2nd Deep Water Culture Grow - Jock Horror and Raspberry Cough Check it out

Daffodil

so im newbie to this forum but deff not a newbie to the Deep Water Culture clan. Didnt know that the group moved to this forum until earlier today. so here it is...going pretty well using a 400w MH/HPS swapable 3 airstones hooked to 2 airpumps one with a single output and another with 2 output. everything seems to be going good had a couple problems because they were not at my own house for 2 weeks and i didnt have enuf to time to get there everyday and the day before i moved. i was drunk and gave them to much nutes so they got nute burned like fuck :cheer: and since i moved the next day i didnt have the time to check on them when i checked them the day after they were nute burned to shit i moved them to my new place and gave the straight ph'd water for 2 days and then i saw what looked 2 me like a zinc deficiency. the problem i have run into is the fact that i dumbass'ly decided to do 3 of the jock horror and 3 of the raspberry cough. which be the pics u can obviously see. because the smaller plant arent caught up with the other strain. never should have done this....so now im dealing with the problem of trying to give the bigger plants enuf nutes, while trying not to give the smaller plants nute burn what do yall think i should do...i dont wanna seperate them in seperate res'es cus i did that last time and it was a pain in the ass...do u think i can just find the happy medium for the mean time till they all get big enuf to handle the same amount of nutes? well apparently i cant post pics yet give me alil and ill post them

Hey man, I see the pics! They look pretty sweet, I don't have time to write just now, I'll be back in a couple hours, but hang in there man.

I do want to say though, you don't want to raise 6 plants in the one res, as I found out it's too much for that small space. They were designed for 6 seeds figuring you'd be removing half as males leaving 3 females to flower.

I'll be back later.

AFTER a pic is Uploaded, a easy way to show them, is

left click the thumbnail, it gets alrger
right click it, a wIndow pops up, go to PROPERTIES
On the PROPERTIES, see the url, or address, starts with http and ends with html
right button click and Copy the address

add [ img ] in front of it and [/ing] at the end of it
paste that

and it will be a pic [ /im]

thx guys ya i know how to do it its just i had my camera set to take 4 meg pics and the limit is 1 and i was drunk last nite didnt feel like doing all the stuff to resize them so ima just change my camera settings and take some new ones today and ill post them ina lil bit. check back in like an hour

Hey man, I see the pics! They look pretty sweet, I don't have time to write just now, I'll be back in a couple hours, but hang in there man.

I do want to say though, you don't want to raise 6 plants in the one res, as I found out it's too much for that small space. They were designed for 6 seeds figuring you'd be removing half as males leaving 3 females to flower.

I'll be back later.

and by the way ya i know that...this time i bought a res thats huge compared to my old one...so i mean if it comes down 2 it....i can use 2 res'es but ima try not 2 cus i dont want to deal with 2 sets of water 2 sets of nutes 2 sets of ph. if that makes sense...well see how it goes and if they start gettin too crowded ill move the 3 to one of my other res'es

okay heres the pics from today

DSC015101.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

DSC015043.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC015051.jpg

by the way yes i know the mylar is fucked lol....iv had to move it so many times now ....havent had a chance to get down the Igrow store lol

ya it is lol....and yes they are i love looking at them all the time...i just go stand there an stare at them hahaha

geez..um id say 5 weeks. i got all outa wack cus i had to move them from their origanal home to a friends house where it was for 2 weeks and then moved it here so id say 5 weeks. 1 week at the old house 2 weeks at my friends and 2 weeks here. they are gettin huge they are at the point where they are drinkin a shitload and they are gettin alot bigger everyday. more growth than they have shown the entire time...the runt though still isnt doing a whole lot its kinda weird all of the other 5 are growing fast but that one is not showing much growth at all...ill take some more pics and put them on here ina min brb

also quick question i have some liquid karma and im wondering should i use it? im using FF nutes right now(grow big and big bloom)....should i go ahead and use some karma too? or wait till flowering or what? and if i should use it now how much should i use and when should i use it? when i do a D and R? or like a coulple days before i do a D and R?

Im not positive but I think it might be a good idea to move a couple of those smaller plants to a seperate system because those monsters might out grow them. Im just saying because I had a similar experience and it seems to me that 3 or even 2 strong plants can take over the tank. I have a couple plants that werent strong enough to keep up and they got wasted.No light No nutes. So just a thought They do look good though:bravo:!!!!

Lookin Great!!!!!!!! Raspberry cough huh? Sounds delicious!!!
ya it does sound delicious and the other reason i decided on these is because they say that it maximizes yield when grown closely together...which for this system sounded perfect...and for the jock horror....a cross strain of northern lights skunk and purple haze struck my fancy lol...couldnt go wrong with any of those so i figured a crossstrain of all of them WOOOOOWEEEE lol

Im not positive but I think it might be a good idea to move a couple of those smaller plants to a seperate system because those monsters might out grow them. Im just saying because I had a similar experience and it seems to me that 3 or even 2 strong plants can take over the tank. I have a couple plants that werent strong enough to keep up and they got wasted.No light No nutes. So just a thought They do look good though:bravo:!!!!

ya im deff gonna hafta move them...prob is i need a couple more air pumps and a couple more air stones and i quit my job a month ago and just got a new job today. i start next tuesday so im low on the cash flow and need all the money i have right now to help me make it till i start on tuesday....so once i get some more money those smaller 3 are deff gonna get seperated

thx for the feedback guys deff keep checkin on me if u dont mind

No idea on the Liquid Karma Synik4l. I did have a thought though. You said you're running 2 airpumps connected to 3 airstones. And you need another airpump to move 3 of the girls to another res. I bought a T splitter (came with 2) for like a buck at Walmart and hooked it to my airlines to split out the air to 2 stones. It worked great, I had no issue with the air coming out any slower then with the one stone. I found the splitter in the aquarium area. That might help if that's all you need to get 3 into another res, if you have the res and an extra stone around. Then, you could add more nutes in on the bigger ones.

Back
Top Bottom