water and light. I can't wait to see
how the buds from the hydro system compare.
Bagseed_Bud.JPG

Thanks for looking!

very nice. Looks like you did your homework before getting your feet wet. I haven't read the entire thread yet. Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but you dont need a MH conversion bulb for your lumatek ballast. Lumatek ballasts can run HPS or MH. No need to spend the extra money on a conversion bulb. Nice system. Seems like alot of people are starting to use the ebb & gro all the sudden. I've been using it for over 3 years. Still no major complaints at all. I love it.

Thanks Stix. I've learned a lot from reading your journals. I just finished reading about your scrog. I think I'm going to try that on my next grow.

Oh yeah, and on the MH conversion bulb-- I had heard that about the Lumatek ballasts and that was partly why I went with them, but then I found out that no one makes a 600W MH Bulb. It goes from 400 to 1000. So I had to go with a conversion bulb anyways..

Thanks Ms. Fox, Pitviper, Captain Walker, Flyfishinrock & CannabisLeo! I appreciate the kind words. This website is great. There's no way my garden could be where it is right now without everything I learned from 420 Magazine.

Cannabisleo, I haven't had any problems with the Hydroton floating, but
I'll look into Higromite for my next run. As far as biological elements, I'm using some stuff from Humboldt called Great White. It's a "mycorrhizal fungus". Is that comparable to the products you mentioned?
Here's a link: Plant Success Great White | Humboldt Wholesale
I think this stuff has a lot to do with the nice roots I'm getting.

I'll have to do a little more research on CMH, but one downside I've read about already is that you can't use a digital ballast with those. Not sure if the benefits outweigh the hassles and extra expenses. I'll look for some grow journals where they're being used. If it's that big an improvement, I'll switch to them for my next grow. Thanks for the tips!

Hey Cannabisleo. Don't worry about posting too much in this journal.
The more the better. Especially when it's as informative as the stuff
you post! I can use all the info I can get.

It doesn't look like the CMH's are going to work out for me though. As far as I can tell they don't make big ones.

For my next run, I'm planning to scrap the whole box and the fresh air system.
I think I'm going to go with 2 1000's and 18 buckets on the ebb & gro. I think I'm just going to use the whole room that it's in. I'm planning to cover the walls and ceiling with panda film and seal the whole room up good and run some CO2. I just bought a Fujitsu Mini-Split Unit A/C for humidity and temp control.

Thanks again for the tips. If there's anything else you can think of that I
might be missing, please don't hold back.

See ya,

Tony

Well I liked reading about the CMH bulbs. Im sure I would have stumbled on some info about them but thank you @CannabisLeo You seem very enthusiastic about them and from what I have read they seem like they would work very good. I like the fact that they have such a good spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom