2nd Grow: Blue Cookies & Sour Jack In FFOF & HF

Almost 1 month in, everyone seems to be doing well.. debating on when to transfer to the 5 gallon soft pots.

Lookin good brutha. Autos? Then transefer asap.

This is my second grow, I think I learned a good amount from the first (Newbie, sprouting issues and droop), thanks to the help of some kind members and a bit of a learning curve. I hope to make this grow much more productive.

Set up:

2x4x6' Gorilla Lite
Active Air 6" 400CFM with Can 33 attached
315W LEC (Ceramic Metal Halide) bulb in reflective hood running 18-6h during veg.
2 small, non-osc fans
2, 1.3 gallon ultrasonic humidifiers outside the tent but ported in via ducting (took two because my exhaust pulls air through the tent so fast, even at lowest setting).

Soaked seeds for 24 hours in water, then about 18 hours between wet paper towels. Planted in one gallon pots with 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog on 4/13/19. They popped in about 2-3 days.

Tent temperatures around 80-83F in the day with 50-60% RH and night time temperatures around 66-70F and about the same RH. Sprouts already look much healthier and larger than my first grow.

Plan on using FF Grow Big, CalMag, and Thrive Alive, once needed, but may consider other nutes.

Watering about every 5 days at the moment with well water pH'd up to 6.48-6.50pH

Will update.

Photo: from top left to bottom is SJ5, SJ4, and BC3 on the bottom take on 4/21/19 and 4/23/19.
Watching and along for the ride.

How did the roots look? Nice and healthy?:popcorn:

Oh yeah.. plenty of them and looking good, real nice root balls. Entire 1 gal of soil stayed together when transplanting. Forgot to get a pic of the roots, which I normally do.

Small update. All have been topped and LST beginning. Just did a little bit of trimming on lower leaves etc. All seem to be doing very well in the new 5 gal softpots (50/50 Happy Frog and Ocean Forest) and full FF Trio schedule. Hoping to give maybe another few weeks of veg and then flip. Have seen one or two small flies, I'm assuming fungus gnats that I think come in the store bought soil. I'm letting them dry out fairly well before next watering and may use a mosquito dunk with next water. Hung a RAID fly ribbon also.

From left to right: SJ5, SJ4, BC3 (bottom).

Lot's of good growth going on, gave them another haircut and cut a few smaller, shaded branches off to focus on other branches. Looks like I should have sites for some good colas.. going to let it ride and trim here and there for a few more weeks of veg then flip. Suggestions welcome.

Top left to right: SJ5, SJ4, BC3 (bottom)

The girls were looking thirsty, saw a few small deficiency burns starting. It was time to water them anyway so gave them a drink/feeding, this was six days after last feeding/watering. They've typically been going about a week but I think they are getting thirstier with all the growth. Anyway, chugging along, can't wait to flip them.

Top left to right: SJ5, SJ4, BC3 on bottom.

Was the picture taken before feeding? I hope so, that sj4 looks hella droopy lol, other then that their looking good :thumb:

Immediately after... she's also tied down kind of lower than the others so that might be why, but I definitely think I need to decrease days between feeding; yesterday probably would've been optimal, they let me know this morning they were thirsty.

Quick update: Watered/feed them again today, just 4 days after last.. they are really thirsty/hungry.. the pots were very light. Looked for some preflowers but didn't see any yet. Tent is starting to get full! Grow, babies, grow!

So, I think one thing I really need to learn better with experience is training... I'm ok with LST and I think I have topping down using the quadlining, but I'm always so timid to trim a bunch.

The Sour Jacks are looking nice and even.. the Blue Cookies (bottom in the picture) is a little squirrely looking even though I feel like I treated her the same way... some nodes are much longer than others.

I was hoping to veg her for a bit longer and maybe have her nodes even out some.... but, I'm seeing preflowers now and I'd say the SJs are ready for flip. It's also starting to get very crowded. They are almost at 7 weeks.

Thoughts?

How much room do you have to your light? They will almost double in size after finished flowering. It’s up to you man:Rasta:

Light is about 2' off of them right now, but with about 4' of play, so no worries there... They are short and bushy, and were the first grow too.. last grow they gained about a foot.

Light is about 2' off of them right now, but with about 4' of play, so no worries there... They are short and bushy, and were the first grow too.. last grow they gained about a foot.

Haha yeah sorry dude, I think I was too high after I typed that:laughtwo: you absolutely understood me but what I meant was how much room above the light hahaha stoner moment! Your golden bro!

Back
Top Bottom