2nd Grow: Blue Cookies & Sour Jack In FFOF & HF

Jajunk

This is my second grow, I think I learned a good amount from the first (Newbie, sprouting issues and droop), thanks to the help of some kind members and a bit of a learning curve. I hope to make this grow much more productive.

Set up:

2x4x6' Gorilla Lite
Active Air 6" 400CFM with Can 33 attached
315W LEC (Ceramic Metal Halide) bulb in reflective hood running 18-6h during veg.
2 small, non-osc fans
2, 1.3 gallon ultrasonic humidifiers outside the tent but ported in via ducting (took two because my exhaust pulls air through the tent so fast, even at lowest setting).

Soaked seeds for 24 hours in water, then about 18 hours between wet paper towels. Planted in one gallon pots with 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog on 4/13/19. They popped in about 2-3 days.

Tent temperatures around 80-83F in the day with 50-60% RH and night time temperatures around 66-70F and about the same RH. Sprouts already look much healthier and larger than my first grow.

Plan on using FF Grow Big, CalMag, and Thrive Alive, once needed, but may consider other nutes.

Watering about every 5 days at the moment with well water pH'd up to 6.48-6.50pH

Will update.

Photo: from top left to bottom is SJ5, SJ4, and BC3 on the bottom take on 4/21/19 and 4/23/19.

Attachments

• 20190413_095207.jpg
    20190413_095207.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 20190421_152138.jpg
    20190421_152138.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 288
  • 20190423_113314.jpg
    20190423_113314.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 280
Hi! I am going to watch how this goes. I ran FF grows for many years and consider myself a bit of an expert on that system. I strongly recommend that you get the rest of the FF nutes... at least the rest of the trio to go with the Grow Big... get the Tiger Bloom and the Big Bloom and trust the FF feeding schedule to the letter.... not the one on the side of the bottles, but the one you can download. If you really want to supercharge a FF grow, also get the 3 solubles and learn to use them correctly too.
:goodluck:

Thanks Emilya, looking forward to having you along. I think I am going to complete the trio and then look into the solubles. I have the FF PDF schedule that I used last time, but I used at half strength so I may try the full recommended schedule.

Just into the 3rd week, started nutes at 1/2 dosage just to see how they react. 3 tsp Big Bloom, 1 tsp Grow Big, 1 tsp CalMag, and 1/2 tsp Thrive Alive. Well water ph'D up to 6.40. Still seem to be doing well. If they take the nutes well will go to full schedule from FF next watering.

Attachments

• 20190430_094449.jpg
    20190430_094449.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
Also, one thing I need to start thinking about is training. Last grow I was pretty chaotic about it (some LST and a lot of topping late in veg) and I think it affected my yield, even though I had a decent harvest. Any suggestions? Been looking in to quadlining or mainlining and LST.

I have great luck with Uncle Ben's method of topping to get to a quadlining situation... look it up!

I found a few sources on it, I think I will try this with a couple of the plants. My one question, which I haven't found a definitive answer on the interwebs, is what is considered the 1st node? I know it's not the cotyledon leaves, but is it the 1st single leaves that pop after? I'm thinking of topping one between the 2nd and 3rd as Uncle Ben's describes and then maybe one between 3 and 4, just to compare techniques and yield.

Hi! I am going to watch how this goes. I ran FF grows for many years and consider myself a bit of an expert on that system. I strongly recommend that you get the rest of the FF nutes... at least the rest of the trio to go with the Grow Big... get the Tiger Bloom and the Big Bloom and trust the FF feeding schedule to the letter.... not the one on the side of the bottles, but the one you can download. If you really want to supercharge a FF grow, also get the 3 solubles and learn to use them correctly too.
:goodluck:
So so so so true. Im a novice. Im on my 4th grow and the FFOF and FF Soil Trio if you follow downloaded one .....holy cow they make me look like an expert. Explosive growth to say the least

I found a few sources on it, I think I will try this with a couple of the plants. My one question, which I haven't found a definitive answer on the interwebs, is what is considered the 1st node? I know it's not the cotyledon leaves, but is it the 1st single leaves that pop after? I'm thinking of topping one between the 2nd and 3rd as Uncle Ben's describes and then maybe one between 3 and 4, just to compare techniques and yield.
You are correct... the first node is the set of leaves that develop just above the cotyledons... the first true fan leaves.

