2bd DWC grow 3 week old

Igot1two

what can I do to help my ladies out? Strain is the Durban poison. Under 24 hrs of 600 watt mh, haven't ph'd or changed water since week one, set it rockwool. is it time to add some food and change water ? temp is around the 80's
6292.jpeg

How often do you water?

Sent from my LGMS631 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I'm usually changing after bites are added every weekend sometimes stretch during grows to a full 2 weeks depending on ph, adjustments also am owning the 3 step general and adding calmag , now question when everyone is saying use a quarter of the nutes is it like using a quarter of what the bottle tells you to use it using the instructions on the side of the bottle

Exactly. And you might not water enough. Photosynthesis requires h2O. Do you spray em? How the humidity?

Sent from my LGMS631 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have just started 4 of these using English cheese. Really excited to see the outcome once the roots hit the water they explode it's really good fun watching them mine grow about an inch or 2 a day it's mental

Sent from my D6503 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok change your lights to 18-6 as this will make plants root faster.

add nutes at 1.0ec or 500ppm + the value of the tap water. If using RO water add 0.3ec (150ppm) calmag then bump to 1.3ec with base nutes.

Add some great white mycorhizae to the res also. dont add h2o, its not necessary and will kill beneficial bacteria.

If you use advanced nutes ph perfect micro grow bloom it allows for greater fluctuation of ph and still give healthy plants.

make sure theres at least an inch gap between the net pot and the nutrient solution. if roots are not through the net pot top feed 1x daily with the nute mix out of the res with added greatwhite mycorrhizae and a root stimulant such as roots excellurator.

DO NOT follow bottle for base nutes, you need to know exactly what you are putting in. a 1/4 strength or half strength is just guess work, get a ppm/ec meter then you can be accurate with feeds and its mega simple. Much better than guessing. Once roots are through around 1.4ec (700ppm) is perfect for DWC in veg and 1.8-2.0ec (900-1000ppm) in flower depending on the stage of growth and size of plants. ph 5.8.

Ok change your lights to 18-6 as this will make plants root faster.

add nutes at 1.0ec or 500ppm + the value of the tap water. If using RO water add 0.3ec (150ppm) calmag then bump to 1.3ec with base nutes.

Add some great white mycorhizae to the res also. dont add h2o, its not necessary and will kill beneficial bacteria.

If you use advanced nutes ph perfect micro grow bloom it allows for greater fluctuation of ph and still give healthy plants.

make sure theres at least an inch gap between the net pot and the nutrient solution. if roots are not through the net pot top feed 1x daily with the nute mix out of the res with added greatwhite mycorrhizae and a root stimulant such as roots excellurator.

DO NOT follow bottle for base nutes, you need to know exactly what you are putting in. a 1/4 strength or half strength is just guess work, get a ppm/ec meter then you can be accurate with feeds and its mega simple. Much better than guessing. Once roots are through around 1.4ec (700ppm) is perfect for DWC in veg and 1.8-2.0ec (900-1000ppm) in flower depending on the stage of growth and size of plants. ph 5.8.

Awesome info Cultivator, we all thank you =)

Exactly what Cultivator said. I am a month in on a dwc grow if you want to see what Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Blend can do. I never check pH. Change my buckets once a week. 15ml each of the MGB to 4 gallons (15L) early on. So right now I'm getting growth of 1 to 2 inches a day(stretch is on) using 21ml per 15L, plus some of their additives. As you grow more and get used to a certain brand of nutrients and how your growing strain reacts, it almost becomes intuitive when to raise and lower the amounts. Good luck, if I can help just give me a shout over at the Roost.

I gotta chime in...and also ask a q.....am i the only ones that...veg. for 2 months...and never change my nutes....??????...I've never had problems....nutes are expensive...and specifically.. during veg...don't wanna waste...nutes......if my ladies don't look right...I have done a swap ..after a month....but when I'm 12 /12......I change every two weeks till the last week before the flush..

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I gotta chime in...and also ask a q.....am i the only ones that...veg. for 2 months...and never change my nutes....??????...I've never had problems....nutes are expensive...and specifically.. during veg...don't wanna waste...nutes......if my ladies don't look right...I have done a swap ..after a month....but when I'm 12 /12......I change every two weeks till the last week before the flush..

wow 2 months veg in dwc? why so long? It depends on the size of your res, if you are running individually buckets there wont be any nutes left after 2 weeks so it would need to be topped up or plants would dry out. If its recirculating and you have a large res you can get away with not change res. It also depends on the size of the plants and their needs.

wow 2 months veg in dwc? why so long? It depends on the size of your res, if you are running individually buckets there wont be any nutes left after 2 weeks so it would need to be topped up or plants would dry out. If its recirculating and you have a large res you can get away with not change res. It also depends on the size of the plants and their needs.
I do add water ...almost every day...I keep them in veg for two months cause I love to supercrop....I grow in 5 gal. buckets...and I agree there will be no nutes left ...in fact ...when i switched em over to 12/12...I swaped nutes...and it was basically pure water.....Iol....fact is...they still do just fine growth wise till flowering starts....

Mate 2 months in veg is way too long in dwc in a 5 gal pot. i veg 2 weeks and pull 14-16oz dry in the same size buckets. I mean each to their own but you are losing out on 2 or 3 grows a year vegging that long.

If i ran only water they'd be nute deficient real quick. i wouldnt recommend low nutes and not changing the res often, im not saying it doesnt work for you but it will cause problems for some people. By keeping EC steady with some small fluctuation in ph that will give best results. As I said im not saying it wont work but as a rule when teaching people to grow in any sort of hydro id recommend weekly res changes and monitoring of ec and ph, its good practice. Once you are experienced you can try other things. Alot of people in these threads are only just starting out so its better to have a solid routine.

Ive been growing a long time and have grown a lot of plants. Next time you start a grow half your veg time, dont top your plants and just bend them and i bet you anything you get the same numbers and quality.

I always give cultivators tips serious consideration as they obviously have merit.

I Veg for two months in soil/coco for any where between 8-14 oz be nice to get that with two weeks Veg , will be starting my first DWC when seeds arrive had planned to Veg for 30 days but if its not needed I will use two weeks.

Its all new to me can't wait to get started the equipment has been arriving over the last few days , anticipation.

I always give cultivators tips serious consideration as they obviously have merit.

I Veg for two months in soil/coco for any where between 8-14 oz be nice to get that with two weeks Veg , will be starting my first DWC when seeds arrive had planned to Veg for 30 days but if its not needed I will use two weeks.

Its all new to me can't wait to get started the equipment has been arriving over the last few days , anticipation.

If you're going to check pH, and all first timers should, be sure to buy the best test pen you can afford. And calibrate it regularly. That way once you switch to a pH buffered nutrient line, you'll know how good you've got it. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom