2blgl's First Grow Afghani Kush - Skunk & Northern Light - Big Bud

Jesus lol that size of font caught me off guard scrolling down the page hahaha

Glad you lifted the light up more :) Tripped me out the first time I saw that happen too lol
+reps man!

Incredible grow, 2blgl! Especially considering this is your first grow. I read through your whole journal, and am thoroughly impressed. I love the white bud, and really can't wait to see how it especially turns out, but am of course looking forward to seeing how your whole grow goes. Subscribed!

Jesus lol that size of font caught me off guard scrolling down the page hahaha

Glad you lifted the light up more :) Tripped me out the first time I saw that happen too lol
+reps man!

lol same here .. killed my stoned eyes lol

@J189RFC;2293138
Thank you

@flowerfarmer
I sure will be posting a smoke report, hopefully so stoned I have to edit it later to correct the spelling

@Sphnx
I thought it was mold at first, then a real cool albino bud, then I figured out it's bleaching, some say it wont be very good smoke but it has crystals on it so I will smoke it all by its self and find out. Also I started feeding the max amount of the flowering schedule and the buds are getting thicker by the day, thanks for the info on heavy feeding.

@AscendedMasterKief
Thanks for the subscribe and the complements, all I can say though that with out 420 and all the great advice and transfer of knowledge it would not have turned out half as good.

are you using a Calcium/magnesium supplement? your leaves seem to be experiencing some calcium deficiency symptoms.

I am using Technaflora Magical at full strength. I follow the below schedule. for the last two feedings/reservoir change I have been using full strength, prior to that I was doing 1/2 strength. The PH is at 5.81 and staying stedy they are using about a gallon to a gallon and a half every 3 days. But I am noticing that the PPM is going up which means they are not taking nutrients just water. I calibrated the PH meter just to make sure and it is good.

Technaflora_Feeding_Schedule.JPG

Wow.. 1430ppm? thats insane! I've never had my PPM's go over 900 when mixing up nutrients. Even when in late flower, and i'm adding bulking agents to my nutrients my PPM barely comes close to 900

I don't know how concentrated the Magical is, but i know that Botanicare's Cal/Mag + dosage is 5ml per gallon. I cant remember what your reservoir size is.. 6gal cooler right? and you're only using like 4gals or something? i would have to read back. Well, Botanicare's suggested dosage (especially if growing under LEDs like you are, cannabis requires a higher amount of Cal/Mag) is 5ml per gallon which would be about 20mls.

I just read up on Magical.. suggested dosage for Hydroponics application is 1-2tsp per gallon.. which is 5-10mls per gallon, just like Cal/Mag+, which means you aren't giving enough. i would suggest you increase your Calcium and Magnesium to full strength to avoid any further leaf damage to your plant.

Wow.. 1430ppm? thats insane! I've never had my PPM's go over 900 when mixing up nutrients. Even when in late flower, and i'm adding bulking agents to my nutrients my PPM barely comes close to 900

I don't know how concentrated the Magical is, but i know that Botanicare's Cal/Mag + dosage is 5ml per gallon. I cant remember what your reservoir size is.. 6gal cooler right? and you're only using like 4gals or something? i would have to read back. Well, Botanicare's suggested dosage (especially if growing under LEDs like you are, cannabis requires a higher amount of Cal/Mag) is 5ml per gallon which would be about 20mls.

I just read up on Magical.. suggested dosage for Hydroponics application is 1-2tsp per gallon.. which is 5-10mls per gallon, just like Cal/Mag+, which means you aren't giving enough. i would suggest you increase your Calcium and Magnesium to full strength to avoid any further leaf damage to your plant.

i used to never go above 800 ppm now im hitting them with 1800 trying to reach 2000 ppm and they have not had one burnt tip .sphnx has really turned me on to high ppm feedings. i was worried at first but its been almost two months off 1500 and higher ppms . even my fan leaves have trichomes !

Hi 2blgl, I've enjoyed reading your journal and catching up. Your garden looks really good, great job! I'm also especially interested in your Afghan-Kush-Skunk. The strain I'm growing is Afghan x NL x Ruderalis Skunk and has a lot of similarities to yours. Looking forward to following and thanks for sharing. Cheers

:yummy:

Hello Everyone,
After last res change the girls were drinking water but not nutrients as the PPM was rising while water level was going down, so I flushed them for two days with RO water and Hydroguard and Orca, then went with half strength nutrients. The pistols are starting to change colors looks like a reddish orange, plenty of tricomes and even the odd amber one now. Couldnt resist and cut a lower branch that had some popcorn buds on it and slow dried it in the oven at 190 degrees, two hits and had a nice head buzz, since I want more of a head buzz I think I will harvest at about 25% amber. Smell was getting strong so had to get some Ona, must admit stuff works.

Now this weeks pictures

DSC_005725.JPG
DSC_005624.JPG
DSC_005523.JPG
DSC_005823.JPG
DSC_005925.JPG
DSC_006017.JPG

While Ona gel DOES work, i've heard many grower complain that their product tastes like Ona after manicuring.

If you can afford it, a inline fan/carbon filter combo is your best bet, plus it helps circulate the air in your grow space without adding any unnecessary taste to your crop.

Also, judging by the burnt tips on your leaves, your PPM's were/are too high. The reason they could be drinking water and not taking in nutrients is because of a nutrient lockout. A couple day flush like you did then starting again with regular strength nutes is the best course of action. Remember, its okay to add a top up amount of pH balanced water halfway thru the week, as this will usually bring your PPM's back down into safe range and will get you through until your weekly reservoir change.

All in all tho, those plants are looking amazing! Now that your pistils are starting to change colour, you're on the home stretch. Dont get impatient and chop early! Do you have a jewelers loupe for checking the ripeness of your trichomes?

Have a carbon filter, but the wife swears she can smell it so I got the Ona Liquid and those crystals that soak up liquid and turns into the jell and placed it all around the house except for the grow room, the wife is now happy.

By PH balanced you mean 5.8 correct or actually balanced meaning 7.0?

Yep have a jewelers loop, does 30x and 60x.

pH balanced water means you adjust the level to the growing style you are doing. 5.5-6.3 for hydroponics and 6.5-7.5 for soil.

7.0 is a neutral pH, often referred to as "pure" water. But RO water isn't even 7.0, my tap water comes out at 6.5-6.8 so its pretty close, and with a ppm of 5-20ppm for my tap water, i'm pretty lucky to have the water quality i do here. Thats why we sell our water in BC to everywhere in the world!

Hello all,
Today is day 50 since changing light schedule. Plants are still moving along, pistils steady getting color in them and I am seeing lots of milky tricome's on different buds. Still having a reservoir problem though Water falling, PH dropping, and PPM rising. I didnt do the last flush correctly as I didn't PH adjust it and only waited 1 full day till adding nutrients. So I am doing a 3 day flush and keep the PH at 5.8 give or take a point.

Now the pictures

DSC_006518.JPG
DSC_006417.JPG
DSC_006318.JPG
DSC_006220.JPG

11-24-14_CloseUp.jpg
11-24-14_CloseUp-2.jpg

when you flush, you also pour water over the base of the stalk, right?

simply putting pH balanced water into your res isnt enough as the growing medium can leech nutrient salts as well.

But those plants are looking great!! awesome work!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did your grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom