2nd Grow: Blue Cookies & Sour Jack In FFOF & HF

Very crowded in the tent, the ladies have been switched to 12/12 and given their first dose of Tiger Bloom. I lowered the temp to around 78-79 during the day and going to start to slowly lower humidity to about 45% during the day.

Looking great, but just one bit of advice for your next run... when you flip to 12/12 the plants are not instantly in flowering mode... it takes 7 to 10 day to make that flip. Until then, you are still vegging and the plants need that nitrogen to make the conversion but still have very little use for the potassium and phosphorus in the Tiger Bloom. My advice is to give one more veg stage feeding right after the flip, and then move to the flowering nutes.

Looking great, but just one bit of advice for your next run... when you flip to 12/12 the plants are not instantly in flowering mode... it takes 7 to 10 day to make that flip. Until then, you are still vegging and the plants need that nitrogen to make the conversion but still have very little use for the potassium and phosphorus in the Tiger Bloom. My advice is to give one more veg stage feeding right after the flip, and then move to the flowering nutes.

Thanks, noted. I was just following the FF Trio schedule, which was 2 TSP Tiger, 2 TSP of Grow Big, and 3 TSP of Big Bloom.

Chugging along, 10 days into 12/12, just starting to see some pistils forming. The BC had some leaves canoeing/clawing down right at the beginning of flowering, it actually started before switching to the flowering nutes, so I don't know if it was a nitrogen overdose, heat, windburn or what... but I didn't change the nute schedule and they have bounced back well. I did raise the light source to lower the temps to daytime temps around 79F and nighttime temps around 68-70F. Feeding/watering them every 4-5 days.

The girls have been stretching a good amount.. during yesterday's feeding I went ahead and lollipopped them and fairly aggressively trimmed them, will probably be their last big trim. Now just time to watch them fat buds grow (hopefully). I think my setup lends itself to fairly short, squat plants. I may invest in another lamp at some point.

From left to right: SJ4, BC3, SJ5

From top left to bottom: SJ5, SJ4, BC3 (Bottom):

Small update, nothing too special, just a little more stretch and buds just starting to really form. BC3 is really taking off height wise the most it seems, which is a bit surprising since it's more indica dominant and the SJs are sativa dominant. I figured they stretch the most which was the case last grow... still a good amount of time though.

Left to Right: SJ4, BC3, SJ5

Top left to bottom: SJ5, SJ4, BC3

Well said @Jdeck

Your plants are looking great! Full of life! :thumb:
Thx @Jajunk I haven’t posted pics this week because I’m quite ashamed. I have a BubbaKush in full flower that I neglected. Either ph related or lack of Calcium in her diet. The fan leaves look like holy hell. Never had this happen before. I most definitely added cal mag to her diet. She’s a hungry one. Cheers, and good vibes to those vibrant plants!!!

Buds starting to fill out.. I broke a branch on this last watering :(... there was about half the branch left unbroken so I duct taped it. I hope it recovers, I've had smaller breaks and duct tape seemed to work, here's hoping.

Broke right at a bud site...
20190625_111010-jpg.1829688

Duct tape:

Left to right: SJ4, BC3, SJ5

Left to right: SJ5, BC3 (bottom), SJ4

Attachments

• 20190625_111010.jpg
    20190625_111010.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 177
Looks like BC3 had a deficiency problem? I can't imagine it's a burn because she's been getting the same treatment for awhile now. I think she's just insanely hungry and thirsty, she's definitely growing and fatting up faster than the SJs... I had this happen last grow but not as much. She's getting the exact same treatment as the SJs. I didn't change anything yet unless I see it get way worse, then will try to figure out something. I'm watering/feeding every 4 days now since they are sucking it up quick.

Left to right: SJ4, BC3, SJ5

Left to right: SJ5, BC3 (bottom), SJ4

Hmmm, my pH has always been between 6.45 and 6.65, never exceeding or going below. From what I've read, I really shouldn't need to supplement my nutrients. Maybe decreasing the time between feeding should help? I did raise the light to max level also, as ambient temperatures have gone up around here with a heat wave. Open to other suggestions?

I say it over and over again... in soil the sweet spot is 6.3 pH, and at that higher level with a strong upward soil drift, you could be missing out entirely on minerals that are more mobile at the lower end of the range. If you nutrients are in line and should be there, this would be the next thing to check, especially in FF nutes and FF soil. Also, potassium is a hard one to read because excesses can also look ugly, and this along with the pH thing might be what the problem is. You are feeding with each watering, and if you look at the FF feeding recommendations you are definitely over doing it.... they recommend Feed/water/feed/water... always alternating so that you dont overload the soil with unused nutrients. Less is more as they say... or at least don't exceed what FF recommends.

Back
Top Bottom