Whelp, I topped SJ4 between the 2nd and 3rd nodes, and SJ5 between the 3rd and 4th. Waiting for the 5th node on BC3 to top it. Last watering I went with the full recommended schedule from FF and I think I burned them a little, which I was worried about with the Ocean Forest.. anyone else have this issue? I don't think it's too bad and they will bounce back, but wondering if I should go back to half strength for a bit...

Attachments

• 20190507_172810burn.jpg
    20190507_172810burn.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 262
Interesting to how your blue Cookie does. I’ve got one on the go right now. Haven’t had the best of luck with her. I’ll be following along!!

:passitleft:

Last grow, my two BCs were very finicky, but they produced some nice buds. They were very short and bushy with not huge buds but plenty of them, but I also did some chaotic topping and such. Welcome aboard.

Last grow, my two BCs were very finicky, but they produced some nice buds. They were very short and bushy with not huge buds but plenty of them, but I also did some chaotic topping and such. Welcome aboard.

Interesting that your last two were finicky. A good friend of mine said he had the same problems as mine with his white cookie. Both from the same seed bank.

If you’ve got some time to do some reading, and If you're interested, at the bottom of my posts, there’s a link to my journal, called Blue Angel 2019. Have one blue Cookie going and one Dark Angel.

Whelp, I topped SJ4 between the 2nd and 3rd nodes, and SJ5 between the 3rd and 4th. Waiting for the 5th node on BC3 to top it. Last watering I went with the full recommended schedule from FF and I think I burned them a little, which I was worried about with the Ocean Forest.. anyone else have this issue? I don't think it's too bad and they will bounce back, but wondering if I should go back to half strength for a bit...
I use FFOF and the FF soil trio. Youre not going to burn them i think that is highly exxagerated. Ffof id's awesome. I grow autos and from the day it comes up im smahing her with nutes. Just how i do it. Worst that's ever happened? Slight burn on tips. Big deal. Those nutes are great go full strength . i also put my seed directly into my soil that everyone said would kill it. It doesnt and I'm enjoying 100% germ rate heres my two girls raised on fox farm products. One i is in 9th week other 7th

Attachments

• 20190505_072201.jpg
    20190505_072201.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 20190503_070811.jpg
    20190503_070811.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 20190503_070742.jpg
    20190503_070742.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 275
  • 20190502_182239.jpg
    20190502_182239.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 292
I use FFOF and the FF soil trio. Youre not going to burn them i think that is highly exxagerated. Ffof id's awesome. I grow autos and from the day it comes up im smahing her with nutes. Just how i do it. Worst that's ever happened? Slight burn on tips. Big deal. Those nutes are great go full strength . i also put my seed directly into my soil that everyone said would kill it. It doesnt and I'm enjoying 100% germ rate heres my two girls raised on fox farm products. One i is in 9th week other 7th

Nice looking girls... what sativa is that? Crazy looking thin leaves (well compared to my previous SJ). Yeah, it only burned them a little initially it looks like... I'm going to keep full strength unless I really see something bad, then will flush if I have to or figure something out.

Nice looking girls... what sativa is that? Crazy looking thin leaves (well compared to my previous SJ). Yeah, it only burned them a little initially it looks like... I'm going to keep full strength unless I really see something bad, then will flush if I have to or figure something out.
Awesone. Don't worry about burnt tips bro. That's what i shot for theni know to dial back just a smidge. Full strength will not burn then i promise u that.

The sativa looking one is a hybrid indica dom. Obviously the pheno i got is Sativa lol. The one next to it is a royal Cheese n back one thday juuuust spit out her 2 pustils is a Green Crack

Back
Top Bottom