2000 Watt, 20 Plant, Indoor, GDP, My First Grow, Advice Welcomed

calisfinest

WELCOME TO MY GROW ROOM
rsz_31gdp_001.jpg

So i have 20 GDP clones, well thats what i paid for atleast. I got 20 GDP clones from the club and after 20 days or so, it looks like i have 18 GDP's and 2 ??? plants. If i were to guess , i would say kush, so look out for those! I brought these clones home as little cuttings that had just rooted in rockwool cubes. I transplanted them to red dixie cups, then 1 gallon pots, then to the 3 gallon pots their in now. The soil is complicated. I used black gold all the way up till the 3 gallon transplant. For that transplant i used half black gold and half root organics. The nutes i use are Flora Nova by General Hydroponics. I keep my ph between 6.0 and 6.5. The temp in my room never gets hotter than 80 degrees but can get as cold as 55 degrees in the right conditions.

THE SETUP
I have two one thousand watt HPS lights being air cooled by a 6" hydrofarm inline fan.
GDP_025.jpg

GDP_026.jpg

GDP_027.jpg

This inline is pushing hot air out of the room
GDP_028.jpg

This inline fan is pulling in cool air from outside

THE PLANTS
Day 34 and still vegging. The plants arn't all at the size i want so im gonna veg them under 24 hrs. of light until they are big enough, probably a week max. These plants were just FIMed about a week ago.
rsz_gdp_009.jpg

rsz_gdp_010.jpg

rsz_gdp_011.jpg

rsz_gdp_012.jpg

This is one of the two plants that i suspect might be a kush plant
rsz_gdp_014.jpg

rsz_gdp_017.jpg

rsz_gdp_006.jpg

rsz_gdp_020.jpg

On this one you can notice some yellowing on a leaf or two. This next pic is of the center 5 plants i have in my room. There is some yellowing on these pants too. Im really not sure wat to do or why there yellow. Over-watering?? under-watering?? Too much nutes or unbalanced nutes in soil?? Any advice here would help!!! either way im about to flush them before i switch to flowering.
rsz_gdp_018.jpg

rsz_gdp_019.jpg

rsz_gdp_022.jpg

Also theres wat looks to be some nibbles on my leaves. As if there were caterpillars eating my plants. but as much as i look through the plants, i find no bugs, only signs of bugs.Any ideas on how to fix this???
GDP_032.jpg

GDP_034.jpg

GDP_035.jpg

Also, i kno how green light is reflected and not obsorbed, so it can be shown in the dark period, but im not sure about green CFL's?? same rule??
GDP_036.jpg

Wicked grow setup brotha! I love the whole room setup, I wish someday to be able to do that. Growing in tents gets cramped and old after a while.

I would approach your yellowing leafs as a nitrogen def. Well a slight def. it is nothing to serious at this point. I Know you said your using flora nova but at what strength are you feeding your girls? If I were you and at the same point of progress I would be feeding with a vegetated concentration of 1.0 EC until flip with a about a week transition during the first week of bloom.

Those bugs bites dont seem to be a real problem. I mean as long as they are not present on every single plant and overwhelming the plants then I would consider it a fluke. I get plants through out a cycle that fall prey to a couple nibbles here and there. No biggie......Looking at the picture though it seems as though it is only a deformity in the leaf tissue it self. Being that they grew from clones that is very plausible. The original set of little blades that usually get snipped during the rooting process usually grow up to look deformed while all the new foliage produced by the new root growth grows fine and healthy in appearance. That looks like what happened to your plant. My observation.......

Anyways, ill be following this thread. You have a nice setup up and I like the 2k above 20 plants or 18 plants? Which ever it maybe..:bravo::nicethread:

I would approach your yellowing leafs as a nitrogen def. Well a slight def. it is nothing to serious at this point. I Know you said your using flora nova but at what strength are you feeding your girls?

Gotta agree here. I use FloraNova as well, but like to give them some Mexican bat guano tea during veg. Keeps 'em a healthy green and kicks out some good growth too. Btw, I have 28 gdps and 7 Hindu Kush runnin right now and your ??? plants look a lot like the HK's.

Those bugs bites dont seem to be a real problem. I mean as long as it they are not present on every single plant and overwhelming the plants then I would consider it a fluke. I get plants through out a cycle that fall prey to a couple nibbles here and there.

Saw the same thing with my last gro but never saw anymore than a few gnats in the garden. :grinjoint:

I would approach your yellowing leafs as a nitrogen def. Well a slight def. it is nothing to serious at this point. I Know you said your using flora nova but at what strength are you feeding your girls? If I were you and at the same point of progress I would be feeding with a vegetated concentration of 1.0 EC until flip with a about a week transition during the first week of bloom.

I am actually feeding them 1 tsp/gal which is a early growth feeding at 1.3 EC. Im going to flush them today just to make sure theres not a nutrient imbalance in my soil. And if it is a Nitrogen def., how would i correct that?

Gotta agree here. I use FloraNova as well, but like to give them some Mexican bat guano tea during veg. Keeps 'em a healthy green and kicks out some good growth too. Btw, I have 28 gdps and 7 Hindu Kush runnin right now and your ??? plants look a lot like the HK's.

Okay thanx but what i have is definitely not a HK. And i like your setup a lot!

If you have been feeding your plants with pH corrected water and you know you have not drifted from 6.0-6.5 I would rule out nutrient lockout/ soil imbalance completely. 1 tsp per gallon really knocks you up to 1.3 ec? I use flora series from GH and their heavy veg directions suggest 3 tsp of grow, 2 tsp on mirco and 1 tsp of bloom/gallon. I tailor mine to plant specific needs but using those direction my e.c sets around 1.3-1.5 ec and that is a whole lot more concentrated nutes being mix then floranova suggests.

I dont know the N-K-P ratios of floranova but I would not imigine it lacks a good amount of nitrogen. I would feed 2 tsp per gallon. Nitrogen defs. heal quickly when they are treated early. The yellow will return once they get their fix.

You said your using 6.0-6.5 so your soil acidic level should be fine, just my opinion. It is always way harder judging from picture oppose to seeing the plant in real life.

:nicethread::welcome:

Great Setup and plants!!

I just wanted to second what others are saying about the N def. Everything said so far is correct. An additional thought. The N def will likely go away as you move into flower. So be careful not to spike the N and over-correct. I think your plan of a flush then well balanced nutes will keep you right on track. Your plants look great. Be careful making any big changes.

:cheer:

whats up cali, socal ? norcal? im norcal, just finished a 2k watt grow i had 18 plants i used fox farm ocean forrest with fox farm nutes, if your growing in soil just make sure to flush before harvest if you water every 3 days i would start flushing 2 weeks b-4 harvest just 2 make sure you get rid of the nute taste,
better safe than sorry when it comes to the end flushing early and good can only help, heres my grow. rnwy29erclr
IM001748.JPG

I dig the setup Cali! I can't wait to see how they finish...I'll be following along!

Back
Top Bottom