2000 Watt - 69 Plants

I made my first newbie mistake. I had my t5 light to close to my cloner. Good news is they almost all have roots with some with nice roots showing. I'm running a humidifier in the room keeping the humidity around 70%

My seedlings are exploding in growth almost doubing daily.

I also put my seedlings into 3 in rock wool cubes. Of my seedlings I can tell that some are indica and some sativa it's a fun experiment.

IMG_45448.JPG
IMG_454511.JPG
IMG_454611.JPG
IMG_45477.JPG
IMG_45484.JPG
IMG_45499.JPG

Everyone is looking healthy, and happy. I rotated the top of the cloner so that the roots would get a different spray from beneath. I thought that might help some of the ones that are taking longer to root.

Newbie tip- For almost everyone start your lights as high as possible.

For my purposes the risk vs reward for aero over hydro wasn't worth it for me.

Yes I will at least need an air conditioner and probably a water chiller too. They are coming!

This is a professional grow. No diy here. Everything is to building code etc. I bought the best and safest equipment I could afford.

Glad to hear you built your dream to code. since code really is just bare bones minimum to prevent things like fires. I always am bothered when people spend a ton of cash on their grow then try to go cheap on electrical. If you are going to build it, build it to last. :bravo::goodjob:

Deff a pro setup I wouldn't classify this is diy.

Good analogy with the bonds and stock. I do agree it is very sensitive but I have never lost a crop. All the technology out here you can pretty much automate the entire system.

But back to your analogy with aero its deff a bigger and faster yield ur your right more risk.

Either way good setup and can't wait to see what you produce.

A new toy added to my garden. It a temperature controller. Its a long winter where I live so I will use this to pull cold air through a hepa filter from under my house and into my garden. The best thing about this one is I can set different temperatures for during the day and lower and night to bring out those colors. ($).

IMG_45636.JPG

IMG_45586.JPG

IMG_45534.JPG

My lights are on a pulley system right now but I'm going to get rid of that so the lights can be mounted HIGHER. For almost all grow rooms a 1000 w light should be placed as high as possible and left be. Let your plants grow into the space.

Its been a beautiful last few days here in the North. Reached 70's F and the snow has left us hopefully for the year but maybe not.

My room was a little cold for my liking so I swapped out the four foot t5 lights I bought for the 600w metal halide I had laying around. It will be cheaper to keep warmer than plugging in a heater. Ill use the t5 later in a smaller vegging room for my mothers.

image105771.jpeg
IMG_459110.JPG
IMG_45909.JPG
IMG_45879.JPG
IMG_458910.JPG
IMG_460310.JPG
image10576.jpeg
IMG_45827.JPG
IMG_45867.JPG

We finished up the exhaust. I love how straight it is. I bought some awesome hoods that can be vented with the glass off. This adds about 5% more lights to your plants. Im also using HiLUX GRO double ended 1000 w bulbs. They are super efficient and will last much longer than traditional bulbs. My goal for this first grow is 1lb per light.

Are you planning on running co2?

Just some Co2 bags the hydro store sells. They increase Co2 for a 5x5 foot print. Ill place it on the ground on the opposite side of the exhaust so it will be pulled across the plants and hopefully mostly used up.

After this harvest I will be adding a professional Co2 system and digital reader, two more 1,000 w lights, air conditioner, dehumidifier, and another 100 ga reservoir.

Those plants look nice and healthy. Any reason they are so far from the light?

Those plants look nice and healthy. Any reason they are so far from the light?

Good question. Its always best to gradually increase light over a few days maybe even weeks. I switched from a t5 to a 600w metal halide. If the leaves are pointing up later today I will first turn the ballast to 75%. And then tomorrow if the leaves are pointing up Ill turn the ballast up again to 100%. From there using the same technique I would start to lower the hood. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom